FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
Mar 6, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #286 of 633
I am unsure if this is a silly question, but does anyone know how to fit the triple flange filter tips that come with the set? I am well and truly lost trying to solution this myself.

Those are ear plugs, not tips :)

You’d wear them to a concert venue to block some of the noise.

Mar 6, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #288 of 633
Major qa issues on Maestro Se. First a left side, now the right side blew out.

Trying to be patient but the majority of my time spent trying to get replacement vs enjoying the music.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #289 of 633
Major qa issues on Maestro Se. First a left side, now the right side blew out.

Trying to be patient but the majority of my time spent trying to get replacement vs enjoying the music.

Hi there,

The team has already been in communication with you and are trying their best to support you.

It is industry standard for companies to ask for a return first before getting a new unit back sent your way. I checked in and they are following procedures correctly.

A replacement will be on the way once they have ruled out the possibility of user error.

Thanks for your patience.

Mar 7, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #290 of 633
Hi there,

The team has already been in communication with you and are trying their best to support you.

It is industry standard for companies to ask for a return first before getting a new unit back sent your way. I checked in and they are following procedures correctly.

A replacement will be on the way once they have ruled out the possibility of user error.

Thanks for your patience.
User error huh? I must admit your responses often favor the seller vs the hard working people paying real hard earned cash. Some of us don't get products for free.....

I already had the left ear go bad. They replaced the left ear without replacing the right ear. Right after receiving the iem back from repair, the right ear went bad. In my decades of purchasing iems I never had this issue.

Every time something goes wrong, I have to take a trip to DHL which is extremely challenging for people like me. That's why people in my position research beforehand hoping we won't have to do a return.

Also, that's at least 2 weeks it takes to send them in for repair. I've purchased this iem back in December of last year, received in January and had issues every since.

Also, I've been very patient. I didn't say anything until my messages start being ignored.

More importantly, if the qa was done correctly in the first place, or at least the first time i sent it in for repair, this wouldn't be an issue.

Mar 7, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #291 of 633
User error huh? I must admit your responses often favor the seller vs the hard working people paying real hard earned cash. Some of us don't get products for free.....

I already had the left ear go bad. They replaced the left ear without replacing the right ear. Right after receiving the iem back from repair, the right ear went bad. In my decades of purchasing iems I never had this issue.

Every time something goes wrong, I have to take a trip to DHL which is extremely challenging for people like me. That's why people in my position research beforehand hoping we won't have to do a return.

Also, that's at least 2 weeks it takes to send them in for repair. I've purchased this iem back in December of last year, received in January and had issues every since.

Also, I've been very patient. I didn't say anything until my messages start being ignored.

More importantly, if the qa was done correctly in the first place, or at least the first time i sent it in for repair, this wouldn't be an issue.
Hi there,

A couple of things to clarify per the first paragraph of your response:

- This is my job. I am their representative here as their forum manager.

- I do not do this for the gear. It is part of the work, not why I do the work.

- The user error aspect of my reply was requested by the brand, not a personal attack against you. It is something they always check for with all returns, not just yours.

Per the brand’s process:

- We understand DHL may not be ideal for everyone, but it is the most reliable international shipper out there.

- The other side was fine when checked and there was no need to replace it. This is industry standard for smaller brands like FatFreq. They matched the right side with a new one and sent it back.

Per your response:

- I understand your frustration with regards to your feeling of being ignored. I will communicate that to the team.

Thanks for understanding.

Mar 8, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #292 of 633

First thanks for sharing your experience.
Obviously both were faculty in the first place. It's a shame when a company tries to go for a quick fix and not inspect the problem to find the root issue.
Did you manage to measure them before and after? or did they comment on what went wrong in the first place?

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #293 of 633
Treble.. like the A12t treble quality slightly more. Note edges sound a bit smoother and it’s easier on the ears for me. Maestro treble is well tuned and has great extension but it’s not the best quality to me. Nothing that I’m feeling is a deal breaker, but it is noticeable on some tracks.
"but it is noticeable on some tracks"
In my experience, this only means these tracks are poorly Mastered. Treble with smoother edges of A12T etc is usually more forgiving and will not pickup this issue. My 2 cents. SE is doing what it's meant to do. Showing you how the tracks were recorded and mastered.

Mar 9, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #295 of 633
I can’t quote your post @DJ Core , but I think most of the quality issues I was having with the universal MSE was down to fit. I have no such issues with it whatsoever with the CIEM. Excellent stuff for me with a proper fit.

Did the refit make a big difference as well?

Mar 9, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #296 of 633
Did the refit make a big difference as well?

Well yeah because the first fit was unusable, they were printed too small so I couldn’t get a seal at all and was missing the low end. If I held them in my ears I could hear the difference in the highs pretty easily — but that’s not sustainable haha. They fit perfectly now and they’re my most used IEMs by a large margin. I pick them up often over XE6 and Multiverse Mentor.

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #297 of 633
Well yeah because the first fit was unusable, they were printed too small so I couldn’t get a seal at all and was missing the low end. If I held them in my ears I could hear the difference in the highs pretty easily — but that’s not sustainable haha. They fit perfectly now and they’re my most used IEMs by a large margin. I pick them up often over XE6 and Multiverse Mentor.

High praise! Thanks so much!

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #299 of 633
I’m patiently awaiting a Grand Masstro demo too. If they’re different enough from the MSE I’ll buy those as CIEM too, but from what I’ve read online they may not be. Which is good for my wallet… :)

I wish I could comment more - I haven't had enough time with a GM to talk accurately about them. After CanJam SG end of the month I will though!

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #300 of 633
Having demo-ed the Grand Maestro @ their HQ, i find that the GM loses the magic in the maestro series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back