Fast Food favs
Sep 17, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #76 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjacksears
Yeah but it hits the spot once in a while
tongue.gif

No fast food in 10 years??? what the hell do you eat on road trips?

Apples, plums, carrots, celery and almond butter, homemade sandwiches, etc. and lots of purified water.

There's a good reason for the low cost of fast food. MSG and trans fat are not your friends.
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #77 of 91
Quote:

Apples, plums, carrots, celery and almond butter, homemade sandwiches, etc. and lots of purified water.

C'mon, no hitchhikers?

No guys talking about 7 second abs.
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #78 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
btw wonna hear something funny? i have never been to Taco Bell in my life! and there is one just 10min away from me......
eek.gif

I don't know how you live.

Oh, I have a good taco bell story.

I was at this church function and basically I was there the whole time doing tech junk. Anyway, I got out and arrived at Taco Bell at 1:30AM on thursday morning and there were 5 cars in front of me and then 2 came behind me. I was like What?! They seriously had a good idea keeping that joint open longer haha.

Sep 18, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #79 of 91
Quote:

I was at this church function and basically I was there the whole time doing tech junk. Anyway, I got out and arrived at Taco Bell at 1:30AM on thursday morning and there were 5 cars in front of me and then 2 came behind me. I was like What?! They seriously had a good idea keeping that joint open longer haha.

All potheads and church function goers.

Sep 18, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #81 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR

There's a good reason for the low cost of fast food. MSG and trans fat are not your friends.
wink.gif

I know too many old timers that are in their 90's and grew up on meat and potatoes to buy in to that. The key is balance... fast food here and there is no biggie. Just like anything for the body... moderation = good; excess = bad
icon10.gif

Sep 18, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #82 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
Because of this thread, I just tried chick-fil-a today. I tried Grilled chicken burger combo. IMHO it doesn't impress me. I've tried better chicken burger, they are Nando's and Oporto's. I tried them in Australia though, I don't see them having any franchise here in USA.
Another vote for Arby's and quiznoz

You didn't get the right sandwich that we were raving about...lol. You gotta try the regular chicken sandwich -- the "classic!"

Sep 18, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #84 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
Ok so this will be the one I should choose?

menu_chicken_sandwich.jpg

yep that is the one!

Sep 19, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #86 of 91
Cincinnati style chili! Like Skyline and Gold Star. It isn't at all like Tex-Mex or Wendy's. It was condured up by the Greek restraunt owners in the eairly days of Cincinnati. It is a sweet and spicy chili. Of course don't forget the dog w/a dash of mustard and a huge pile of mild cheeder cheese on top.
icon10.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #88 of 91
Anyone tried Peruvian Style rotisserie chicken with hot sauce? Man the skin tastes soo good.

Jul 20, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #89 of 91
In my opinion, the best fast food is found in the category of street food. Meaning food from the street/ sidewalk food venders.

Some examples:

Street food in Asia like the Takoyaki in Osaka, Japan or the Chicken Karage also in Japan.

The street crepes in Paris

The lunch trucks in the big cities in America

The street tacos in Mexico.

One of the reasons why many of these street food items are good is because higher quality ingredients tend to be used. A lot of good street food does not taste like compromised dishes with low quality ingredients to save money. Of course, there’s bad street food too but depending on the location high quality ones can be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back