Fatal1ty Professional Series Gaming Headset Mk II
Jun 3, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #16 of 35
the earpads look the same as an aurvana (a good thing) it would be a miracle if the drivers were the same

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #17 of 35
Currently using BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm with gaming, mainly just CS:S. They don't sound amazing for gaming, but they sound great for music. Well some music lol, not all. Saving up to get an amp for it, got about $150 so far. Still looking around. Might for a DAC/AMP combo like the Compass, so I can get rid of my old Audigy 2 ZS.

My Logitech USB desktop mic just came in today and it sounds great. Much better than my built in mic on the Steelseries 5H V2. Newegg.com - Logitech 980186-0403 Silver USB Connector USB Desktop Microphone It's fairly loud and clear. Decent noise canceling, but not great. Or maybe it's just my environment (120mm cpu fan, 32mm heatpipe fan, 3x 80mm case fans). Yea it's kinda loud when I'm not wearing my headphones lol.

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by krazyxazn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently using BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm with gaming, mainly just CS:S. They don't sound amazing for gaming, but they sound great for music. Well some music lol, not all. Saving up to get an amp for it, got about $150 so far. Still looking around. Might for a DAC/AMP combo like the Compass, so I can get rid of my old Audigy 2 ZS.

My Logitech USB desktop mic just came in today and it sounds great. Much better than my built in mic on the Steelseries 5H V2. Newegg.com - Logitech 980186-0403 Silver USB Connector USB Desktop Microphone It's fairly loud and clear. Decent noise canceling, but not great. Or maybe it's just my environment (120mm cpu fan, 32mm heatpipe fan, 3x 80mm case fans). Yea it's kinda loud when I'm not wearing my headphones lol.

If you want accuracy in explosions, and gun fire. The DT48 will do wonders for you.

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #20 of 35
They go for pretty cheap used.

For example, I'm found a pair for $86.

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he wants the mic to go with it though

Yeah I want something with a mic and i won't want to buy a $10 clip on one simply because it sound really awful. How much is the Audio Technica AD700 ones anyway?

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by salsala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i won't want to buy a $10 clip on one simply because it sound really awful. How much is the Audio Technica AD700 ones anyway?

Don't bash something if you haven't tried it. I, for one, find the zalman mic stellar. If you were willing to do a spot of internet research instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you, you would know that the zalman mic does not sound awful and may be better than the stuff attached to that hideous fata1ity thing. And also that the AD700s are about ~$100 .

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't bash something if you haven't tried it. I, for one, find the zalman mic stellar. If you were willing to do a spot of internet research instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you, you would know that the zalman mic does not sound awful and may be better than the stuff attached to that hideous fata1ity thing. And also that the AD700s are about ~$100 .

haha, there's even a combo deal for the AD700 + Zalman clip-on for $104 below it.

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #24 of 35
Another vote for the AD700 + Zalamn combo. I use HD600 + Zalman now, used to a use my AD700s with it before I upgraded. Works fine, although I did have a problem with the default HD600 cable being too thin to fit the mike on (it's not actually a clip, you kinda slide it onto the cable), but since I got the HD650 cable I've had no such problem. The AD700 cable is thick enough on the other hand so it won't be an issue.

Think on the plus-side, if you want to purely listen to music with it you will

a - have a better quality pair of headphones
b - won't have an annoying mike attachment bothering you

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, there's even a combo deal for the AD700 + Zalman clip-on for $104 below it.

Good catch and a sweet deal. Beats the place I got my mic at if you want the AD700s as well.

Zalman Mic at BestByte.net

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #26 of 35
I'm going to go against the wave and recommend the A700, closed back version of the AT's. Granted, I've only owned the AD900, but I found it quite underwhelming for FPS games where I wanted to have a visceral impact for bass, as compared to something like the DT770's. The AD's were great for MMORPG's and some non-FPS games. The AD's might have better positioning, however, so that's something to take into account.

And yeah, the Zalman mic works real well. I use the HP+Zalman combo and it works quite well.

Jun 4, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #28 of 35
I wouldn't bash clip-on and desktop mics. They work pretty darn well. Like I said my $20 Logitech USB Desktop Mic sounds much better than my $100-range Steelseries 5H V2, which got a fairly high rating for gaming. Also was easy to break and did break :p.

Nov 29, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #29 of 35
20 dollars after 30 dollar rebate at frys today
wink.gif

still open..some still have stock

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #30 of 35
Currently using a set of JVC HA-DX1 phones with a Rocketfish USB desktop mic. I gave up on the Medusas I'd been using because the boom mic was always in the way of my coffee drinking. I do miss the subwoofer though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back