Fake IE8
Apr 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #46 of 148
There are few places that sell cheapER famous earphones in China.
If you are looking for those real OEM headphones, they are not very cheap in China but definitely cheaper than those in US or UK.

I just got my IE8 and I love it!! I got it for RMB2,300 or about USD370
but the thing is it comes w/o package cos it's from factory.

I really didn't sure about it when I first bought, but when I compared with my
UE5-EB (bought in UK), it was so amazing!!

Apr 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #49 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by neob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check this out:

Sennheiser IE 8 Premium Audiophile Noise Isolating Head - eBay (item 120410055526 end time Apr-24-09 22:10:38 PDT)

Are they real or fake??? It's so cheap...

"this item is 100% original item,have no packing,Products have a headset and three pairs of earmuffs (large, medium and small)"

earmuffs, lol. Sounds like someone that doesn't know have a large English vocabulary or doesn't know much about headphones.

Maybe someone left them, or they were "borrowed" from the factory or an owner. If fakes were made, wouldn't there be more than 1 being sold via ebay (or from a known fake seller)?

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #50 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If fakes were made, wouldn't there be more than 1 being sold via ebay (or from a known fake seller)?

I did buy a pair of CX400 which turned out to be original, but that was blind luck, and they cost me ... approx $25-30 (about £14). but as the editor of fakeheadphones.com, that's not setting a very good example. have to say that I've ordered stuff from amazon (directly from amazon and not a 3rd party seller) that have come without the accessories.

The fact is I bought direct from amazon, this seller has no feedback. Could be genuine, but it's not my money we're playing about with, it's yours!

Personally speaking, I'd steer clear. $25-30, that's a night the movies, popcorn, big gulp drink, pizza afterwards, but $150 is serious money in anyones book!

The only other point is that these retail at $400-450, which $287 being the best price, form a 3rd party seller on amazon. Why would you sell them for $150 with only a few bits missing, wouldn't you pump up the price regardless (he asks rhetorically)?

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #51 of 148
You'll be very surprised when you visit China. There are so many fake items on the market. I'm not surprised if the IE8 has its fake version. It's just crazy.

Apr 24, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #52 of 148
For what its worth, I got my pair new from authorised reseller for $519NZD ( $290USD ) So I'm guessing you can get them for cheaper then RRP.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #53 of 148
Right when the Westone 3 was released, I purchased it from a store in Shanghai for 1980RMB, which is about $289. They are completely legitimate and the prices are still about the same if you check around taobao. After doing a quick search I found these IE8s É*º£Èû¶û Sennheiser Æì½¢ IE8 ¶úÈû ´øµ÷Òô°ô COMPLYº£ÃàÌ×-ÌÔ±¦Íø for 1418 RMB (a little over $200), and looking at the guys' taobao store ËÑË÷±¦±´-º¼ÖݸèÀ³ÃÀ¶úÉÕ-ÌÔ±¦Íø He seems pretty legit. Good customer ratings, tons of feedback and an impressive selection of products. It's hard to know if his IE8s are real but they seem legit. But, who knows.

Apr 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #54 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did buy a pair of CX400 which turned out to be original, but that was blind luck, and they cost me ... approx $25-30 (about £14). but as the editor of fakeheadphones.com, that's not setting a very good example. have to say that I've ordered stuff from amazon (directly from amazon and not a 3rd party seller) that have come without the accessories.

The fact is I bought direct from amazon, this seller has no feedback. Could be genuine, but it's not my money we're playing about with, it's yours!

Personally speaking, I'd steer clear. $25-30, that's a night a the movies, popcorn, big gulp drink, pizza afterwards, but $150 is serious money in anyones book!

The only other point is that these retail at $400-450, which $287 being the best price, form a 3rd party seller on amazon. Why would you sell them for $150 with only a few bits missing, wouldn't you pump up the price regardless (he asks rhetorically)?

Out of curiosity, how do you explain items coming without accessories direct from Amazon?

Have there been any officially fake IE8s found? Not saying they don't exist, and not coming with the 80 tips that all don't give me a seal is an indicator, but just another opinion, like them many that came before and will come after.

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #55 of 148
I never believe in ebay...i bought cx300 one time and it was fake...although they set a fairly high price for the item, it think, it just to make us feel it's real...

How do guys think about amazon reseller?

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #56 of 148
I want to play safe so I always try buy things from an authorized dealers.

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #57 of 148
Does anyone know from experience if advancedmp3players.com is a legit dealer? Cause they will match deals fount in the UK, not necessarily authorized deals, which means they might be matching a fake IE8 price with the real ones. Just a theory.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #58 of 148
I brought a sennheiser ie7 without package and only come with 3 standard ear piece from ebay, the seller is a us seller and he sells many other stuff like gps and many many many bose qc2. I believe is a genuine pair because it sounds so much better than my UE superfi 5 eb and the klipsch image and the aurvana. so i guess not everything is fake on ebay

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #59 of 148
^
we bough it from the same seller and they are legit the sound is pretty good

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #60 of 148
Well there did have kinda factory version of IE8s coming with simple package rather than fake stuff, some buyers compared them with original one and indicated that there ain’t difference at all. But I’ll still go for the original version of IE8s anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back