&%#@ Fans %&^#$!!!
Feb 14, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #16 of 33
The best that I've found are Vantec Stealth. Flat black, but :
Air flow: 27 CFM
Fan speed: 2050 RPM
Sound level: 21 dBA

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #17 of 33
Get Silicone gaskets to minimize the vibration of the case, that's where most of my noise was coming from

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #20 of 33
80mm Vantec Tornado's
biggrin.gif
. j/k wire a switch to your current fans to toggle off/on when you're gaming or not. if not go w/ the UV silent, they're silent but don't push as much air. i personally went w/ the switch mod.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #21 of 33
Unless you're overclocking, your cooling setup is probably overkill.

I run my system (all at stock speed) with just one 120mm fan in it (gpu and cpu coolers are passive). Since my PSU is a fairly quiet one (seasonic s12 600w), I can barely hear my system at all. CPU runs at 33 degrees C.

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #23 of 33
get a mac

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #26 of 33
Papst. Expensive as it is, there's really no substitute, and it doesn't matter if you take ballbearing or sleeve bearing: not in price, not in noise level.
Nexus is just as quiet, but at the expense of a lot less airflow. Zalman ZM-F1 is a cheap but decent cooler with a good airflow, though not as quiet as the Papst or Nexus.

Feb 16, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by skylinedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
80mm Vantec Tornado's
biggrin.gif
. j/k wire a switch to your current fans to toggle off/on when you're gaming or not. if not go w/ the UV silent, they're silent but don't push as much air. i personally went w/ the switch mod.

i did something like that when i was running 3 Delta FFBs in my case. but instead of an on off switch... i made a 12v/off/5v switch using THIS as a guide..

other configs can be found HERE

@Threadstarter
mebbe u can to the same thing to ur current fans? itll help with the noise. and with a flick of a switch..u can have more powaaaaahhh

Feb 16, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kira Yamato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
instead of using screws to hook up the fans to the case, ive hear people use some kind rubber plugs to hold them in?

anyone know where i can buy those >_>

u can get them at sidewindercomputers.com

they have a few types

Pushpins

Rubber Fan Rivets

Rubber Fan Rivets - Dualhead Style

i personally prefer the pushpins as u can always reuse them. im not too sure about the rubber ones but i think u have to cut them off in order to remove the fan. so theyre a 1 time thing. the pushpins arent rubber though...theyre some sort of plastic

Feb 16, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #30 of 33
its called "de-coupling" your fans. basically instead of the metal of the case vibrating against the plastic of your fan housing, you put a layer of rubber in between to dampen and reduce the noise caused by vibration.

Its something you should look into doing after youve replaced: psu,case,fans, and suspended hd. the difference it makes it very minimal after that but just for the people like me that are anal about it, it help=P

but really, silentpcreview will answer ALL the questions you have about silencing your rig, browse the forum for about 30 mins and youll learn a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back