Fake IE8
Feb 19, 2009 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 148

Surrealsky

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, i have heard of fake cx300 etc but are there IE8 fakes? I have a really good deal upcoming with brand new IE8's going for like usd$200. Would like a point of view before getting them along my superb phonaks.
icon10.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #2 of 148
at the moment they certainly look fake because I cant even see them

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 148
That's a really low price. Searched around they are all priced up in the $400-450 zone.

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 148
The Sennhaiser have some OEM&ODM factory in China.At beginning Senn have been entrusted the mission that IE8's produce to Factory A(masked name),but the QC of Factory A couldn't fitted Senn's standard.So Senn cancelled the order form.Now all IE8 made by another factory in China.
Then the Factory A produced some IE8(simple edition).Them informal products for sale recently.They aren't faked,however,the sounds different from the formal IE8.
Don't try it.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 148
Wow thats crazy, on a side note I'm trying to but another pair of IE8 for my son. I really don't want to spend another $450.00. So I am trying to order them from Advanced mp3 and am having trouble with the discount code. I emailed them and he gave me an expired code "listenlive" LOL. I tried live help 3 times and nver get a response, just like when I bought my several sony s639's.

The code head10 says accepted, but the discount isn't reflected in the price. I have tried several check out methods, different computers different browsers. It would be a sweet deal if I could get the extra 10%. I sent another email, but from my past experience with Amp3, I wont get another reply
frown.gif

Anyone know any other codes, or vendors, that ship to US., or have any other ideas? Short of making an international call. I tried to order from ncixus when they had them in stock, but that was a fiasco in it's self.

Sorry posted wrong thread!

Edit: A kind gentleman (Elliot) took care of me from Amp3 I'm set!

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by LouseRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sennhaiser have some OEM&ODM factory in China.At beginning Senn have been entrusted the mission that IE8's produce to Factory A(masked name),but the QC of Factory A couldn't fitted Senn's standard.So Senn cancelled the order form.Now all IE8 made by another factory in China.
Then the Factory A produced some IE8(simple edition).Them informal products for sale recently.They aren't faked,however,the sounds different from the formal IE8.
Don't try it.

What how will I know if mine are **** or good?...I bought them from microwarehouse. havn't opened them yet though.

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #12 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ihatepopupads, at first i thought u want to get a fake pair for your son LOL

Probably u can ask some helpful soul in UK or Oz to help u get a pair?

LOL, no just trying to save a little green, some duckets, beans, denaro's, Ice, FED notes, chicken, cashola, Benjamin's, bullion ect. ect. Probably many other names for currency, or legal tender. With the discount with Amp3 they would be about 269.00 US. shipped, which I thought was pretty good. Really I hope this isn't true about the "seconds", that would really suck.

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #15 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by LouseRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't try it.

That story could well be true, but then again, no one in China ever admits to counterfeiting. About 100 per cent of counterfeits are sold and marketed as "OEM" (if not as the real deal...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back