FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Aug 26, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #1,022 of 2,059
Can we see a final graph of the Scarlett Mini FATfre Please !

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #1,023 of 2,059
Thanks for the information.

So if we want to order a Scarlet now we select "Default Black Cable" and we will automatically receive the upgraded red cable ?

After 1 weeks with my Fatfreq Mini i can say i love them, maybe more than my ex EE Legend EVO.

The form factor is excellent, smaller and more confortable than the EVO.
Great amount of bass, especially subbass, maybe a little bit less punch than the EVO but not sure i can't do A/B comparison anymore, it's only my memory !

I would also say that the mid a little recessed compared to the EVO and it could be a bit too bright in some song but it needs to be confirm with a good DAC/amp.

On the other hand, they are much more difficult to power than the EE Evo which worked very well on my iphone with Apple dongle.
Do we have the impedance and sensitivity specs? I couldn't find this information.

Sep 2, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #1,025 of 2,059
https://eliseaudio.com/products/cema-ms-upgrade-cable?variant=42248872067290 So this cable will fit or not? (im using it with MM now)

BTW when we can get freq graph for Scarlet?

If i understood correctly some time ago the price on Fat freq site in check out is the FINAL price with ALL taxes? im asking because when i was ordering MM from UK i was informed by dhl that i need to pay extra 25% at the day of delivery XDD (i think it was VAT tax) because it was outside of european union.

How long deliver to Poalnd? 7-10 work days?

I dont wanna same situation :rolling_eyes:

Edit: in email from dhl it was "

IMPORT DUTY/TAX PAYMENT CONFIRMATION"​

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #1,027 of 2,059
I just wanted to share my negative experience with their team. I ordered and paid for MSE on their official website today. There was no indication that they were out of stock. Then I contacted them, explaining that I needed the MSE within two weeks because I was leaving my current country on September 16th. They responded saying they didn't have it and that the production of MSE could only be finalized after one month. I requested a refund, while I can't wait so long, but they told me that they would deduct a 5% transaction fee (approximately 100 Euros) and that the refund would take at least 10 days. I believe it's unfair to be charged for their mistake of not informing us beforehand that they were out of stock. It's very unprofessional.

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #1,028 of 2,059
I just wanted to share my negative experience with their team. I ordered and paid for MSE on their official website today. There was no indication that they were out of stock. Then I contacted them, explaining that I needed the MSE within two weeks because I was leaving my current country on September 16th. They responded saying they didn't have it and that the production of MSE could only be finalized after one month. I requested a refund, while I can't wait so long, but they told me that they would deduct a 5% transaction fee (approximately 100 Euros) and that the refund would take at least 10 days. I believe it's unfair to be charged for their mistake of not informing us beforehand that they were out of stock. It's very unprofessional.
I had a similar experience with them, and a lot of audio companies need do business based on reality and circumstance, not on literally what’s written on a piece of paper for their guidelines in the fine print be more open to a customer reaching out. Thanks for sharing this

Sep 4, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #1,029 of 2,059

I agree it is very unfair... hope you can find an arrangement with the Fatfreq community manager here.

Sep 4, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #1,030 of 2,059
I agree it is very unfair... hope you can find an arrangement with the Fatfreq community manager here.
I've just received a message from Ben stating that they will issue a refund without any fee deduction. It's great to see that they have resolved this issue. Hopefully, in the future they will provide clearer information on their website regarding stock availability.

Sep 4, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #1,031 of 2,059
Hi all,

I hope you've all enjoyed the time with your FatFreq IEMs so far and here on the thread in general.

To make you aware, I've recently had the passing of a close friend/mentor in my life so I will be harder to reach than usual for the next week or so while I take the time I need.

I hope to see you at CanJam SoCal soon if you're going.

Sep 8, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #1,032 of 2,059
I've just received MSEs, and I must say, I am fairly... unimpressed. They sound uncomfortable, especially when compared to my Monarch MKII. The bass is boomy and headache-inducing, far from the visceral subwoofer experience they were advertised to deliver. The soundstage feels closed, the mids are thin, and the highs are piercing. While Monarch MKII lack bass, their outstanding mids and smooth highs make up for it.

I'd like to add that this is my experience listening through the Qudelix 5K DAC, which is not as powerful as high-res DAPs. MSEs seem to be power-hungry. Is it possible they could perform much better with a proper DAP? If yes, which one would you recommend to pair with Maestros?

Sep 8, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #1,033 of 2,059
I've just received MSEs, and I must say, I am fairly... unimpressed. They sound uncomfortable, especially when compared to my Monarch MKII. The bass is boomy and headache-inducing, far from the visceral subwoofer experience they were advertised to deliver. The soundstage feels closed, the mids are thin, and the highs are piercing. While Monarch MKII lack bass, their outstanding mids and smooth highs make up for it.

I'd like to add that this is my experience listening through the Qudelix 5K DAC, which is not as powerful as high-res DAPs. MSEs seem to be power-hungry. Is it possible they could perform much better with a proper DAP? If yes, which one would you recommend to pair with Maestros?
A few things:

1. Your source isn't powerful enough. MSE will sound shrill and boomy without enough power. Upgrade to an external amp or a more powerful DAP. It's seriously power hungry, and dongles just won't cut it.

2. Deep fit. Make sure you fit your MSE as deep as humanly possible. It's an IEM initially conceived as a custom, so you need a deep fit on the treble will pierce you.

3. Burn in. Give it 100 hours.

4. Tip roll. MSE is very sensitive to tip changes. And remember...deep fit.

Sep 8, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #1,034 of 2,059
A few things:

1. Your source isn't powerful enough. MSE will sound shrill and boomy without enough power. Upgrade to an external amp or a more powerful DAP. It's seriously power hungry, and dongles just won't cut it.

2. Deep fit. Make sure you fit your MSE as deep as humanly possible. It's an IEM initially conceived as a custom, so you need a deep fit on the treble will pierce you.

3. Burn in. Give it 100 hours.

4. Tip roll. MSE is very sensitive to tip changes. And remember...deep fit.
Deep fit and tip roll didn't help. I'll give it time for a "mental" burn-in, because these are pre-owned. Unfortunately, I'm not so familiar with DAPs. What would you recommend as a versatile mobile DAP under 1000$ with good resolution and dynamics?

Sep 8, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #1,035 of 2,059
Deep fit and tip roll didn't help. I'll give it time for a "mental" burn-in, because these are pre-owned. Unfortunately, I'm not so familiar with DAPs. What would you recommend as a versatile mobile DAP under 1000$ with good resolution and dynamics?
I love my HiBy R6 Pro II. Highly recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back