FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
Dec 28, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #77 of 633
Really interested in hearing your impressions especially compared to the other flagships in your collection. Also curious if you feel this iem can be a solid daily driver or whether the agressive bass tends to be fatiguing after awhile.

Based off of initial impressions I don’t think the bass would be fatiguing. It’s so sub bass focused and overall very clean that it doesn’t come off as boomy or as bombastic as you’d expect. There’s good bass control here given how much sub bass they’ve managed to put in the tuning. when you listen to sub bassy tracks it makes itself present but I don’t find it overbearing.

How it compare to xe6?

XE6 has much more mid bass and less sub bass. The IEM is much warmer and pushes up lower mids much more compared to Maestro, which is leaner and more revealing in comparison. Very different sounding IEMs.

Dec 28, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #78 of 633
Based off of initial impressions I don’t think the bass would be fatiguing. It’s so sub bass focused and overall very clean that it doesn’t come off as boomy or as bombastic as you’d expect. There’s good bass control here given how much sub bass they’ve managed to put in the tuning. when you listen to sub bassy tracks it makes itself present but I don’t find it overbearing.

XE6 has much more mid bass and less sub bass. The IEM is much warmer and pushes up lower mids much more compared to Maestro, which is leaner and more revealing in comparison. Very different sounding IEMs.
Which do you prefer so far?

Dec 28, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #80 of 633

Congratulations. Hope you like them. They need power. Welcome to slam city!

Slam city is never a bad thing for those of us who love slam.

Really interested in hearing your impressions especially compared to the other flagships in your collection. Also curious if you feel this iem can be a solid daily driver or whether the agressive bass tends to be fatiguing after awhile.

Same, curious about this as well since @aaf evo has overall quite similar tastes to mine.

Dec 28, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #82 of 633
Eyyyyy finally~ Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your experience vs the XE6. I know A12T is a custom and it would be a different sound profile to different ears since it's a custom but just curious what are your thoughts on the Maestro SE VS your A12T if you don't mind sharing?

I prefer the Maestro to A12t. A12t mids are more laid back in comparison overall to me, they lack the clarity I hear in the Maestro.

Bass, no contest.

Mids, prefer Maestro although with stock cable I did find low mids a tad too recessed and thin for my overall tastes, doesn’t seem to be an issue with August Fun cable. Vocals probably go to 12t.

Treble.. like the A12t treble quality slightly more. Note edges sound a bit smoother and it’s easier on the ears for me. Maestro treble is well tuned and has great extension but it’s not the best quality to me. Nothing that I’m feeling is a deal breaker, but it is noticeable on some tracks.

Maestro has a bigger stage to me with more precise imaging, 12t I find layers better with superior dynamic contrast. :)

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #83 of 633
I prefer the Maestro to A12t. A12t mids are more laid back in comparison overall to me, they lack the clarity I hear in the Maestro.

Bass, no contest.

Mids, prefer Maestro although with stock cable I did find low mids a tad too recessed and thin for my overall tastes, doesn’t seem to be an issue with August Fun cable. Vocals probably go to 12t.

Treble.. like the A12t treble quality slightly more. Note edges sound a bit smoother and it’s easier on the ears for me. Maestro treble is well tuned and has great extension but it’s not the best quality to me. Nothing that I’m feeling is a deal breaker, but it is noticeable on some tracks.

Maestro has a bigger stage to me with more precise imaging, 12t I find layers better with superior dynamic contrast. :)
Thanks for your reply and feedback ☺️ I was actually contemplating between getting the A12T or Maestro SE in the beginning but loving my bass, glad to verify that I made the right choice.

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #84 of 633
Thanks for your reply and feedback ☺️ I was actually contemplating between getting the A12T or Maestro SE in the beginning but loving my bass, glad to verify that I made the right choice.

I love A12t but if bass is the priority then it’s just not a close battle. Hah.

Dec 28, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #87 of 633
Anyone have any suggestions on the most efficient way to communicate with FatFreq representatives? I'm considering buying these in CIEM but I have a few questions.

By email is the best way for now.

Dec 28, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #90 of 633
You don't want to try the grand? I heard it has more mid bass.

Also, is this in your top 2 iems now?
Not a fan of the grand. was too sharp, and because of that, i couldn't listen to it loud enough to notice the bass. Luckily though, AFAIK they are still adjusting the tuning of the grand (and the se and mini to an extent) based on user input. might change down the line :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back