FatFreq Grand Maestro
Nov 24, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #106 of 257
Don't FF let you convert uni to custom? (You probably don't wanna trade that in for the waiting game...)
I honestly probably should reach out. I freaking love the GM but the fit is just a bear.

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #107 of 257
I honestly probably should reach out. I freaking love the GM but the fit is just a bear.
The Uni actually fits me perfectly. I just decided to go for CIEM because I think that would provide better sound improvements (and tame the treble slightly with a deeper fit)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #108 of 257
I'm prepping myself for a 4-5 month wait!
My GM CIEM are finally in transit to me. Close to 6 months.
Part of the delay was the refinements they made to the universal, my customs will be fully up to date, so I’m glad they delayed the build.
Hopefully you won’t have to wait long.

Nov 25, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #109 of 257
Just want to put this out there. I ordered a pair to take with me on a long business venture I have coming up. Got them quickly and right in time for the trip from Musicteck.com. They do truly sound amazing and I was so excited to add these to my collection. Sadly upon arrival my Right iem had an improperly milled/sculpted noah module hole. This caused the noah module to be almost impossible to remove or reseat. I immediately reached out to musicteck only moments after receiving my package. They let me know their were sadly no more in stock and no word when he would be receiving more from fatfreq. The kicker was he then let me know he had 2 of his 3 just sent out now coming back with QC issues.

Its a really lovely sound signature but 2 out of 3 at a huge premium price tag is simply unacceptable. I didn't receive a response from fat freq directly even though they were a part of my email thread with musicteck. Luckily I got a lovely recommendation to try the A&K + Vision Ears Aura. Musicteck was able to get my refund going for the maestros and now I will be lovingly traveling with the auras for the foreseeable future. Really wish I could trust fatfreq in the future as the sound was so incredible and the price is I think fair. However this is quite literally the only end game brand I have bought from that I have received a poor qced product from and I have bought from almost all of them.

Thank you Musicteck for standing by the your sales and getting me an overnighted Aura just in time for my flight out.

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #110 of 257
Just want to put this out there. I ordered a pair to take with me on a long business venture I have coming up. Got them quickly and right in time for the trip from Musicteck.com. They do truly sound amazing and I was so excited to add these to my collection. Sadly upon arrival my Right iem had an improperly milled/sculpted noah module hole. This caused the noah module to be almost impossible to remove or reseat. I immediately reached out to musicteck only moments after receiving my package. They let me know their were sadly no more in stock and no word when he would be receiving more from fatfreq. The kicker was he then let me know he had 2 of his 3 just sent out now coming back with QC issues.

Its a really lovely sound signature but 2 out of 3 at a huge premium price tag is simply unacceptable. I didn't receive a response from fat freq directly even though they were a part of my email thread with musicteck. Luckily I got a lovely recommendation to try the A&K + Vision Ears Aura. Musicteck was able to get my refund going for the maestros and now I will be lovingly traveling with the auras for the foreseeable future. Really wish I could trust fatfreq in the future as the sound was so incredible and the price is I think fair. However this is quite literally the only end game brand I have bought from that I have received a poor qced product from and I have bought from almost all of them.

Thank you Musicteck for standing by the your sales and getting me an overnighted Aura just in time for my flight out.
Andrew at Musicteck is great. He's built a solid reputation for standing behind his customers and helped me out as well in the past.

Now that FF seems to be going through a series of problematic QC and customer service issues, it's probably a better idea for most to order through Musicteck versus directly from FF.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #111 of 257

Andrew at Musicteck is great. He's built a solid reputation for standing behind his customers and helped me out as well in the past.

Now that FF seems to be going through a series of problematic QC and customer service issues, it's probably a better idea for most to order through Musicteck versus directly from FF.

These QC issues are truly worrying. Hope @Sebastien Chiu can chime in.

After placing my order, I had sent them a document containing all my order requests (including artwork customizations, etc). I also noted to them that I understand they might try to rush work due to their backlog, but I stressed to them that I don't want my CIEM rushed and wouldn't mind it being delayed so long as they don't compromise on QC. They have gotten back to me noting my requests, but I truly do hope they get their QC issues sorted.

Nov 25, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #112 of 257

Sorry to hear that your experience with Fatfreq was quite unpleasant, maybe you can try reaching out to Fatfreq directly through their website instead of email if you want a direct reply from them. They responded to my queries within 1-2 hours through their website compared to email which usually takes them a few days.

