FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Jan 25, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #346 of 2,012
I have type E as well but haven't tried them yet. The thing is a lot of narrow bore tips negatively changes the sound. Only a few tips made of better materials keep the sound as it should be.

Funny thing is I put the AET07 and AET08 on OG Monarch and did the same thing to MM to compare bass quantity and quality and not sure if it's more hours I've put on MM, but MM now has more bass as it should, but the bass quality is also there now vs OG Monarch.

MM also sounds more holographic. Can't believe my ears but I'm using Mini more now.

Makes me want to eventually get SE
So i should get Acoustune AET07 ASAP u say? :D

Jan 25, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #349 of 2,012
I have type E as well but haven't tried them yet. The thing is a lot of narrow bore tips negatively changes the sound. Only a few tips made of better materials keep the sound as it should be.

Funny thing is I put the AET07 and AET08 on OG Monarch and did the same thing to MM to compare bass quantity and quality and not sure if it's more hours I've put on MM, but MM now has more bass as it should, but the bass quality is also there now vs OG Monarch.

MM also sounds more holographic. Can't believe my ears but I'm using Mini more now.

Makes me want to eventually get SE

Thanks for the suggestions; Final Type E is one of my favorite tips. And luckily have a bunch of them from all the Campfire stuff I have owned.

Still no news about these ?
When should they announced them and sell them ?
Maybe for less than 450€, it can be interesting to give a try to the Maestro Mini 2.

1674663963507.png
They will be released in April around Canjam Singapore.

@Bret Halford is correct. They will be released around Singapore. No confirmation on price or official dates yet.

No idea, still havent received mine unfortunately. Ordered on the 13th.
I ordered on the 11th (January ) and as yet nothing from them regarding shipping

I know they have been on the Lunar New Year break for a week off. And have been back at it since yesterday. They are catching up!

Hopefully, you guys will get updates soon.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #350 of 2,012
@DJ Core, really appreciate the rec on the AET07, they are my new favorite tips on the MSE. I'm not sure I hear such a dramatic shift in sound, but I do find that I can get a good seal with them much quicker than other tips, which can tend to need a bit of literal warm up time.

This past week I've been enjoying using my Maestros for watching movies. Normally I wouldn't think to use IEMs for them, but a lot of film has a good amount of sub bass content that these obviously shine with. There are a lot of subtle lower bass stuff happening in good mixes. Also, things go boom REAL good :) Highly recommend trying them out for it if you folks haven't already.

Jan 30, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #351 of 2,012
@DJ Core, really appreciate the rec on the AET07, they are my new favorite tips on the MSE. I'm not sure I hear such a dramatic shift in sound, but I do find that I can get a good seal with them much quicker than other tips, which can tend to need a bit of literal warm up time.

This past week I've been enjoying using my Maestros for watching movies. Normally I wouldn't think to use IEMs for them, but a lot of film has a good amount of sub bass content that these obviously shine with. There are a lot of subtle lower bass stuff happening in good mixes. Also, things go boom REAL good :) Highly recommend trying them out for it if you folks haven't already.
Ah...now you have me thinking. I usually use my Ginal Audio vr3000 for watching videos, due to the great out of your head presentation, but perhaps I'll try the maestro mini with some action movie soon. Never thought about using the mini cuz of the vr3000.

Jan 30, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #352 of 2,012

Love sharing what I enjoy myself. Also, try the AET08 for even more bass texture...but treble can be elevated on some songs.

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #353 of 2,012
How long has it been since you ordered it until it was shipped?

I see you live in the Netherlands. Do you know if you will have to pay customs? It is something that I would like to be clear about how it goes, also living in the EU.
Received mine today. Had to pay 2 euro taxes, weird amount but thats all good. First impressions: lousy, cheap cable, replaced it immediately with the one that came with my Thieaudio Oracle MKII. Had some issues getting right fit with the tips that came with it. Still waiting for the AET07 and AET08 I ordered based on suggestions from someone here. But even with the standard tips that came with it. the bass has a noticeably harder punch compared to Thieaudio Oracle MKII, though the latter has a bit more detail and balanced sound profile. Haven't given the MM enough playing hours yet, so this is just my initial impression after approx 1 hour of listening and A-B testing. Definitely a fun IEM, very suitable for RAP/Hiphop/EDM.

Jan 31, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #354 of 2,012
I have 2 questions. 1. I've heard these are hard to drive using a DAP. Is this correct? I have the Sony 1AM2 and the Hiby RS6. 2. How would these work with metal music? Do they have enough sparkle and treble crispness?

Jan 31, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #355 of 2,012
I am very interested too in how the MM works with metal music (and rock, Progressive)...

Jan 31, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #356 of 2,012
I have 2 questions. 1. I've heard these are hard to drive using a DAP. Is this correct? I have the Sony 1AM2 and the Hiby RS6. 2. How would these work with metal music? Do they have enough sparkle and treble crispness?
Yes, they're fairly hard to drive so on DX240 I use High Gain for best results but at a lower volume of 30 out of 100. W1AM2 should drive them fine on high gain balanced only.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #357 of 2,012
Yes, they're fairly hard to drive so on DX240 I keep use them via High Gain for best results but at a lower volume of 30 out of 100. W1AM2 should drive them fine on high gain balanced only.
Ok I figured as much. I always feel running any DAP at high gain causes overblown distortion, but I haven't ever needed it.

Jan 31, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #358 of 2,012

Thanks for the recommendation on the tips. I'll be sure to put those on the list to try out.

Yes, they're fairly hard to drive so on DX240 I keep use them via High Gain for best results but at a lower volume of 30 out of 100. W1AM2 should drive them fine on high gain balanced only.
Ok I figured as much. I always feel running any DAP at high gain causes overblown distortion, but I haven't ever needed it.

High gain and lower volume are the way to go for these guys. These scale very well with more powerful sources.

I am very interested too in how the MM works with metal music (and rock, Progressive)...

Don't have mine in house yet to provide direct feedback, but hopefully someone can help you here!

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #360 of 2,012
Also, great news folks!

The FatFreq team has been busy catching up on all your orders since returning from CNY!

All orders up until mid-January are being wrapped up and should be shipped out by the end of this week.

They'll get to work on the orders placed in the past two weeks after that.

Thanks for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back