FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Jul 26, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #961 of 1,996
Does that mean my order will be delayed as well?

As far as I am aware, orders remain unaffected as this is a separate team - mainly communication is.

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #963 of 1,996
Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #964 of 1,996
Aug 1, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #965 of 1,996
Is anyone home at Fatfreq? I ordered the Maestro Mini from their website on July 19 and have heard nothing since. I emailed and used their website "chat" feature to inquire, and zip.

I am willing to wait for my item if there is a production issue, but I think my inquiries should be answered. Has anyone else had this experience?
Oh, I just read in an above post that the website is in transition. That must be it.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #966 of 1,996
Is anyone home at Fatfreq? I ordered the Maestro Mini from their website on July 19 and have heard nothing since. I emailed and used their website "chat" feature to inquire, and zip.

I am willing to wait for my item if there is a production issue, but I think my inquiries should be answered. Has anyone else had this experience?
Oh, I just read in an above post that the website is in transition. That must be it.

Yes, our website is still in transition. Please PM me your name you ordered and order number. I will check on your status for you.

Aug 1, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #967 of 1,996

Yeah, I ordered mine on June 28. Took a couple of tries but eventually I did get an answer. Was told it wouldn't ship for another 1-2 weeks, but that additional time frame has already past.

Aug 2, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #968 of 1,996
I ordered mine on the 25th of June, still no sign of shipping. Hopefully they did not forget my order.

Aug 2, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #969 of 1,996
The Grand Maestro has arrived and I've been listening for about a week. Amazing is all I can say right off the bat. Still need to put many hours of listening in to give my full impressions. I have this paired with the Liquid Links Venom cable.

About the only knock on this IEM is the giant nozzle. It can be very difficult to find the right eartip to avoid discomfort, but finally settled on the Moondrop Spring tips in medium size.

20230729_165505.jpg

Aug 2, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #970 of 1,996
The Grand Maestro has arrived and I've been listening for about a week. Amazing is all I can say right off the bat. Still need to put many hours of listening in to give my full impressions. I have this paired with the Liquid Links Venom cable.

About the only knock on this IEM is the giant nozzle. It can be very difficult to find the right eartip to avoid discomfort, but finally settled on the Moondrop Spring tips in medium size.

I love the Sincerely, Cherise faceplates... each one is a masterpiece :) Please post moar!

Also, how do you like the Liquid Links with it?

Aug 2, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #971 of 1,996

20230729_165505.jpg

Thanks so much - what made you decide on this faceplate over the rest?

I love the Sincerely, Cherise faceplates... each one is a masterpiece :) Please post moar!

Yes - also curious on this, been hearing a lot of good things about liquid links cables.

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #972 of 1,996

Here are some close ups of the shells.
20230803_103132.jpg

20230803_103022.jpg

Thanks so much - what made you decide on this faceplate over the rest?

Yes - also curious on this, been hearing a lot of good things about liquid links cables.
I'm a space junkie. These just hit the mark when I think about galaxies and nebulas, so this faceplate was just perfect.

I'm no expert on these things, but from what I can hear going back and forth between the stock cable and the venom cable is pretty significant. The venom cable is a lot more precise, clear and natural sounding. The bass is smooth, clean and actually more impactful. Sounds seem to muffle together with the stock cable while the venom has excellent separation of sounds. Overall, the venom cable is a far more enjoyable listening experience.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #973 of 1,996
Here are some close ups of the shells.

I'm a space junkie. These just hit the mark when I think about galaxies and nebulas, so this faceplate was just perfect.

I'm no expert on these things, but from what I can hear going back and forth between the stock cable and the venom cable is pretty significant. The venom cable is a lot more precise, clear and natural sounding. The bass is smooth, clean and actually more impactful. Sounds seem to muffle together with the stock cable while the venom has excellent separation of sounds. Overall, the venom cable is a far more enjoyable listening experience.

Awesome, I will have a look - what's the model of the Liquid Links again? Any specific configuration for the wires? 4/8w?

Aug 3, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #974 of 1,996
Awesome, I will have a look - what's the model of the Liquid Links again? Any specific configuration for the wires? 4/8w?
It's the Venom. I purchased mine from MusicTeck. It only comes in the 4.4 connector on their site, but it does come in others if you look around. I've got a link of a Head-Fi review below which has more information. It may answer your other question. Strangely the Liquid Links website doesn't actually list the venom, it's as if the site hasn't been updated in a while.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/liquid-links-venom.26115/

Aug 5, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #975 of 1,996
Yes, our website is still in transition. Please PM me your name you ordered and order number. I will check on your status for you.
I am a patient person and can wait for an ordered IEM. But once again the issue of "when will the order be filled" has disappeared into an apparent black hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back