Famous quotes by Patrick82
Dec 10, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #61 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of these quotes are "Napolean Dynamite"-ish.

Your signature makes my brain fry (the formatting of it, actually).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With stock cables K1000 sounds thin, lifeless, bright, cold, edgy, harsh and metallic, I couldn't listen for more than 5 minutes. That's not the case with Valhalla power cords, vibration isolation and power conditioning, I don't hear any weaknesses. It sounds heavier and warmer than HD590 ever sounded. For the past few months I have had too much bass and have tried to decrease it by modding the cables, and it works. Nordost Valhalla is a great cable that allows easy fine tuning of the sound by decreasing the amount of conductors used.

this quote is just so great. patrick82 might as well work for nordost. it's as if the headphone doesn't matter at all, just the cables :]

Dec 10, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #62 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the 20 minute documentary on audiophiles from yesterday. 250 000 euro rigs. "It's 50% electricity and 30% rack"..."230 (volts), if it's 220 or less you don't get good sound"..."oh yeah, I could have a villa with the money from my rig". One guy literally ran power from his distribution box directly to his rig.

There are various levels of sanity, and calling anyone out on a site like this is rather silly. And the whole money issue is best overlooked entirely.

Some of his quotes ring very true however: that audio-fi is subtle and not worth it is highly insightful.

why that makes perfect sense. I am not kidding, power is 50% of the battle. didn't you know that already
k1000smile.gif

I totally agree with most of their comment. Although one need not spend $230K to achieve that. I would say $50K will usually do it without turn table (oh the hassle) ... LOL And audio stuff certainly have better resale value than a Benz.

And headphone just doesn't cut it when it comes to disappearing into the music.

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #63 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your signature makes my brain fry (the formatting of it, actually).

Well, honestly, I didn't write the words in the signature. I got it off of a movie quote website. However, I think it's logically formated but maybe not technically correct. Have you seen the movie?

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #65 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unbolding it would be a good first step, Ingo.

Nah, I think it's fine how it is
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:35 AM Post #67 of 309
I've only seen one picture that's actually Patrick's (and it's not even a picture of him). It's that strange tripod-vintage-printer looking contraption...

Those pictures are not him. I got repulsed looking at them all the same, but those are just random people.

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:37 AM Post #69 of 309
Yeah, that one in my sig is still my favorite. The more you try to break it down into logical parts, the more hilarious it gets. It's like reading Catcher in the Rye or something, only shorter and about his bike.

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:56 AM Post #70 of 309
Dec 10, 2006 at 10:01 AM Post #71 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by barqy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what happend to his face in the 2nd pic?

i don't know which is scary that fact that you have his personal pictures (hosted too?) or that 2nd pic
blink.gif

the fact you thought I would personally host his pic made me puke my dinner out
biggrin.gif
..jk ...no just found his pic in one of his posts. (narcissistic, maybe
3000smile.gif
)

Dec 10, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #72 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick82
I wouldn't buy this player even for $50 because it doesn't have upsampling. 44.1 kHz shows what's on the CD but it doesn't sound like real life to me. It sounds too dull, smooth and little bright at the same time.
IME with proper power conditioning 768 kHz sounds more consistent, cleaner, more real life and less bright than 44.1 kHz. It also makes me hear much more in the recording,

Talking about the $55,000 "Lamborghini" of cd players

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #73 of 309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only seen one picture that's actually Patrick's (and it's not even a picture of him). It's that strange tripod-vintage-printer looking contraption...

Those pictures are not him. I got repulsed looking at them all the same, but those are just random people.

There's a video up somewhere of him talking about his magic paper or something. His hair is different, but thats definitely him.

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #74 of 309
"When looking at this picture I can feel something getting bigger in pants." By far my favourite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back