Nov 25, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #113 of 257

It’s a really lovely sound signature but 2 out of 3 at a huge premium price tag is simply unacceptable. I didn't receive a response from fat freq directly even though they were a part of my email thread with musicteck. Luckily I got a lovely recommendation to try the A&K + Vision Ears Aura. Musicteck was able to get my refund going for the maestros and now I will be lovingly traveling with the auras for the foreseeable future. Really wish I could trust fatfreq in the en future as the sound was so incredible and the price is I think fair. However this is quite literally the only end game brand I have bought from that I have received a poor qced product from and I have bought from almost all of them.

Don’t like to hear of this kind of experience, but thanks for sharing, it’s good to be aware.
Was your set one of the OG units (plastic tuning modules) or the revamped model with metal modules?

Nov 25, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #114 of 257
Sorry to hear about these issues. Is this just bad luck maybe? I hope FF wasn’t overrun by their own success and tried to produce larger quantities at the cost of QA…

My pair of GMs has been with me now for half a year without any problems.

Nov 25, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #115 of 257
Sorry to hear that your experience with Fatfreq was quite unpleasant, maybe you can try reaching out to Fatfreq directly through their website instead of email if you want a direct reply from them. They responded to my queries within 1-2 hours through their website compared to email which usually takes them a few days.
Thats a great tip for future buyers. I sadly was on a very tight schedule due to work and musicteck put us in a group email so I could be responded to quickly. However I sadly never heard directly from fat freq. It was a beautiful sounding iem and I wish them the best but I just wanted to note the lack of qc that seems to be a bit of a problem right now. It also wasn’t the best customer care from fat freq but again can‘t say enough praises to musicteck on their customer care.

Don’t like to hear of this kind of experience, but thanks for sharing, it’s good to be aware.
Was your set one of the OG units (plastic tuning modules) or the revamped model with metal modules?
It was the brand new reworked set. Shorter vocal tuning posts and metal Noah modules. Arrived in a beautiful wooden box. By far one of the best presentations I’ve ever seen. How that right iem unit serial number A0803 left the production line is beyond me but I’m happy to make buyers aware. As with the qc issue I was almost on several over 10 hour international flights without an iem to help me find a little piece of audiophile paradise to escape into.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #116 of 257
Hi guys after a while not active i want to report. After tip rolling ,a lot of them what i mean by a lot is most of the recommended eartips i can find in the internet for hours, i find that Dunu S&S give the best performance in all area it is super balanced with big and deep soundstage.
Anyway until this December owning GM i didnt regret it one bit and i have tried a lot others like Volur, Storm, Rn6, etc i still prefer GM over all of them even my friend consider to get one after comparing all the TOTL iem in the market. This IEM is so complete you can change the module and switch for different genre and everything sound so resolving. Damn...

Dec 4, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #117 of 257
My GM CIEM arrived today.
Ordered June 4 2023, arrived Dec 4 2023.
6 months to the day.

I know they were held up longer than normal due to the changes being implemented on the universal version.

I checked them over thoroughly, no indication of any QC issues. Module ports are perfect.
Hopefully this is indicative of FF getting past the growing pains and back on track.

The fit is perfect, the sound… Incredible.
👍🏽👍🏽
These replace my uni’s.

Worth the wait.

IMG_1843.jpeg
IMG_1842.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #118 of 257
6 months to the day.

I know they were held up longer than normal due to the changes being implemented on the universal version.

I checked them over thoroughly, no indication of any QC issues. Module ports are perfect.
Hopefully this is indicative of FF getting past the growing pains and back on track.

👍🏽👍🏽
These replace my uni’s.

Worth the wait.

IMG_1843.jpegIMG_1842.jpeg
Wow for some reason they look absolutely stunning in the default faceplate (lots of shiny gold!). I don't recall the older uni version's faceplate to look like this. Now I'm second-guessing my custom GM faceplate choice.

Dec 6, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #119 of 257
BTR7 can also be cable connected, sounds good hard wired, if you like a warmer sound signature.
I got the BTR7 recently and am very happy with it in the end, really an insane pairing. I don’t find it too big to keep with my iPhone in my pocket on usb-c pairing either, and with my watch I can switch music without taking my phone out, so the setup works well all in all.

