Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NM. I'm dumb.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #32 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also bought mine for 180 including shipping, without shipping its 170

In pounds or usd?

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #33 of 148
Sennheiser just isn't showing any love to the U.S. right now, thats all right I still Love you IE8
redface.gif
I cant imagine amazon UK. or Amp3 selling seconds or fakes and they're a hell of a lot cheaper than here.

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #35 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In pounds or usd?

Pounds and from microwarehouse.co.uk

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #37 of 148
bump for feedback and awareness.
redface.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #38 of 148
I wonder why Sennheiser does not take measures against counterfeiting, like shipping sealed registration keys to their Chinese factory. If not able to register online, a buyer would know he got a fake product.

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #39 of 148
It's a good idea, however it doesn't stop people 'producing' fake gear, and it certainly doesn't stop people buying the things from ebay! But at least like Bose Triport IE, you could ring them up and they'll confirm if they're fake or not.

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #40 of 148
These things are really not that difficult to make and the profit is tremendous. Its not like software that you need to register on-line to continue using it. If a seller on ebay can warranty it thats good enough. If it breaks and you ship it back to the seller, the seller can just send you a new one for free. If Sennheiser wants to pursue, its at their own expense and its not cheap. It would cost them thousands to do it with no return.

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #41 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder why Sennheiser does not take measures against counterfeiting, like shipping sealed registration keys to their Chinese factory. If not able to register online, a buyer would know he got a fake product.

Nokia does that for their batteries, but fakes are still readily available. Unfortunately these sort of markets will always exist because most people are ignorant or do not care.

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #42 of 148
You are right, it would not stop fake IEMs from being produced, but it would make them harder to sell as genuine, both at the wholesale and retail/eBay levels. At least people who care (most audiophiles I hope) would know which sellers to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back