Fast Food favs
Sep 15, 2005 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

iamjacksears

Head-Fier
Random post but after lunch today I have to say In-n-out is probably the best fast food place out there. Everyone speaks clear English and they are all clean cut. It's like the Disneyland of fast food! I have to admit Sonic is a close runner up because their stuff is soooo damn good.

What's you favorite?

Sep 15, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 91
That's right. Make everyone on the right coast jealous of our precious!
tongue.gif

Does anyone else love the soymeat tacos at Jack in the Box as much as I do? I think most people don't know it isn't real meat. It tastes great nonetheless.

Sep 15, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
tongue.gif

Does anyone else love the soymeat tacos at Jack in the Box as much as I do? I think most people don't know it isn't real meat. It tastes great nonetheless.

Ha! I don't know what the hell is in those Tacos but it is damn good! Drunk food at its best!

I'll cast a vote for In-n-out... they freakin rock!

Sep 15, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 91
Quote:

tongue.gif

That's right. No In-N-Out for you! I can't believe they use hand power to make their fries too, which btw used to taste like total cardboard...but have been much improved after they added more oil to the process.

You're kidding me right? 2x $.99 tacos are made with soymeat?!
eek.gif

Well, at least it's not mushed up cardboard...or cow brains or something.
I will always order 2-4 to go with my burger regardless
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
You're kidding me right? 2x $.99 tacos are made with soymeat?!
eek.gif

I'm actually not kidding. I found out through a friend who is on a diet program through Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig or something. She has a points book that gives you a daily allowance per day and assigns points to popular foods, including some fast foods. According to the book, the tacos at Jacks are made of soymeat so they don't count as that many points compared to other fast food items. I mean, I wouldn't say they are exactly "healthy" because they are still fried, but it's not as fattening as real meat I guess.

Next time take a good look at the meat and the texture. It just doesn't look or feel like ground beef, or quite taste like it either. But it's damn good if you ask me.

Sep 15, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 91
Quote:

tongue.gif

Chik-Fil-A. Sorry, you west coasters are missing out on the best chicken sandwiches. Oh, you Northerners too :p Southern pride! haha!

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #8 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Chik-Fil-A. Sorry, you west coasters are missing out on the best chicken sandwiches. Oh, you Northerners too :p Southern pride! haha!

Carls Jr. has awesome chicken sandwhiches... We also have Rubios Fish Tacos... one of the only fast food joints you can have a beer with your meal (drive thru excluded of course)...
eek.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjacksears
Carls Jr. has awesome chicken sandwhiches... We also have Rubios Fish Tacos... one of the only fast food joints you can have a beer with your meal (drive thru excluded of course)...
eek.gif

Sorry, nice try. They won't be better than Chik-Fil-A!
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #10 of 91
ok ok ok... so you have us beat in chicken sandwiches and home prices
blink.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 91
Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, nice try. They won't be better than Chik-Fil-A!
tongue.gif

Sorry dude. We got Chik-Fil-A's in SoCal, too. At least I do in Tustin, CA that's right next to a...wait for it...In 'n' Out! I win!
very_evil_smiley.gif

"Eat More Chicken"

Booyah!

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:11 PM Post #12 of 91
Quote:

Sorry dude. We got Chik-Fil-A's in SoCal, too. At least I do in Tustin, CA that's right next to a...wait for it...In 'n' Out! I win!
very_evil_smiley.gif

"Eat More Chicken"

Booyah!

Ha! There is one on Jamboree in Irvine too... I'll have to check it out. So I guess it's just home prices then
icon10.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #13 of 91
Straight from the jack in the box website

Beef Regular Taco or Beef Monster Taco Filling Ingredients: Beef, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color), Soy Grits, Seasoning [Chili Powder (Chili Peppers, Spices, Salt, Garlic Powder), Wheat Flour, Taco Mix (Chili Pepper, Garlic, Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Onion), Imitation Beef Extract (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy, Wheat and Corn Protein, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate), Silicon Dioxide (added to prevent caking)], Salt, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). Tortilla Ingredients: Ground Corn, Water, Lime. Soy, Wheat, Monosodium Glutamate, Sulfites

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #14 of 91
Jimboys Tacos and chicken burritos, my fave.
In-out fries rock
Tommy's burgers and chili-dogs

I do like yack in a box tacos... meat variety for me please.

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #15 of 91
Quote:

tongue.gif

there's not much better than a deep fried taco, meat or not. but in 'n' out has to be the best. a close second is Taco Time which sadly they don't have in Southern California. Give me some of those mexi fries. all you people in the northwest are lucky.

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back