Fake Logitech UE 600vi on AliExpress?
Aug 15, 2014 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tiggers

Head-Fier
With all the closeout sales going on with Logitechs Ultimate Ears I've been on a bit of a binge lately:  UE4000 for my daughter, UE6000 for myself, and a set of UE 500VM for my wifes android phone.  I thought I would also go ahead and try the UE 600's as well.

While cruising on AliExpress, I happened across this ad for UE 600vi's for $25.  Now I know that is supper cheap for the UE 600vi, but they are on closeout in the US, so maybe the OEM is dumping these.

But then my radar is still sounding an alarm:  5 different colors?  I could only find one retail color for the UE600vi's in the US (purple).  
But I also could not find anything supporting that Logitech IEM's, in general, are being faked either.

Any more experienced heads out there that can chime in?  Have Logitech IEM's been counterfeited in the past?

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 3
There are loads of fakes on Aliexpress sadly, one here which states: 

Please note:This is not original Logitech ue600vi earphone,but the quality is good.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Ultimate-Ears-600vi-UE-600vi-UE600vi-Headset-Earphones-For-iPhone-5-4S-4-3Gs-Dropship/1323227679.html

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 3
Ugh.  Those look just like a retail set, right down to the packaging.  I see a couple other listings that use the same pictures, but claim they are Logitech's.  
And if these are so convincing (at least if you go by the pictures), what's to say someone doesn't re-sell them on ebay?  How is one to tell the difference?  Here's one claiming they are genuine Logitech 600vi selling a bulk of 10 for $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back