Fallout 4.
Nov 3, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #61 of 89
I am if I can get my new gaming rig sorted, all built and was running fine, but my Win10 became unregistered due to mobo swap, and Win8 when installing doesn't accept USB3... Ugh

Fingers crossed I'll sort it when I get home this evening...

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #62 of 89
5 years ago, when I got Fallout 3, I was so immersed with the game (and its modding scene) that if Fallout 4 were to come out and my computer couldn't run it satisfactorily, it's time to get a new computer.

Well, I guess it's time to get a new computer now. Here's hoping the game uses a PBR-based system: that'll make my modding life a lot easier.

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #63 of 89
I am if I can get my new gaming rig sorted, all built and was running fine, but my Win10 became unregistered due to mobo swap, and Win8 when installing doesn't accept USB3... Ugh

Fingers crossed I'll sort it when I get home this evening...

been there dude that's how microshaft works..

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #64 of 89
Yay! - Gonna be all set for my day off of work on Tuesday :)

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #66 of 89
Me too, just stay away from the forums.
Spoilers and trolls aplenty there.

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #67 of 89
It’s interesting to see so many really glowing reviews of this game and I tend to agree with them, I think Bethesda has a real winner with Fallout 4, even though at launch this game was and still is very buggy. The biggest problem I've had so far is when I'm at a  computer terminal and I try to leave that terminal I'm stuck can't move what so ever and have to exit the game that happens a lot. Game play and graphics are in my opinion better then Fallout 3 in a big way, combat much better the wasteland and buildings are absolutely gorgeous looking, It really has that post apocalytic feel to it.  I highly recommend this game it's a excellent addition in this great series..

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #68 of 89
*** SPOILERS ***
The biggest issue I have with it is that i've just seen my other half murdered, my child kidnapped and I appear to be more concerned with being employed as a handy man for a group of vagrants rather than going on a roaring rampage of revenge. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #69 of 89
Well I've got about 40 hours into this game and still lots of exploring to do this game is huge.. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #71 of 89
  *** SPOILERS ***
The biggest issue I have with it is that i've just seen my other half murdered, my child kidnapped and I appear to be more concerned with being employed as a handy man for a group of vagrants rather than going on a roaring rampage of revenge. 

The idea behind bethesdas games is to make you follow everything but the main story. All my Fallout characters is total psychopats.

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #72 of 89
  The idea behind bethesdas games is to make you follow everything but the main story. All my Fallout characters is total psychopats.

Pretty much this, with most of the emphasis on exploration.  Pretty much every quest is an obvious excuse to send you to a cool location that they want you to explore.  Bethesda is by far the best at what they do in my opinion.  I do wish they'd do more, like Obsidian tried to do with New Vegas (the same emphasis on exploration and abundance of side quests, but much more role-playing and much better writing) but it doesn't look like they ever will.  

Mostly I just want Fallout 4 to have as much role-playing potential as New Vegas at least, but Fallout 2 would obviously be preferable.  The voiced protagonists in 4 and the friendly greetings for example make psychopathic characters not really feasible, although there's already a mod for silent protagonist and then there's Full Dialogue Interface, the two together making the game even more like Fallout 3.  Although I feel FO3 still had a bit more variety in dialogue.

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #73 of 89
Can't wait to dive into this game, although I still haven't finished New Vegas 
redface.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #74 of 89
Yeah this game is better then I thought it would be really enjoying this one..

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #75 of 89
After playing Fallout 4 for over 100 hours now I'm seeing where they cut back, and it's disappointing.  Every dialogue response that actually drives the conversation forward boils down to "Yes", "No", or "Sarcastic", and the only things that affect dialogue are Charisma score and the Lady Killer/Black Widow perks (which don't add new dialogue like they did in the previous games).  So, this isn't less dialogue options than say The Witcher games, however it's less than Fallout 3 which had this plus plenty of Intelligence and Perception dialogue options, and it's much less than New Vegas which had many unique dialogue options/checks for:

1. Speech skill and Charisma score (Fallout 4 combines these into one which is fine, nothing is lost)
  2. Low Intelligence
  3. High Intelligence
  4. Low Intelligence + High Speech
  5. Low Intelligence + Low Speech (it probably has High Intelligence + High Speech options too but I don't remember off the top of my head)
  6. Perception
  7. Strength
  8. Barter (also prominent in Fallout 3)
  9. Science
  10. Medicine
  11. Occasionally other skills like Explosives, Guns, Unarmed, and Survival
  12. Occasionally it has dialogue options for perks that the player has like Cannibal, Lady Killer/Black Widow/Confirmed Bachelor like I said before (although I left out the latter since it's missing from Fallout 4), Terrifying Presence, and probably others.

And then there's the first two Fallout games which had even more responsive dialogue and dialogue checks/options.  But it's a shame that Fallout 4 is a step back as an RPG even compared to Fallout 3.  We knew it would be a step back in this regard compared to the other Fallouts due to the voiced protagonist and because of Fallout 3 which is a good RPG but still only half the RPG New Vegas is (let alone the first two).

I'm still enjoying the game because the open world is more authentic and amazing than any other open world game I've played, and because the gameplay is tons of fun, but it doesn't completely satisfy me.  New Vegas hits all marks better than any other Fallout game in my opinion, whereas Fallout 2 and Fallout 4 each hit one mark pretty much perfectly (dialogue responsiveness/flexibility for the former, level design for the latter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back