FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
Jan 3, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #106 of 633
Hello everyone. I also want to order these IEMs. Instead of Elysian Diva and Gaea. I have a question, who knows which BA are installed in MSE. From which manufacturer? Perhaps there is a more extended specification besides 1DD/7BA/4EST.

Jan 3, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #107 of 633
Hello everyone. I also want to order these IEMs. Instead of Elysian Diva and Gaea. I have a question, who knows which BA are installed in MSE. From which manufacturer? Perhaps there is a more extended specification besides 1DD/7BA/4EST.

I can get more clarification on that for you/everyone here soon.

Jan 3, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #108 of 633
My Maestro SE will be on the way to me next week!

Jan 3, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #110 of 633
Have you got a Mini and a SE? 🤘

Yes, both of them will be coming my way at the same time. Happy to provide comparisons after I get them.

Jan 5, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #113 of 633
Good day Alror, I made a video comparing the Z1R and the SE. Hope it helps!

Man, that was an awesome watch. Thank you so much for your effort and for linking me this! Looks like you and I have similarly shaped ears... the problem with the IER is not the short nozzle, it's the sharp rim where the BA driver supposedly is that makes it so I just can't fit properly into my ear, because it will not accommodate it. It's funny, when I first heard the IER I was wondering where that godly bass it supposedly had was, but then I realised they are midbass focused just like you said, and I was just too used to sub-bass focused IEMS to really appreciate it... or maybe my fit just sucks and that's why I fail to appreciate the bass. Apologies for going off-topic to crap on the Sony's ergonomics xD, I'm not sure how Sony approved this contentious design or if it was inevitable.

The Fatfreq Maestro having more subbass and a more forward midrange sounds like it would be right up my alley. I need a better pronounced midrange... I wish there were a way I could try them out in Europe!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #114 of 633
Man, that was an awesome watch. Thank you so much for your effort and for linking me this! Looks like you and I have similarly shaped ears... the problem with the IER is not the short nozzle, it's the sharp rim where the BA driver supposedly is that makes it so I just can't fit properly into my ear, because it will not accommodate it. It's funny, when I first heard the IER I was wondering where that godly bass it supposedly had was, but then I realised they are midbass focused just like you said, and I was just too used to sub-bass focused IEMS to really appreciate it... or maybe my fit just sucks and that's why I fail to appreciate the bass. Apologies for going off-topic to crap on the Sony's ergonomics xD, I'm not sure how Sony approvided this contentious design or if it was inevitable.

The Fatfreq Maestro having more subbass and a more forward midrange sounds like it would be right up my alley. I need a better pronounced midrange... I wish there were a way avenue I could they try them out in Europe!
Been able to try IEMs in Spain?
It's a nice dream, indeed :weary:

Jan 5, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #115 of 633
Tell me about it, compañero de armas... Besides the 64 Audio line in Germany, we pretty much have zero access to anything IEM in that price category. Even Sony discontinued their IEM stuff here for what I can only guess is people not willing to pay so much in tax for them

Jan 5, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #116 of 633
Super curious to see how it compares to other iems touted as having awesome bass like the IER-Z1R. I hope its great!

Good day Alror, I made a video comparing the Z1R and the SE. Hope it helps!

Man, that was an awesome watch. Thank you so much for your effort and for linking me this! Looks like you and I have similarly shaped ears... the problem with the IER is not the short nozzle, it's the sharp rim where the BA driver supposedly is that makes it so I just can't fit properly into my ear, because it will not accommodate it. It's funny, when I first heard the IER I was wondering where that godly bass it supposedly had was, but then I realised they are midbass focused just like you said, and I was just too used to sub-bass focused IEMS to really appreciate it... or maybe my fit just sucks and that's why I fail to appreciate the bass. Apologies for going off-topic to crap on the Sony's ergonomics xD, I'm not sure how Sony approved this contentious design or if it was inevitable.

The Fatfreq Maestro having more subbass and a more forward midrange sounds like it would be right up my alley. I need a better pronounced midrange... I wish there were a way I could try them out in Europe!

Thanks for the comparisons. Really nice job indeed @reallynotareview

Tell me about it, compañero de armas... Besides the 64 Audio line in Germany, we pretty much have zero access to anything IEM in that price category. Even Sony discontinued their IEM stuff here for what I can only guess is people not willing to pay so much in tax for them

Would be nice if had we a high-end brand from Spain.

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #117 of 633

All good :smile: Glad the video could be of help and thanks for your kind comments! Yeah I wish there was more indent for that IEM just so it could fit inside the ear better. Totally agree about the fit/comfort, it's like this IEM was tested with ONE executive from Sony and it was approved based on that person's level of comfort because it is notorious for having a bad fit for most people or Sony's thinking, whoever is not worthy to find this comfortable do not deserve to enjoy its sound (that would be me :sob:). Yeah it is mid bass focused but what they did with the mid bass is special. Something to match higher priced gear even but I like my sub bass too and like you, fit and comfort is important especially if you're going to listen to something for hours. Maybe this is an opportunity for someone seeing this to open more audio shops in Europe haha *fingers crossed* Hopefully you'll be able to test the SE someday!
Thanks for the comparisons. Really nice job indeed @reallynotareview

Would be nice if had we a high-end brand from Spain.
Thanks very much Sebastien and for stopping by to check out the channel as well!

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #118 of 633
Alas, I probably won't be able to buy maestro se. The guys with fatfreq disappointed. A friend from Switzerland and I wanted to buy 1 piece at full cost with dhl delivery. I personally came to the review, we wanted to cooperate in the future with the promotion of the brand in Europe. but the guys from fatfreq said buy at least 15pcs... LOL. We say the greed of the fraera (fashionable man for the show) ruined. Well, we have been waiting for an answer for several days, as they write here. they won't go far with such cases... We are shocked, to be honest, and this is the first time we have met such a thing.

Ps. and this is all despite the fact that there are still no complete specifications for these iems even on the official website. we don't know what's inside. For me, as the head of the company, it would be a shame and a disgrace.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #119 of 633
I just joined the club

20230105_141300_HDR.jpg

Jan 5, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #120 of 633
Alas, I probably won't be able to buy maestro se. The guys with fatfreq disappointed. A friend from Switzerland and I wanted to buy 1 piece at full cost with dhl delivery. I personally came to the review, we wanted to cooperate in the future with the promotion of the brand in Europe. but the guys from fatfreq said buy at least 15pcs... LOL. We say the greed of the fraera (fashionable man for the show) ruined. Well, we have been waiting for an answer for several days, as they write here. they won't go far with such cases... We are shocked, to be honest, and this is the first time we have met such a thing.

Ps. and this is all despite the fact that there are still no complete specifications for these iems even on the official website. we don't know what's inside. For me, as the head of the company, it would be a shame and a disgrace.

Maybe there's a misunderstanding here. I assume FatFreq assumed you wanted to become a dealer?

For international purchases, shipping in bulk makes a lot more sense and it is safe to assume that is why did not think it was worth it.

No need to blow things out of proportion, I hope I can provide more clarity on things sooner than later.

I just joined the club

20230105_141300_HDR.jpg

Congratulations! Welcome to the club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back