FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
Dec 8, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #31 of 633
I had an extended session listening to the Maestro SE yesterday. Suffice to say I am a fan! What stands out the most is how well tuned the IEM is and how the bass is handled. I also appreciate the sub/mid bass ration - it's just right (I am sensitive to too much mid bass). Imagine an EE EVO, but better tuned. Then we're getting somewhere. It also seems to work with a whole range of music, though maybe not the best for vocals.

A very good guilty pleasure IEM, one I hope to try again soon!
The tuning is marvelous. It slams hard but with fantastic clarity. The bass control is spot on. Great staging as well. Soundstage is not the widest but it's pretty good. It works well with any genre, actually it handles my prog/rock/metal library like a champ.

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #32 of 633
The tuning is marvelous. It slams hard but with fantastic clarity. The bass control is spot on. Great staging as well. Soundstage is not the widest but it's pretty good. It works well with any genre, actually it handles my prog/rock/metal library like a champ.
Yes, very good clarity given the bass - I'm not sure you can really do better in the signature. Staging and imaging are good enough for me too. I probably would want more treble air, but that's about it (within reason of course!).

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #33 of 633
I had an extended session listening to the Maestro SE yesterday. Suffice to say I am a fan! What stands out the most is how well tuned the IEM is and how the bass is handled. I also appreciate the sub/mid bass ration - it's just right (I am sensitive to too much mid bass). Imagine an EE EVO, but better tuned. Then we're getting somewhere. It also seems to work with a whole range of music, though maybe not the best for vocals.

A very good guilty pleasure IEM, one I hope to try again soon!
Yes, very good clarity given the bass - I'm not sure you can really do better in the signature. Staging and imaging are good enough for me too. I probably would want more treble air, but that's about it (within reason of course!).

Wonderful! That EVO comparison gets me very excited to stay this guy out! Thanks for the continued feedback and updates guys!

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #34 of 633
Treble is not comparable to the Annihilator but as a pretty good extension and just the need amount of air. Again, with such a heavy but controlled bass shelf, the midrange and treble pretty good. Fantastic tuning.

Dec 8, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #35 of 633
Treble is not comparable to the Annihilator but as a pretty good extension and just the need amount of air. Again, with such a heavy but controlled bass shelf, the midrange and treble pretty good. Fantastic tuning.

Fully agree, extension is good enough, just that little bit more air - maybe I'm just used to wanting that from my IEMs after owning an X. lol.

But yes, surprisingly good mid range amd why i think this is so well tuned for the signature.

Dec 8, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #36 of 633
Fully agree, extension is good enough, just that little bit more air - maybe I'm just used to wanting that from my IEMs after owning an X. lol.

But yes, surprisingly good mid range amd why i think this is so well tuned for the signature.
X and Anni treble is hard to beat.

Dec 8, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #37 of 633
As a Maestro Mini and Bravado mkII owner, I'd like to hear that comparison... The Bravado mkII is hard to beat at half the price of the MM SE.

The mid bass is felt more on the B mkII and lends to a bassier set. The OG MM graphs very closely to the SE and they tuck in the mid bass a bit too much for a basshead god iem. I recommended to Ben that he should elevate the mid bass a touch on the MM line to be true bass kings.

But I think I may be a MM SE owner too one day.

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 6.43.42 PM.png
Mid bass is actually perfect on MM. This is coming from someone with OG Monarch. Too much mid Bass and bass guitars get over blown. I personally like cleaner sounding mids.

Dec 8, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #38 of 633
Just wondering what is the spec for Maestro SE, I know there is a 4 EST driver, but just don't know how many BA and DD it's inside.

Dec 8, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #39 of 633
Just wondering what is the spec for Maestro SE, I know there is a 4 EST driver, but just don't know how many BA and DD it's inside.
1DD/7BA/4EST

Dec 8, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #40 of 633
thanks ! damn this spec is kinda crazy 7 ba!

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #41 of 633
thanks ! damn this spec is kinda crazy 7 ba!
Good day everyone! First time member, full time reader of Head-fi! I recently received the Fatfreq Maestro SE and have done a review on it on youtube. However if there's any queries, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. I have the following IEMs in the summit and high-fi level to compare the Maestro SE with if you guys need some comparison feedback. Any feedback on the video will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

Summit-Fi IEMs ($1k and over)
Thieaudio Monarch Mk2
Sony IER-Z1R
64 Audio U12T
Fatfreq Maestro SE
Jaben Air

High-Fi IEMs ($500 - $1k)
Sennheiser IE600
Moondrop Variations
Letshuoer EJ07m Kinda Lava
Fatfreq Maestro Mini

Dec 12, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #42 of 633
Good day everyone! First time member, full time reader of Head-fi! I recently received the Fatfreq Maestro SE and have done a review on it on youtube. However if there's any queries, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. I have the following IEMs in the summit and high-fi level to compare the Maestro SE with if you guys need some comparison feedback. Any feedback on the video will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

Thieaudio Monarch Mk2
Sony IER-Z1R
64 Audio U12T
Fatfreq Maestro SE
Jaben Air

Sennheiser IE600
Moondrop Variations
Fatfreq Maestro Mini

Thanks for sharing - enjoyed the video.

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #44 of 633

Thieaudio Monarch Mk2
Sony IER-Z1R
64 Audio U12T
Fatfreq Maestro SE
Jaben Air

Sennheiser IE600
Moondrop Variations
Fatfreq Maestro Mini

Really nice review. I discovered your youtube channel today randomly and I really like your review style and your video to FR. Keep on!
btw: I couldn't find any informations to the Jaben Air. Which of these iems do you prefer for vocals? The U12T?

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #45 of 633
Really nice review. I discovered your youtube channel today randomly and I really like your review style and your video to FR. Keep on!
btw: I couldn't find any informations to the Jaben Air. Which of these iems do you prefer for vocals? The U12T?
Thank you very much for your kind feedback! Will do my best! Yeah I was quite surprised that there are little to no news about the Jaben Air, and it cost almost the same price as my other summit-fi. However, in my opinion, it doesn't hold up its ground against the rest. I'll make a separate review on that one day. As for vocals for the summit-fi IEM's that I've owned, to be very honest it's a toss up between the U12T and the Monarch Mk2, with my personal preference leaning towards the Monarch Mk2 as an overall presentation which highlights the vocal while still providing great background support. If it's solely vocals then I would lean towards the U12t over the rest of the summit-fi IEM's i have listed. Hope the above helps =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back