Fake HD598s bassy?
Mar 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 7
[size=11pt]I find 598 bassy when plugged directly to laptop at the loss of imaging and soundstage though, but bass is more of mid bass hump without good texture…. with E17 they should at their full potential, bass clams down and they more balanced. [/size]

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 7
Whew. I was running them unamped out of my HiFiMeDIY Sabre DAC. Going from the Sabre to my E11 at the moment, sounds much better.

Makes me curious about a better amp though...I'm thinking Asgard.
[size=11pt]I find 598 bassy when plugged directly to laptop at the loss of imaging and soundstage though, but bass is more of mid bass hump without good texture…. with E17 they should at their full potential, bass clams down and they more balanced. [/size]

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 7
I don't know why people have the mis-conception that the HD598s CANNOT provide adequate bass output. It can! Is the impact and punch comparable to other headphones? No, but it is one of the most "linear" and pleasant sounding headphones I have tried along with the HD600s! I don't believe they are fakes, and as you mentioned, if you LIKE the sound, who cares if they are fakes then lol!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back