Fake Fiio E17? Or just bad luck?
Oct 3, 2012 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cssarrow

Member of the Trade: Artemis Cables
Aka: 2NE1
Aka: ArtemisCables
Aka: ryancabral
Hello,

I've always used my friends E17 and liked it, so i bought one myself. Maybe im bad luck Brian, but this was what happened.

Plugged the Fiio L9's 3.5 into the Fiio E17 AUX. Plugged it out, and the surround came along with it.

SPDIF IN insides are black instead of violet/magenta like the pictures i see on the Fiio website.

Solid looking construction, lcd screen,sound , and everything else works like my friends E17.

The ring that fell out

I Bought this to go on my trip outside the country. seems like i have an extra trip to return land.

Scratched off authenticity and typed the numbers on fiio's website to check if it was authentic.

So it seems that the product is authentic.
You can try checking the number again, but it will show you that the product is fake to prevent fake models.

So tell me, are your fiio's pink/magenta/violet on the inside surround of the SPDIF In?
Do you think that mine is fake or something? this is extremely bad luck.
i don't know if i should super glue this or return it... gaaaah!

- Tim

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Color of the SPDIF jack means nothing. The color has changed from pre-production to post-production so it is not a valid indication of legitimacy. You are just having bad luck and got a lemon. Contact the seller and they should exchange one for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back