Fake Senheiser IE800?
Jan 16, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #18 of 454
  Where can I get a genuine IE800 for 600 USD?

On head-fi, a few users are selling them around $600 shipped, at accessory jack they can get as low as 700 if you want them new with international shipping, they`re cheapest in japan, where they sell for $400 used and about $550 new in e-earphone Akihabara if you ever go there for business or the like. Definitely aren`t worth the $800-999 RRP, so maybe worth looking into used ones?

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #20 of 454
You will need the box to do this. The site gives full instructions.

http://qr-sennheiser.com/index.php?id=5&L=1&id=5

Good wishes to all checking.

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #22 of 454
Don't understand the maths involved but it's a match of the number on the box with another (anti counterfeit) specially printed code which Sennheiser says is 'impossible/extremely difficult' to print (bit like the strip in a bank note).

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #23 of 454
Gonna need a thread with photos of fake vs. authentic pretty soon as these could flood the market - I was doing a bit of research as I am interested in a used pair - didn't know until today they had been faked - Just wondering with the difficulty of manufacturing these, if somehow these are going out the back door of the Sennheiser factory.

Any used pair purchased now will need to have a paper trail for me to consider them.

As an aside - these Aliexpress ads don't have the products with the Sennheiser name or logo visible because they get in trouble somehow - rest assured that the ones they ship to con artists have the name and logo on them.

Mar 3, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #26 of 454
  I checked the images further, the boxes don`t have the senheiser logo in some of the images nor do the earpieces themselves, scary to think how many fake models are out there.

Photoshop.

May 30, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #27 of 454
  For the image. When it comes to Beats, Skullcandy, Soul, B&W etc I'd rather buy fakes for a fraction of the price and get the same external appearance. They might sound even better than the real ones, too!

LOL I can't believe you are serious but you are. No wonder you are into Beats headphones.

May 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #28 of 454
  LOL I can't believe you are serious but you are. No wonder you are into Beats headphones.

Well, it's as everyone says. Beats are good for the looks, but if you were looking for high-end audio, then you'd look elsewhere. Beats' main selling point is their appearance, and I quite like the look of their headphones. It's just the things they do to the sound that lets me down, and their fragility isn't something you'd expect from such a "premium" headphone.

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #29 of 454
Very unfortunate story which I wanted to share here with what I faced while buying the IE800's and a very well lesson learnt. I happened to be very interested in buying the IE800's and where I live "DUBAI" there is only one exclusive dealer who has these head phones. Although there are many but some how Sennheiser decided to give the IE800's exclusivity to only one. Any ways they were out of stock. I went to Amazon.co.uk which to some extent is reputed to have authentic items and of course I bought my IE80's from there as well which were 100% original. But what i found was they don't ship the IE800's to Dubai.  Moving on, I went to ebay knowing that its a big risk to spend such big amount on this site. But I did my questioning with the seller who was from USA and had a very nice rating. And he assured me that what he is selling is legit and 100% authentic. Its new and sealed pack never opened. And he told me if i open the seal and then return the product he will deduct 20% of the total invoice amount. I agreed to it which seemed fair enough. Considering all the respond to my inquiries I took the plunge and ordered the IE800's at 800$ (750$ item amount +50$ shipping to Dubai) which now is the official price of the product. it took 8 days to arrive I paid 25$ as to the customs as well. Now I have a 825$ IE800 in front of me which has a plastic (Shrink wrap) coating on it which seemed to be ok since some sellers might do such packing to prevent the box from marks and all. Any ways i get rid of the plastic cover and find out that there are no plastic seals on the sides of the box which i saw in almost all IE800 unboxing's. I assumed it to be a used item which was still ok to me thinking that some one might bought it earlier and returned it to the seller. The box had the sennheiser authenticity sticker and i checked it online on sennheiser website which said its authentic but has been checked several times. Which means at least the box is original. Now i open the box and what do i see??? Please experience the fraud for your selves. Also please find below the link for this listing which is still on. I wonder for which other unlucky buyer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251623750985?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They were damaged, sounded crap and was a total bull crap promise from the seller as it was a total FAKE. I contacted the seller immediately and told him he has to pay me a full refund minus the 50$ for shipping since it was my mistake to buy from him. The seller responded in total sorrow that he was sorry and that i can return the item back to him and he will not charge me the 20% unboxing penalty. So i just shipped them back 3 - 4 days back paying another 25$ and the headphones are still in transit. Will definitely update what happened.

The point here is that why would you waste some ones time, Block his money and make him pay extra custom plus courier charges??? Why disturb some one financially and morally like this by lying??? I have made a rule in life after all this that never to go above 50$ while buying any thing from ebay. And i have learnt my lesson that never buy from an unauthorized seller unless or until you have checked the item in front of your eyes or you have a valid proof of its authenticity.

After all this i checked again with the sennheiser authorized dealer and still they don't have stock. I am a big FAN of sennheisers and to see all this fake items available in the market more than the real ones in my region really makes me want to leave the boat. I would have never bought it from ebay if stock was available with their "so called" exclusive partners. I am really over at the edge and have almost lost interest in the IE800's after all the wait and the money that i spent. And i know its all my own mistake that is making me feel this way but i checked here in the market and the SE846's are available any time i want it. So as for now im heading towards the Shure's. Which has more options, More accessories, replaceable cable option, More positive reviews and more value for the money. So lets hope for the best. I might get it once my money is back from this seller. Any how just wanted to share and make others be aware of what goes on in the online markets.

Finally I got the refund back from the seller and am glad that a smaller loss took place (Shipping cost + Customs duty) than a bigger one. Sennheiser is the only brand I see is copied every where in china and please beware these Chinese copy cats are making some really good sounding earphones that can easily fool who are unaware of the product or who are new to buying some product. I my self have tried comparing my IE80's to the fake IE80's A+ copy and believe me the fake ones do sound good not as good as the originals but still for some one who has not heard an IE80 might not notice that they are fake. So I again would advise people never ever buy from an unauthorized source as more likely your IEMs would be sounding good and you will be thinking its the real deal but in fact it wont be. So buy the product from the official stores and get piece of mind with it. Peace...

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #30 of 454
These are authentic and cheap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231489344243?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Demo models for less than 50% of the retail price. I took a risk, bought one and it seems 100% authentic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back