Fake IE8
Feb 19, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #16 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by LouseRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sennhaiser have some OEM&ODM factory in China.At beginning Senn have been entrusted the mission that IE8's produce to Factory A(masked name),but the QC of Factory A couldn't fitted Senn's standard.So Senn cancelled the order form.Now all IE8 made by another factory in China.
Then the Factory A produced some IE8(simple edition).Them informal products for sale recently.They aren't faked,however,the sounds different from the formal IE8.
Don't try it.

This is a cause for concern...how do we tell if ours are from the factory A instead? damn...

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #17 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miklos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last time I checked NCIX.com had the IE8 for about $230... And those are not fake ones

NCIXUS.com - Great Technology, Selection and Service.

You can bank on that price changing once they have stock.....that's why you can't pre-order them off their site right now (unlike their Canadian site). Last time they got them in stock the site admin forgot to change it and they sold some sets at that price. They alter realized the screw up and then put the price to where it was supposed to be...$279. At least they honored the "mistake" orders @ $223.

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #18 of 148
Feb 20, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #19 of 148
from where exactly would they be fake? I bought mine at microwarehouse

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #20 of 148
Sennheiser headphones always sell for much less than their recommended retail price, so the excuse that cheaper than RRP= fake isn't necessarily true.

I got my IE 8 for £180, even though Sennheiser lists it for £260. The HD 650 was once available on Amazon.co.uk for £180, even though Amazon.com sells them for $465 (£325). Hell, some shops here sell the CX 300 for £40 (which is the actual RRP), but is readily available on Amazon UK and other web stores for less than half (£17).

Headphone margins are high. How do you think Klipsch can afford to do a half price sale on their high end Image X10 and Custom-3 at the end of last year?

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #21 of 148
I also bought mine for 180 including shipping, without shipping its 170

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #22 of 148
I don't care if its fake as long as it sounds identical to the real one and is made at the same factory in China as the real ones except they are over runs to sell outside of Sennheiser and sells for half the price of the real ones So where can I buy one?

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #23 of 148
When i start seeing Authorized dealers dropping their prices, like they drop prices on other Sennheiser gear, then i'll be more trusting.

PX100, £39.99 retail, amazon.co.uk- £17.99 for example. but i don't see the dealers dropping their prices to some 40%. we can only try our best to help each other, and i'm just saying; with my money.... i wouldn't try it!

Don't get me wrong, i got my HD650's for .... £165, but they're donkey's years old compared to the IE8's. I just don't see how newish headphones would have a 40% price reduction and i don't underestimate the counterfeit market!! they'd try anything for a quick buck, and the IE8's are getting plenty of good press.

I guess i'm just erring on the side of caution. If someone offer me a sub 6 month old model (BTW how old are the IE8's) at 40%, I'd feel suspicious, and would rather go to an Authorized dealer and pay full whack. tell me the model is a year old, then i'd expect to see prices fall. anyway it's 3:54am i'm blabbing away here. goodnight and good luck my fellow enthusiasts.
atsmile.gif

I think i'll wear my SR60's to bed!

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #25 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow thats crazy, on a side note I'm trying to but another pair of IE8 for my son. I really don't want to spend another $450.00. So I am trying to order them from Advanced mp3 and am having trouble with the discount code. I emailed them and he gave me an expired code "listenlive" LOL. I tried live help 3 times and nver get a response, just like when I bought my several sony s639's.

The code head10 says accepted, but the discount isn't reflected in the price. I have tried several check out methods, different computers different browsers. It would be a sweet deal if I could get the extra 10%. I sent another email, but from my past experience with Amp3, I wont get another reply
frown.gif

Anyone know any other codes, or vendors, that ship to US., or have any other ideas? Short of making an international call. I tried to order from ncixus when they had them in stock, but that was a fiasco in it's self.

Sorry posted wrong thread!

Edit: A kind gentleman (Elliot) took care of me from Amp3 I'm set!

lol, same here, I sent an email to its CS regarding when "listenlive" promotion would end a week ago, I was told it would be the end of this year, so I hold on until it release the date of restock. Yesterday when I found " listenlive" was not working, so I sent an email again, hopefully I would be granted with 20% off..............unitl now no reply yet

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #26 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by mape00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That story could well be true, but then again, no one in China ever admits to counterfeiting. About 100 per cent of counterfeits are sold and marketed as "OEM" (if not as the real deal...).

except when the government sponsors it, then they'll publish it in the papers
wink.gif

very interesting indeed

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #27 of 148
to those that keep saying, authorized sellers don't lower price I say ********. Don't forget what happened with W3's in China when they dropped by a hundred bucks over night and then throughout all of china, while other western companies kept their prices at 400 or so. Authorized dealers including Earphone Solutions admit that they cannot advertise their products at anything BUT MSRP or perhaps 50 bucks off MSRP, but I'm almost certain that all their stuff gets discounted, some up to 30% of MSRP. AKG 702's were even discounted down to 250 by several Authorized Dealers if you called them up and asked.

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #28 of 148
Anyone knows anybody from seinheisser or has any insider info of fake or "simple edition" IE8's? Hate to be spending money on 2nd rated stuff...

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #29 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to those that keep saying, authorized sellers don't lower price I say ********. AKG 702's were even discounted down to 250 by several Authorized Dealers if you called them up and asked.

that happens in the U.S., I've yet to see sellers, selling virtually new models in the UK for a discount like that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back