Fake ATH-ESW-9? (56K warning!)
Jun 26, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #226 of 330
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got mine from above stated auction. They seem authentic:

Gold Flake - Check
Blue Coil - Check
Cups - Seem to be wooden, complete with dimples around edges
Pads - Look and smell like authentic leather, although one pad has some slightly damaged stitching, as if the pad was pulled.
Sound - Without having heard a pair before all I can say is they sound pretty damn good out of the box.

Glad to hear it (and I'm sure you are too
wink.gif
)!

BTW, I wouldn't worry about the pad stitching. I received a replacement pad directly from Audio Technica USA with a similar problem. I have a feeling they're hand-stitched...with varying degrees of quality.

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #228 of 330
for what i read and what i see.
there two type of Fake esw9 headphones.

1)
one is totallly fake,everthing from the pouch to the pads.
in Chinese there is word call"高防" - Kwao Fun
meaning high quality Copy.

they were painted in hard-paper,you can see the differences under microscope.
and many things mentioned in the other posts.

there were made in mainland china.cheap materia,extremely low sound quality speakers,

2).
half fake.

there is a special chinese word desribe it '港行' - Kong Hung
meaning Hong Kong authentic.

because all they have is stole or smuggling electronic parts.
they have replace the wood with others,leather with other leathers.
the real thing are using goat leater,replace with made leathers.

how do you tell the differences ?
they are sound almost exactly same as the real one,if you put both on scale, the real thing is heavy than the half fake.
also the sound compare to the real one, there is mid-range problem, its rate 9.5/10 vs the real thing. some says it is because there were some effect from the wood,(japan Hokkaido cherry tree).im not so sure about it,

they were made in taiwan or Hongkong, if you got one of those dont be sad,
its not that bad when you spend a less money on it.it still sound great.

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #229 of 330
uglyrain,

right before you posted this, I had searched for a thread you started in the ful-sized headphone forum about fake esw9s. You had wonderfully detailed pictures in it of both real and fake. I found the thread, but the pictures were no longer there. Can you post that again or tell us where you found the pictures?

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #230 of 330
got my esw9 today from someone who got them from beach camera. Not so sure about this one :/

Wood looks real enuff, copper coil is blue, sounds pretty good, to my nublet ears. HOWEVER... on the box at the back, its spelt deutch. -_-

Can anyone else who bought these from beach camera see if the writing is off? Everything else looks real from what ive read here though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #231 of 330
still no esw10 fakes?

Jul 12, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #232 of 330
Quote:

Originally Posted by insanesanctum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone else who bought these from beach camera see if the writing is off? Everything else looks real from what ive read here though
smily_headphones1.gif

Didn't buy from beach but the same spelling error is on my box.

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #234 of 330
Don't remember but it could be on the box, or on an insert that came with the headphone. The Beach Camera headphones are authentic, so don't worry if you can't find the number. I don't remember seeing one myself.

Having bought a fake pair from ebay, and a real one from Beach, I can vouch for the authentication of the ESW9's from Beach Camera.

Jul 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #235 of 330
Now I'm worried. I picked up my ATH-ESW9 from Jaben in Singapore in March last year. Paid a non fake price. Nice wooden smell from the cups, after removing the sticky wrap that was across the wood. All the pictures of the headpones look ok, viz, has the bump where the cable goes in. Dont want to pull the pads off. These headphones sound OK but nowhere near as good as my DT 990's, ie recessed hi end.

The production date is noted as 2007-10. But on the back of the box is Deutch. Was this an error that was later corrected on the box by AT. Documentation that was inside the box had Deutsch.

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #236 of 330
Hi, so I've been lurking around for a little while, and decided to dive in and buy some esw10jpns. Unfortunately, I have a strong suspicion i have just bought some fakes, even though people are so far saying that there aren't any fake 10s out yet.

Uglyrain's thread mentions weighing the real ones vs the fakes to determine if they are real. Any chance that someone with a real pair can weigh them for me and let me know what they come in at? Also, is there anyone in the Seattle area that might be willing to get together to compare them in person?

Thanks,

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #237 of 330
Quote:

Originally Posted by igor_f /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fake times just started.... I'm horrified by direction that our world moves...
Buyers be aware!
ATH-ESW9 (China Trading Company) - Products

im pretty sure the ones in the pics are real ones and the ones you get are fake... just like when buying fake lacoste polos on ebay the ones in the pictures are totally legit but when you get them there nothing like the real ones... i think the dead give away is the pads they look over stuffed...

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #239 of 330
They are from china what do you expect. I gaurantee they are ESW9 fakes or something anything. China and AudioTechnica usually are a bad combo.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #240 of 330
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are from china what do you expect. I gaurantee they are ESW9 fakes or something anything. China and AudioTechnica usually are a bad combo.

Sorry, my point was that people were saying on this thread that there were no known ESW10 fakes only ESW9s, and I'm trying to say that this link probably means that there are now ESW10 fakes as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back