FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Aug 20, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #1,006 of 2,057
I have absolutely no idea when they're coming! :beyersmile: Ordered about a month and a half ago, so it might still be a while. OTL definitely produces tighter, more visceral bass with that texture that it's known for. Mids a tiny bit more forward, and detailed but smooth treble. I've been playing around with the Chiron and Fusion 1 also, and each gives the GMs a unique flavor. The FF gold cable is actually kind of hard to beat. Might sell whatever cables I decide against, but I figured I should try them all on the ciem, just in case there's a difference from the universal. Any thoughts on SQ differences with custom? Thanks!

Yeah, that’s how I feel about the upgrade cable too. It already sounds great so I’m not really in a rush to swap it heh.

When I demo’d the GM the unit was faulty, so I basically bought the CIEM blindly so I can’t be certain about what’s diff. The uni to CIEM MSE was great a positive upgrade though, on the universal I’d get occasional sibilance and sharpness in the highs which isn’t present in the CIEM whatsoever.

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #1,007 of 2,057
Update !

My Fatfreq Mastro Mini shipped today, delivery expected thursday (i live in France).

However, I'm a little surprised and disapointed because before confirming my order I had asked the Fatfraq customer chat if all taxes were included the price displayed, I was assured that they were... and I just received a DHL invoice of €24.50 for customs.

I paid but it would be nice to inform that all taxes are not included.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #1,009 of 2,057
Has any one compared MSE and GM? Is MSE still winiing regarding the bass depth and what are the main diference between those 2 IEM?

MSE bass is bigger and has more rumble. It’s got a slower decay and definitely leans more towards an L shaped sound. The GM has more pulled back sub bass and more treble which gives it more of a V shape sound in comparison (black module vocal switch down). The bass decay is faster and more diffused as well.

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #1,011 of 2,057
I am starting to get pretty excited for the Scarletts to arrive. 'Delivers end of August' got me checking my email for shipping notifications! Been curating a playlist of high-production bass music in anticipation :)
You blind bought one without seeing final tuning? I am excited for these but want to see a final graph to get a idea of what I would be in for.

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #1,012 of 2,057
You blind bought one without seeing final tuning? I am excited for these but want to see a final graph to get a idea of what I would be in for.
I did, I based it on peoples experience and praise of the Maestro mini and how some of them would love for it to be pushed a bit more in the direction of what the Scarlet brings. But yeah, little bit of risk but hey it's my exact type of audiophile sub-niche and i am pro-eq so there's not too much concern.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #1,013 of 2,057
I just received the Fatfreq Mini!!!

Shipped Monday and in my hands in France today. Very fast !

In the box to compensate for the delay I have the good surprise to find the improved silver blue cable in its very nice blue box, plus additional tips.

Thank you very much Fatfreq you have done great.

I'm listening to the Maestro Mini right now and trying to find the right seal, but it is already very nice !
And i’m waiting first reviews of the Scarlet mini :beerchug:

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #1,014 of 2,057
I sent an email to FatFreq via their website support page, just wondering how long is the usual wait time before they reply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back