Fatal flaw with Audeze EL-8 ???
Sep 7, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #32 of 137
  Yeah, okay, but what about those who already have them? Do we get to buy the case for $300? :p

Not a big deal. I made a better case for $45.

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #33 of 137

Not a big deal. I made a better case for $45.

Yup, that case will probably fit in my laptop shoulder bag.. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #34 of 137
Here's the Ape case I customized.  A little shallower than the Pelican cases - still not the right fit for a backpack, but perfect for travel with all the other parts of a portable system:

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #35 of 137
  Yeah, okay, but what about those who already have them? Do we get to buy the case for $300? :p

Haha I think people on headfi cry more than my children! 
blink.gif

If you take a look at the Audeze site, you can order the rugged travel case for $120 or the luxury wood case for $80. I have a feeling the case for the el-8 will be less than both. Think about it this way. You got an AMAZING set of headphones that blow away everything in it's range! You were among the first batch of people to have the luxury to try out this new technology and there might have been a little bump on the road like a silly case not being provided to your standards. This stuff happens all the time. Much like buying a brand new car when it's the first year of it's release or updating to the latest operating system just released. Over time the manufacturer tunes and refines it even further. This is true for almost everything.

I'll continue enjoying my el-8s for now 
dt880smile.png

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #39 of 137
Mine were fine for 2 months before they broke:

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #41 of 137
double

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #42 of 137

What exactly broke? How is Audeze handling it?

I was told there was an air pressure issue during shipping that caused ear cups to fail over time. I was also told there will be an official recall by Audeze in the coming weeks and everyone will be able to replace their headphones as soon as the new batch comes in.

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #43 of 137

I was told there was an air pressure issue during shipping that caused ear cups to fail over time. I was also told there will be an official recall by Audeze in the coming weeks and everyone will be able to replace their headphones as soon as the new batch comes in.

Good to hear they decided to have a recall but its a little too late for me. Thats the same reason they gave me for my problems. Audeze mentioned back in March that the issue was due to a soldering fault.

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #44 of 137
It's a little too late for me too because I shipped mine back for a replacement and Royal Mail lost them. The receipt and tracking number got lost while cleaning up so the only way I can get them back is by buying a new pair-and I'm not so sure I want to.

Audeze quality isn't exactly blowing me away now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back