FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
Dec 16, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #61 of 633
The team at FatFreq has kindly asked me to communicate this to you all.

If you have not already, you will be receiving this in your emails sooner than later:

Your support to the brand is invaluable and we apologise for the delays encountered in shipping.

As for our refund and cancellation policy, we have taken some feedback and would like to tell you that the 15-20% platform fee incurred would no longer be applicable for order cancellations with immediate effect.

Do let us know your decision to proceed!

We hope to service you better in future.

- Ben

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #62 of 633
For what's it worth, I just wanted to share my experiences with FatFreq's availabilty and responsiveness. In one word: Outstanding! I only communicated to them via their chat and they (Ben) replied instantaneously all the time. Even then when I was stupid enough to not factor in that it was in the middle of the night from him, I received helpful responses. Not to mention his total kindness. To me, FatFreq scored big with their customer obsession. A big thank you from my end. :)

Dec 22, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #64 of 633
For what's it worth, I just wanted to share my experiences with FatFreq's availabilty and responsiveness. In one word: Outstanding! I only communicated to them via their chat and they (Ben) replied instantaneously all the time. Even then when I was stupid enough to not factor in that it was in the middle of the night from him, I received helpful responses. Not to mention his total kindness. To me, FatFreq scored big with their customer obsession. A big thank you from my end. :)

I think you got lucky!

Really? I find their responsiveness super slow. :/

Hopefully, I'll be able to provide a little more insight to everyone on why that's the case in January.

Dec 22, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #65 of 633
Really? I find their responsiveness super slow. :/
Yes, I read you were not as lucky as me. Did you talk (or tried to) to FatFreq or to Linsoul - I can't remember. The FatFreq chat might be a good alternative in that case.

I wonder how the MSE will eventually compare to your incoming Thieaudio. Hopefully you will receive them both before the "storm" will break loose, focuswise... 😊✌️

Dec 22, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #66 of 633
Yes, I read you were not as lucky as me. Did you talk (or tried to) to FatFreq or to Linsoul - I can't remember. The FatFreq chat might be a good alternative in that case.

I wonder how the MSE will eventually compare to your incoming Thieaudio. Hopefully you will receive them both before the "storm" will break loose, focuswise... 😊✌️

Yes I've tried email and live chat, it takes day to get a response if they even bother. Sometimes I have to send another message to get their attention again. I get they're busy and it's holiday season, but still..

Dec 25, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #67 of 633
Let me know what you think! I'm curious to see how it compares with your Mest MkII. I've heard a lot of great reviews on those IEM's and unfortunately missed out on the chance of owning a preowned pair.
Was thinking about buying a u12t, but then saw this Maestro se, which one is better? Or which one would you choose?? Thanks and Merry Xmas

anyone who has tried both can also comment?

Build time is about 7 to 10 days for the SE now, spoke with them on Chat today

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #69 of 633
Was thinking about buying a u12t, but then saw this Maestro se, which one is better? Or which one would you choose?? Thanks and Merry Xmas

anyone who has tried both can also comment?

Build time is about 7 to 10 days for the SE now, spoke with them on Chat today
Hi there! Not trying to make another drawn out comparison but in summary;

Maestro SE - Deeper and stronger bass presentation, more concert like feel experience, deeper soundstage presentation
U12T - Better overall "balanced" presentation, more vocal presence, more resolution

It comes down to preference, both have great imaging, separation and about the same soundstage width (both slightly forward so not wide), forgiving treble (to my ears), but one clearly has more bass (detail and impact) and the other is better on details and vocals. Hope the above helps

My Maestro SE shipped, I should have it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hi aaf evo, glad to hear you're getting your Maestro SE soon! I see you've got a lot of amazing IEM's in your collection as well so I'm curious to know your experience as well especially when compared to the other amazing IEMs coming your way (Subtonic Storm & Prestige).

Wishing all of you here a Merry Christmas (Belated) and a Happy New Year!

Dec 28, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #70 of 633
Good day everyone! I was just doing some experiment (as I always do) just to see if I could ever come close to the Z1R's treble on the Maestro SE, and while I was unsuccessful with it, BUT I did come close to it without sounding too harsh or sibilant (to my ears) so whoever uses Peace GUI and owns the Maestro SE. I hope the settings below will give you a different experience =) All the best!

My experience: With EQ applied - added more "air", treble extension, details came through sharper, cymbals hit cut through the bass (which was my initial comment on its micro details being overpowered by the bass details), vocals brought forward a little, all while being able to maintain that addictive bass power. Curious to know your thoughts with/without these EQ settings if anyone is into EQ-ing. While these applications may seem really basic (as I'm relatively new to EQ-ing), I hope it still helps whoever is seeking more treble on these (Good thing nothing sounded distorted with these settings)

Attachments

• Maestro SE Test.JPG
    Maestro SE Test.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 28, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #72 of 633
Dec 28, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #74 of 633
Crazy amounts of power!

I can’t say I’m a fan of the stock cable at all. Changed to August Fun and that’s where the magic happened.
The stock cable is a little bit stiff and heavy. I'm using Impi @doctorjuggles cable and it's superb.

Dec 28, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #75 of 633
Crazy amounts of power!

I can’t say I’m a fan of the stock cable at all. Changed to August Fun and that’s where the magic happened.
Really interested in hearing your impressions especially compared to the other flagships in your collection. Also curious if you feel this iem can be a solid daily driver or whether the agressive bass tends to be fatiguing after awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back