Fake or broken Triple Fi 10?
Feb 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #16 of 16

Quote:
Lol, are the Westones that bad?
I didn't think the TF10's were poorly built at all.  I think the metallic plastic is sort of cheesy which may make them seem a bit cheap but they're really quite solid imo.

Cheesy is the right word for it.  I guess when I first got them I was thinking, "These are $350(ish) IEMs?"  Everything is plastic- so although big, they are light which practically speaking is good because one thing I don't like about the Denons is that although they are built like tanks (little teeny ones) you can feel their weight in your ears, especially if you move.  But after having the TF10s for a while and comparing them to the W4s, at least the UEs have a few more parts on them- that cheesy plastic shell, the plug connector, and the plug itself.  The black parts actually look pretty sturdy.  The W4s are basically two plastic shell halves- glossy black plastic with no features other than the logo.  I'm pretty sure I felt the two halves creak when I was swapping tips.  I guess in the end sound is what counts and with both IEMs I am quite satisfied.  For that kind of money ($450 for the W4s!) I just wish they had more of an 'oooh-ahhhh' factor- sort of like the Sony MDR-EX1000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back