Famous quotes by Patrick82
Dec 9, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #46 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by oic929 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This guy is hilarious

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
The wind from riding fast makes ears too weird.

I love this thread, and oic929 just made me laugh out loud with his patrick quotes.

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #47 of 309
The latest hit!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm listening to albums I haven't heard for a few weeks and the improvement is as big as when I went from K501 to K1000. There is no comparison.

Everything I complained about the sound is now gone. I have stopped writing into my logs because each album sounds completely different now, there is nothing more to complain about.

I'm hearing echo I never knew was there before, not only 1 echo but 2 echoes! Soundstage is very clean and open, there is greater separation between sounds.
I'm hearing more bass transients, beats in between beats. Bass is always focused even when it's in the background, everything is focused but still distinct.
Vocals are faster, shimmering is faster, everything is moving around faster. There are lots of things going on. It's more relaxing even when it's faster. Everything is much smoother.
I'm hearing quiet breathing of vocals clearer than before. All the quiet details are now very clear. Background is much blacker.
I'm hearing how the complex passages should sound like instead of having to guess. I'm hearing the truth of the recordings.

I can hear all this when I'm not focusing on the music, I'm reading forums and suddenly I hear new things. This is far from placebo.

This is what I did to my system (see previous posts in this thread):

Valhalla interconnect XLR + hardwire
Cleaned AC connectors for Ultimate Outlet
Valhalla interconnect dedicated ground for shield

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #48 of 309
Even though people find Patrick82's posts humorous, I'd just like to emphasize that he is a valued member of the community. Sure, he's eccentric, but he's having fun, and to date he's the only member who's actually given Brilliant Pebbles a shot. His adventures are fun to read. It's just a shame there aren't any other Headfiers in his area to hear his rig and report back.

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #49 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably he is not spending his own money, but his daddy's, mommy's or whom knows, any sane person will be more cautious at the time of expenditure with their own hard earn money...

I think he's made it clear in other threads that he's spending his money. In any event, your comments would appear to be rather presumptious, and somewhat judgmental -- if not downright insulting ("any sane person").

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #50 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and to date he's the only member who's actually given Brilliant Pebbles a shot.

Omg, I just googled Brilliant Pebbles.

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #52 of 309
Fantastic article about brilliant pebbles here

I personally love the CDP on the limes

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #53 of 309
I personally dig Patrick82's style very much. Granted, he is an eccentric in the eyes of the rest of us. But he is just experimenting and taking this hobby to some limits where it hasn't been already. I don't really see a point in quoting his comments, as almost everything he writes is on the same mad professor level as these quotes. Just read the Valhalla thread if you want to be entertained. And Pool Logics... Oh my, that stuff is even more extreme.

To Patrick: Keep up the good work, but try not to electrocute yourself while at it. Cheers.

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #56 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though people find Patrick82's posts humorous, I'd just like to emphasize that he is a valued member of the community. Sure, he's eccentric, but he's having fun, and to date he's the only member who's actually given Brilliant Pebbles a shot. His adventures are fun to read. It's just a shame there aren't any other Headfiers in his area to hear his rig and report back.

Absolutely. I like Patrick for his incredible will to really dig deep in this hobby we all share, his posts most definately contain useful information, unlike mine for instance. However I think that he should try enjoying his music for once, instead of obsessing with the thought that there's any room for improvement in the audio itself.

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #57 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he's made it clear in other threads that he's spending his money. In any event, your comments would appear to be rather presumptious, and somewhat judgmental -- if not downright insulting ("any sane person").

I do not consider my commnet insulting, at least no more than the thread itself, while we are all looking to make fun on his posts quoting them, and honestly I was really amazed that thread has not been closed and deleted long time ago, by any moderator, as for far less than what have being said here, I have contacted by some mods in order to avoid any direct conflict with him, this thread seems to me that is directed and directly to get one....So what is the big deal about my commnet???

Also he could say what he wants, but sorry I do not believe that nobody that is really sane, with other expenses to make, spend that amount of hard earn money in cables, more than $20,000.00 in cables, that is in my book insane, period, if for you this is a sane procedure, for me it is not, maybe a matter of different points of view, or maybe a matter of different wallet sizes...mine is really thin and sad....
confused.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #58 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
while we are all looking to make fun on his posts quoting them, and honestly I was really amazed that thread has not been closed and deleted long time ago,

Me too. This is a fellow human being and active head-fi member.

IMO, this thread is inappropriate.

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #59 of 309
Check out the 20 minute documentary on audiophiles from yesterday. 250 000 euro rigs. "It's 50% electricity and 30% rack"..."230 (volts), if it's 220 or less you don't get good sound"..."oh yeah, I could have a villa with the money from my rig". One guy literally ran power from his distribution box directly to his rig.

There are various levels of sanity, and calling anyone out on a site like this is rather silly. And the whole money issue is best overlooked entirely.

Some of his quotes ring very true however: that audio-fi is subtle and not worth it is highly insightful.

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #60 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the 20 minute documentary on audiophiles from yesterday. 250 000 euro rigs. "It's 50% electricity and 30% rack"..."230 (volts), if it's 220 or less you don't get good sound"..."oh yeah, I could have a villa with the money from my rig". One guy literally ran power from his distribution box directly to his rig.

There are various levels of sanity, and calling anyone out on a site like this is rather silly. And the whole money issue is best overlooked entirely.

Two or three or 100 wrongs, don't make a right...Just my two cents, those are insane as well...Period....At least that is my insane opinion...
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back