Fake HD598
Feb 1, 2011 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

CrashBurn

New Head-Fier
i just brought headphones of the bay from someone who was selling is as an unwanted gift for £100----cheaper then 595

I contacted senh..... and they told me its a high probability they are fake.. bay user says they are boxed and unused and has pics up on bay. Is it even possible for thiere to be 598 fakes, they have a unique appearance and have just literally come  out. Perhaps the looks make it a easy target for fakers

here are the pics

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280623098220&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

BTW this forum posting is total crap
does not allow in browser spell check or copy and paste via mouse 

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 10
It looks legit to me. If you are worried try and find some pictures of the real box and do some comparisons. I don't think fakes of these headphones have hit the market yet, but I don't really know. A few months seems awfully fast to be pushing out fakes. 

Also, if they are somehow fake, the seller would most likely refund you as to not tarnish his established selling record.

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 10
That's definitely the HD 598 original box. You can even see the gloss 3D paint on it, same thing i have on the PX100-II box.
If the photos are legit, the product must be too!

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 10
That’s a relief. Would sen give me warranty for the item if I tell them I get it verified by sen distributor that they are not counterfeit?  I ask because the cable on 589 looks very flimsy just like 595 which kept on dying because play rough with my headphones :wink:

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
No fake HD598 yet, = bargain!

atsmile.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #9 of 10
my box is the same like that.  i bought it off JR on ebay for 180..
so It real for me

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
I contacted senh..... and they told me its a high probability they are fake.. bay user says they are boxed and unused and has pics up on bay. Is it even possible for thiere to be 598 fakes, they have a unique appearance and have just literally come  out. Perhaps the looks make it a easy target for fakers

BTW this forum posting is total crap
does not allow in browser spell check or copy and paste via mouse 

Senn should be ashamed of themselves. They're obviously just hoping you'll go to a shop and pay full price. How could there be fakes of the 598--I've never even heard of fakes of the 555/595, and they've been out for centuries. In fact, has there ever been any verified instances of fake 555/595/600/650/800? If so I've never heard of it.

Oh yes, the forum is crap. Nothing works for me ever since they changed the format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back