FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Aug 13, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #991 of 2,044
From what I heard, the Scarlet mini should essentially be a more v-shape version of the Maestro mini, with more focus towards the mid-bass boost based on the feedback they've received. Plus some new driver technology that they're using compared to the Maestro Mini.
None yet so far sadly, and even HBB's unit was only a prototype, so his graph can't be finalized yet

Correct. There are no finalized versions out in the wild yet.

What's the official fat freq site?
Ffreq.com
Fatfreq.com
ffreq.com is their new updated website.

Correct.

Weird, they never put in on their old website

The Maestro was on the old website and was available for a while.

Strange, im getting taxes before purchasing. Like they do in AE and so on.

Where are you purchasing from? I will see if I can get some clarification on this.

Aug 16, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #992 of 2,044
Hi there,

I have ordered Fatfreq Mini at the end of june and i am still waiting…

No answers to my last messages.

I see i am not alone in this situation… any information on a shipping date ?

Thanks.

David

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #993 of 2,044
Aug 17, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #996 of 2,044
Aug 18, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #997 of 2,044
Hi there,

Thanks.

David

I placed an order in july and their website said 10-15 workdays to ship, which I was fine with with.

Tried contacting them when nothing shipped after those 15 days. I was completely ignored, but they didn't have any issues responding before I paid them.. Opened a paypal dispute around day 20 and now 33 workdays after I was refunded by paypal.

Fatfreq didn't respond to me and they didn't respond to paypal reaching out. 0/10 CS. I don't think it was out of malice, but not even taking the time to write an email saying X is going on, please give us some more time; sours me quite a bit on the company.

I'll get a maestro at some point, but it'll be off the used market.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #999 of 2,044
Hi there,

Thanks.

David

I see you're in touch with Yeo, our support rep - he says you're shipping this week!

Norway, and its strange because Hifigo and Linsoul dont do that.

You should be able to see the correct things reflected now, confirm with me later?

I placed an order in july and their website said 10-15 workdays to ship, which I was fine with with.

Tried contacting them when nothing shipped after those 15 days. I was completely ignored, but they didn't have any issues responding before I paid them.. Opened a paypal dispute around day 20 and now 33 workdays after I was refunded by paypal.

Fatfreq didn't respond to me and they didn't respond to paypal reaching out. 0/10 CS. I don't think it was out of malice, but not even taking the time to write an email saying X is going on, please give us some more time; sours me quite a bit on the company.

I'll get a maestro at some point, but it'll be off the used market.

Hi @bragi85,

Apologies, this happened. It was certainly not out of malice; we hope you enjoy the Maestro when you get it off the used market and do hope us you re-consider another chance in the future!

Really interested in fatfreq but will not be ordering with the current customer service issues.

We have recently hired a new addition to the team focused solely on our customer service - we are working on speeding things up and we appreciate your patience as we work through this!

Aug 19, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #1,002 of 2,044
After a message on the new website, I had a quick response from customer service. My order is followed by Yeo, the shipment is scheduled for next week.

Great to hear, thanks for confirming!

Aug 20, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #1,003 of 2,044
I'll have these babies up for sale once I get my customs in!
OTL and Grand Maestro.jpg

Aug 20, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #1,004 of 2,044
I'll have these babies up for sale once I get my customs in!
OTL and Grand Maestro.jpg

When do you expect to receive them? I’m excited for you! Currently listening to mine as I wind down for the night. 😊😍

How’s the OTL pair up? I want a new cable for them eventually but I’m not in a rush.

IMG_5903.jpeg

Aug 20, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #1,005 of 2,044
When do you expect to receive them? I’m excited for you! Currently listening to mine as I wind down for the night. 😊😍

How’s the OTL pair up? I want a new cable for them eventually but I’m not in a rush.

IMG_5903.jpeg
I have absolutely no idea when they're coming! :beyersmile: Ordered about a month and a half ago, so it might still be a while. OTL definitely produces tighter, more visceral bass with that texture that it's known for. Mids a tiny bit more forward, and detailed but smooth treble. I've been playing around with the Chiron and Fusion 1 also, and each gives the GMs a unique flavor. The FF gold cable is actually kind of hard to beat. Might sell whatever cables I decide against, but I figured I should try them all on the ciem, just in case there's a difference from the universal. Any thoughts on SQ differences with custom? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back