F1
Oct 4, 2007 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

wes.coleman

100+ Head-Fier
Any of you watch F1? I can't get enough. Can't wait for the Chinese race this weekend. Maybe Lewis will have a DNF and make the Brazilian race the title decider (I'm a Kimi fan, so I hope so
icon10.gif
). That'll be a nail biter!

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 39
Have been an F1 fan since 1992 and have watched almost every race since 1994.
With regard to the current seasoon,It sickens me every time i read Hamilton being talked(the British Press) in the same breath as Ayrton Senna. Blasphemy i tell you.
First and foremost, this season has been a farce. McLaren deserved to be thrown out of the championship completely. In my eyes, Kimi is already the World Champion.

Nonetheless, it owuld be interesting to see how the last two races turn out.

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #4 of 39
I love F1, watch it when I can.

Funny story: I was on a Euro-trip with two American friends. We were in Monte Carlo, Monaco and I of course had to check out the finish line etc. Turns out one of my American friends didn't even know what F1 was, or what the F1 cars looked like! Freaked me out.

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have been an F1 fan since 1992 and have watched almost every race since 1994.
With regard to the current seasoon,It sickens me every time i read Hamilton being talked(the British Press) in the same breath as Ayrton Senna. Blasphemy i tell you.
First and foremost, this season has been a farce. McLaren deserved to be thrown out of the championship completely. In my eyes, Kimi is already the World Champion.

Nonetheless, it owuld be interesting to see how the last two races turn out.

Yeah, the British press jumped the gun on Lewis. Now, if you read all the letters sent into Planetf1.com, they're mostly letters from Brits telling Lewis to **** about what Alonso did at Spa, lol. Lewis is great, no doubt, but calling him the next Senna is a bit too much (even if he does wear a yellow helmet). Show me 65 poles in 162 races, and then I'll call him the next Senna. I'll say this, though. The teammate battles between Lewis and Fernando this year certainly bring to mind those between Senna and Prost in '88.

Ayrton Senna is my personal hero. As it happens, I'm wearing this shirt right now.

As for the Stepneygate stuff, I'm pretty satisfied with what happened, if a bit befuddled that the drivers received no punishment at all. I wouldn't want to see them thrown out of the title entirely, but maybe docking them 15 or 20 points would be appropriate. At least it would put Kimi back in striking distance of the '07 title.

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 39
I think Hamilton is very talented, but to call him Senna-like is a bit premature. And I dearly wish he'd gotten to do one or two seasons against Mr. Schumacher. I think Michael pulling a few of those trademark angled starts on little Lewis might have given him some perspective...

Longtime F1 fan here. We attended all of the Indy USGP's except this year. And Senna was good, Prost was good, but Gilles Villeneuve was my favorite. Never was World Champion like his son, but god was he a race car driver. And though I like M. Schumacher a lot, even with 7 Championships he could not hold a candle to Juan Manuel Fangio.

A_Sr.

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 39
I dunno eh, he's come very close to winning the championship on his first ever season, that has to count for something right?

Do you guys remember the race in Hungary last year? A classic, that! I've got the japanese gp downloading, and if I manage to get home this weekend I may even get to see the chinese gp in HD! (Is it broadcast as such?)

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 39
No! Cause for some unknown reason it don't send on any local channels

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno eh, he's come very close to winning the championship on his first ever season, that has to count for something right?

Do you guys remember the race in Hungary last year? A classic, that! I've got the japanese gp downloading, and if I manage to get home this weekend I may even get to see the chinese gp in HD! (Is it broadcast as such?)

No doubt, Hamilton is good. Great, even. I just refuse to refer to him as the next Senna until he proves it (his pole and race in the wet at Fuji is a good start, though
tongue.gif
).

Last year's race in Hungary was the best the Hungaroring has seen in a long time. Jenson got his maiden victory and Robert Kubica scored his first championship points (which were later taken away, because his car was 2 kg underweight).

As far as I know, F1 races aren't broadcast in HD (despite being shown occasionally on FOXHD). All F1 coverage (i.e. all photos, video coverage, and interviews, etc.) is given to various networks (i.e. they buy it for exorbitant fees) by FOM (Formula One Management), and FOM doesn't provide HD content yet. That's why whenever you watch race coverage, the announcers are always saying stuff like "Get to shooting the race! We don't want to see Ron on the pit wall!", as they have no control over what images they see. They pretty much have to call it as they see it. It's one of Bernie Ecclestone's "brilliant" ideas.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #12 of 39
Started watching when Schumi was at Benetton. Really followed F1 when Schumi was at Ferrari because have a couple of friends who preferred McClaren lol. Has been watching almost every race since.

Hamilton has been great this season in the respect of riling Alonso up. Other than his performance at Fuji recently, I've seen nothing special of him in a car filled with their closest rivals information. And even though he's a rookie as this is his first season, he was groomed by McClaren for a decade to one day take a seat in one of their cars..so his performances in a McClaren is no big deal. Put him in a Spyker and you won't get all this nonsense comparing him to Senna. I'll rate Kubica and Rosberg as the better young drivers over Hamilton
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #13 of 39
I thought it was a great race. I'm in Japan so it was shown on Fuji TV one of the sponsors.

Glad I wasn't driving that safety car, must have been a bit of a handfull in the wet at those speeds

Hamilton is getting a bit hyped, but even so he is the most successful rookie ever!

Good finish for DC. Felt sorry for Jenson and Webber. Kimi drove a scorcher, love to see him win in China so that he has a chance in the last race.

Can't say I'm sorry about Alonso, would be nice to see him go to Ferrari next year, in the number 2 spot to Kimi. That might calm him down a bit.

Still good race

PS Anyone know what those Kenwood Headphones are that the pit guys use?

PPS my 100th post.

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #14 of 39
hamilton seems like the next hill or villineve, the guy who wins a championship becuase he has a really good team (or his team cheats) then they put him in a position he actually has to show talent to fight for the points and he fails, but then again, the car isnt everything, i have no bloody clue why ferrari kept massa for 3 seaons, that guy wreaked more ferraris in 1 season then schumacer in like 5,

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by wes.coleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the Stepneygate stuff, I'm pretty satisfied with what happened, if a bit befuddled that the drivers received no punishment at all. I wouldn't want to see them thrown out of the title entirely, but maybe docking them 15 or 20 points would be appropriate. At least it would put Kimi back in striking distance of the '07 title.

From the other side of the fence, how much more biased towards Ferrari would that make the FIA look? As it is they've already handed them the champoinship (not to mention the previous heavy handed incident in hungary where they docked Mclaren the points of that race).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back