The BTR7 is an excellent choice for all of FatFreq's stuff. I use one along with a Go Blu and Go Pod as main on the go choice.

I use an RS6 when I want to have a true DAP.

The dreaded waiting game begins...

Screenshot_20231124-171218~2.jpg

Thanks for your purchase!

Great IEM, hope your wait is not too long.
But well worth it. IMO.

Indeed indeed!

Thanks!

The Uni actually fits me perfectly. I just decided to go for CIEM because I think that would provide better sound improvements (and tame the treble slightly with a deeper fit)

Hurray for those of us with large ears that can make stuff like this work!

Just want to put this out there. I ordered a pair to take with me on a long business venture I have coming up. Got them quickly and right in time for the trip from Musicteck.com. They do truly sound amazing and I was so excited to add these to my collection. Sadly upon arrival my Right iem had an improperly milled/sculpted noah module hole. This caused the noah module to be almost impossible to remove or reseat. I immediately reached out to musicteck only moments after receiving my package. They let me know there were sadly no more in stock and no word when he would be receiving more from fatfreq. The kicker was he then let me know he had 2 of his 3 just sent out now coming back with QC issues.

Yes, we're quite aware of the QC issues and I'm doing my best to communicate our community feedback to them - glad to know Andrew did a great job taking care of you and got something in time. Hope you are enjoying the Aura!

Yes, he has!

These QC issues are truly worrying. Hope @Sebastien Chiu can chime in.

After placing my order, I had sent them a document containing all my order requests (including artwork customizations, etc). I also noted to them that I understand they might try to rush work due to their backlog, but I stressed to them that I don't want my CIEM rushed and wouldn't mind it being delayed so long as they don't compromise on QC. They have gotten back to me noting my requests, but I truly do hope they get their QC issues sorted.
Sorry to hear about these issues. Is this just bad luck maybe? I hope FF wasn’t overrun by their own success and tried to produce larger quantities at the cost of QA…

My pair of GMs has been with me now for half a year without any problems.

Thanks, guys. We appreciate the support and understanding.

Now that I'm back and interacting more directly with you all, hopefully we can continue the improvement from here on out!

Thats a great tip for future buyers. I sadly was on a very tight schedule due to work and musicteck put us in a group email so I could be responded to quickly. However I sadly never heard directly from fat freq. It was a beautiful sounding iem and I wish them the best but I just wanted to note the lack of qc that seems to be a bit of a problem right now. It also wasn’t the best customer care from fat freq but again can‘t say enough praises to musicteck on their customer care.

It was the brand new reworked set. Shorter vocal tuning posts and metal Noah modules. Arrived in a beautiful wooden box. By far one of the best presentations I’ve ever seen. How that right iem unit serial number A0803 left the production line is beyond me but I’m happy to make buyers aware. As with the qc issue I was almost on several over 10 hour international flights without an iem to help me find a little piece of audiophile paradise to escape into.

Thanks for doing so and we appreciate the communication!

Hi guys after a while not active i want to report. After tip rolling ,a lot of them what i mean by a lot is most of the recommended eartips i can find in the internet for hours, i find that Dunu S&S give the best performance in all area it is super balanced with big and deep soundstage.
Anyway until this December owning GM i didnt regret it one bit and i have tried a lot others like Volur, Storm, Rn6, etc i still prefer GM over all of them even my friend consider to get one after comparing all the TOTL iem in the market. This IEM is so complete you can change the module and switch for different genre and everything sound so resolving. Damn...

Appreciate the love. Thanks for the tip recommendation!

6 months to the day.

👍🏽👍🏽
These replace my uni’s.

Worth the wait.

IMG_1843.jpegIMG_1842.jpeg

Thanks, mate! Glad you love yours - we appreciate the support!

Wow for some reason they look absolutely stunning in the default faceplate (lots of shiny gold!). I don't recall the older uni version's faceplate to look like this. Now I'm second-guessing my custom GM faceplate choice.

The older universal's faceplate was more muted and relaxed. This version has more present gold mixed in - a little more sparkly all around!

Dec 6, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #120 of 257
The older universal's faceplate was more muted and relaxed. This version has more present gold mixed in - a little more sparkly all around!
Is there any other pics of the new version of the uni faceplate? Weird that FF improved on it but there's literally no way we would've known unless someone post pics of the new version or if we visit FF HQ in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back