FatFreq Maestro SE - The King of Top of the Line Bass?
Feb 6, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #241 of 635
Feb 7, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #242 of 635
A7BF2713-627A-48FA-BDF5-8264456608C4.jpeg

And here we are! My name engraved on both the Maestro SE and Mini up top was a wonderful suprise.

Feb 7, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #243 of 635
I put a few hours into the Maestro SE and am pleasantly surprised. It's truly a cinematic experience - the best way I can describe it in a sentence.

How the bass does not overpower or bleed into the rest of the signature, I do not know.

More impressions to come soon. Starting to put the Mini through it's paces as well today!

Feb 7, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #244 of 635
I put a few hours into the Maestro SE and am pleasantly surprised. It's truly a cinematic experience - the best way I can describe it in a sentence.

How the bass does not overpower or bleed into the rest of the signature, I do not know.

More impressions to come soon. Starting to put the Mini through it's paces as well today!
These are the custom MSE, right? Curious how the fit is

Feb 7, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #245 of 635
Feb 14, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #247 of 635
Hey folks,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce @CartrKellr - you may see some answers to questions from him sometimes when I can't attend to something.
He'll be supporting me for FatFreq & PluSound-related topics.

I'll let Carter do an intro for himself when he sees this!

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #248 of 635
any of you guys have any idea if you can get the Maestro SE premium cable directly with a Pentacon plug instead of the thing it has now with adapters?

IMG_2ED4BB865D71-1.jpeg

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #249 of 635
any of you guys have any idea if you can get the Maestro SE premium cable directly with a Pentacon plug instead of the thing it has now with adapters?

IMG_2ED4BB865D71-1.jpeg

I have no clue, it’s worth giving them a shout and asking. I’m thinking about replacing mine with a Cleo 2 4 or 8 wire. I actually really like the premium cable but it’s quite heavy with that hardware.

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #250 of 635
actualy I talked to them on the site, they answered instantly on the live chat, already sent them 300$ and they can do hardware matched fixed 4.4mm plug. Also I did try the EA Centurion on them, it doesn't sound good. the bass is odd with that, muddy idk. I also had a EA bespoke horus+cleopatra 8wire on them, didn't like it. usualy I don't even take the stock cable out of the box when I buy IEM's, but I just love a coloured cable. and I love thick cables so I decided to give it a try,and I love the sound over the other two. I did not try my orpheus yet and I don't know if I want to. to my ears it's perfect with the upgrade cable. can't wait to get the upgraded upgrade one :)

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #251 of 635
actualy I talked to them on the site, they answered instantly on the live chat, already sent them 300$ and they can do hardware matched fixed 4.4mm plug. Also I did try the EA Centurion on them, it doesn't sound good. the bass is odd with that, muddy idk. I also had a EA bespoke horus+cleopatra 8wire on them, didn't like it. usualy I don't even take the stock cable out of the box when I buy IEM's, but I just love a coloured cable. and I love thick cables so I decided to give it a try,and I love the sound over the other two. I did not try my orpheus yet and I don't know if I want to. to my ears it's perfect with the upgrade cable. can't wait to get the upgraded upgrade one :)

I spoke to Ben from FF yesterday, they said this cable was specifically chosen for the MSE so that could explain the excellent synergy, I also really like it myself. I just want it to be lighter! lol.

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #252 of 635
I always find that the thicker the cable is the better bass I get so now I'm willing to cary a garden hose around and not miss out on the bass. this is why my Centurion is for sale, I feel it gives more clarity at the expense of deeper bass, unlike the orpheus. can't wait to see what the Brise Yatono Ultimate 8w can do

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #253 of 635
looking for the perfect match all the time, but you know it better than me :D

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #254 of 635
I always find that the thicker the cable is the better bass I get so now I'm willing to cary a garden hose around and not miss out on the bass. this is why my Centurion is for sale, I feel it gives more clarity at the expense of deeper bass, unlike the orpheus. can't wait to see what the Brise Yatono Ultimate 8w can do

I tried the Brise YU-8 wire on the universal model, it was a really nice combination for me but I couldn't stomach the fact the cable cost more than the IEM itself.

CA1F003A-F8FF-4758-B15F-65C417A9C6E1.jpeg

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #255 of 635
I tried the Brise YU-8 wire on the universal model, it was a really nice combination for me but I couldn't stomach the fact the cable cost more than the IEM itself.

CA1F003A-F8FF-4758-B15F-65C417A9C6E1.jpeg
cables are usually part of the permanent collection, unlike IEMs that come and go. this is how I justify it to myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back