FAKE Etymotic ER4Ps?
Jul 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

J0nny

100+ Head-Fier
Jul 25, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 12
the guy has zero feedback so I would say move on

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 12
The seller has no history, no feedback, nothing. I'd rather pay the extra hundred to be honest, would prevent a bashed up box arriving from Singapore with $2 drivers in it.

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #5 of 12
I don't see why not... you can always return it if it's anything else. 

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #6 of 12
Where oh where can you pick up some ER4s for $200???
Quote:
I'd rather pay the extra hundred to be honest

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #7 of 12
It might be worth an email requesting some general info:  how old are they, used in any way, etc.  He might be willing to share the eBay name of the 2 previous people who bought from him (2 sold).

BTW, the ad avatar is a picture of the current ER4P model, BUT the ER4P pictured in the ad body, with the case and stuff, is several years old -- several years ago (2008 ??), Ety changed the red/blue connectors to black and started using a different shaped black Y splitter.

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
It might be worth an email requesting some general info:  how old are they, used in any way, etc.  He might be willing to share the eBay name of the 2 previous people who bought from him (2 sold).

BTW, the ad avatar is a picture of the current ER4P model, BUT the ER4P pictured in the ad body, with the case and stuff, is several years old -- several years ago (2008 ??), Ety changed the red/blue connectors to black and started using a different shaped black Y splitter.

Quote:
Good idea, contacting the buyers. It could be an excellent deal if the tips and such are not important. Also, Ety may not honor the warranty on these even if they are real, not sure. But still, at that price, tough to beat if they turn out to be real, even if the older models.

It's only one buyer (not two) who (apparently) purchased two sets. Even if it's a genuine buyer, they only made their purchase 14 hrs ago so there's no feedback you can get from them regarding this particular seller.

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 12
Good feedback .  Yes, they do not represent what the ER4P has been for the last 7-8 years.  They could be fake or very old.  I never recall the pod being green on ER4P either, ony S-version.  Book shows colored earpieces but actual pieces are black....not good.

Jul 26, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #10 of 12
I bought a set of ER-4P back in 2002 and they looked exactly like this, “odd“ box, red-blue connectors, green pod and all. Even sent them back for repairs twice, they came back with the black cable the second time. Would think Etymotic would have told me if they were fakes :wink: Kids these days... :rolleyes:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 26, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #11 of 12
Thanks so much for the responses guys! Since I live in the UK I'm going to steer well clear of this, as getting a return would be a hassle to say the least. And thanks to cliffroyroycole for pointing in the right place to get them at a decent price! 
biggrin.gif

J0nny.

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #12 of 12
They've either been pulled, sold or "sold" since the listing has now ended. We'll see if any head-fi people pulled the trigger on them soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back