F1
Oct 7, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #31 of 39
Hamilton left 'out to dry' on shot tires??

Behind the scenes deal between McLaren, Ferrari and F1 bosses to hand Ferrari drivers title as well (to avoid paying fine)??

For the people who question raw talent, all the top drivers have it. Groomed by McLaren for good reason, Hamilton has excelled in all the classes of racing he has competed in to date. He has been faster than the current double world champion most of the season. What more proof is there of talent?

One solution to the 'best car' arguments is to have a qualifying car, separate from the teams that is used to determine the grid positions. The cars test as normal through the week and the Friday, Saturday practice sessions. The drivers then switch to the qualifying car for the driver shootouts.

Through all the politics, controversy, arguments etc. we now have a final race decider....Alonso takes Hamilton out on first corner and hands Raikonnen the title
blink.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #32 of 39
As a Kimi fan, this is a dream come true! If Kimi can't do it, I'd like Alonso to get a hat trick of world championships. Nothing against Lewis, there are just others who I want to win more.

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #33 of 39
hamilton might have the support of the FIA, have is team clearly favoring him against his team mate, and basicly allowed to commit whatever atrosity on the track he feels like without geting fined or penalized (check the last GP and the issue with the safety car), but at the end of the day, theres no substitute for talent and a cold temper,

if hamilton is champion this year, its because he was given the championship, not becuase he won it, if alonso was in ferrari, this would have been a different story.

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #35 of 39
I have been an avid F1 fan for the past 30 years traveling all over the world to watch the races and I have never been as disgusted with it as I have the last few years, particularly this year. Too many rule changes (the excuse being cost reduction, safety reasons I'm OK with) and the cars are progressing towards a spec car. There's already too many series that have spec cars. The entire McLaren-Ferrari scandal pissed me off as well.

If Hamilton wins the championship, F1 got exactly what it wanted all year.

I'm finally done with it.

Oct 7, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hamilton might have the support of the FIA, have is team clearly favoring him against his team mate, and basicly allowed to commit whatever atrosity on the track he feels like without geting fined or penalized (check the last GP and the issue with the safety car), but at the end of the day, theres no substitute for talent and a cold temper,

if hamilton is champion this year, its because he was given the championship, not because he won it, if alonso was in ferrari, this would have been a different story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OptionTrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been an avid F1 fan for the past 30 years traveling all over the world to watch the races and I have never been as disgusted with it as I have the last few years, particularly this year. Too many rule changes (the excuse being cost reduction, safety reasons I'm OK with) and the cars are progressing towards a spec car. There's already too many series that have spec cars. The entire McLaren-Ferrari scandal pissed me off as well.

If Hamilton wins the championship, F1 got exactly what it wanted all year.

I'm finally done with it.

Please elucidate respectively as to why Hamilton has been 'favoured' and why FIA wants Hamilton to win? The word 'atrocity' is incredibly strong and utterly inappropriate for the safety car incident.

FIA founded in favour of Ferrari, it seems that Alonso tried to blackmail McLaren prompting Ron Dennis to self-implicate the team and it seems that Hamilton has simply been more consistent and faster than Alonso. Raikkonen is an extremely talented driver (as all the top four are), his driving in the last two races is deserving of the title if that is the final championship result.

Whether Hamilton wins the championship or not I for one find his performance this year remarkable for a rookie and his racing potential exciting. If he remains motivated and unshackled by F1 politics then I would expect him to be World Champion at some stage.

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #37 of 39
It was an enjoyable race, though I had to watch the speed tv time shifted broadcast, so the commentary wasn't as good as the ITV version. It was funny how Hamilton managed to retire himself in the pit lane of all places, and not on some treacherous corner
biggrin.gif
. It just adds to the excitement however, it's the first time in 21 or so years that 3 drivers are competing for the championship!

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #38 of 39
im not going to drop in to a mudfight here, but hamilton did NOT keep the safty distance with safty car, he had to use a harsh manuver to not crash in to it or pass it, that putt vettel and kubica in to quite a spot, the fact that he was not penalised for that, or for blocking alonso in pits a few laps before, may i remind you that when hamilton complained that alonso blocked him, alonso gut trown back 10 spots on the grid, when hamilton is actually shown of video to have acted in a fashion NOT becoming a formula 1 pilot, he gets a pat on the head, its a joke,

as for the ferrari vs McLaren, theres was some dirty business going on, and after Mclaren was let off the hook the first time, barnie intervened to reopen, and basicly said "fry Mclaren" hamilton was not touch, but alonso was told that Mclaren was going to lose all the points, he can either come and testify and keep his or lose them aswell,

hamilton on the other hand, once again untouched, for some reason, official line is that his points were spared after a "moving argument from his lawyer", BS...

i dont really care now if alonso wins, i even prefer kimmi to hamilton at this point, if hamilton wins the championship, its basicly a show that the pilots talent has no say in the championship, the winner is actually the guy who the FiA like the most,

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im not going to drop in to a mudfight here, but hamilton did NOT keep the safty distance with safty car, he had to use a harsh manuver to not crash in to it or pass it, that putt vettel and kubica in to quite a spot, the fact that he was not penalised for that, or for blocking alonso in pits a few laps before, may i remind you that when hamilton complained that alonso blocked him, alonso gut trown back 10 spots on the grid, when hamilton is actually shown of video to have acted in a fashion NOT becoming a formula 1 pilot, he gets a pat on the head, its a joke,

as for the ferrari vs McLaren, theres was some dirty business going on, and after Mclaren was let off the hook the first time, barnie intervened to reopen, and basicly said "fry Mclaren" hamilton was not touch, but alonso was told that Mclaren was going to lose all the points, he can either come and testify and keep his or lose them aswell,

hamilton on the other hand, once again untouched, for some reason, official line is that his points were spared after a "moving argument from his lawyer", BS...

i dont really care now if alonso wins, i even prefer kimmi to hamilton at this point, if hamilton wins the championship, its basicly a show that the pilots talent has no say in the championship, the winner is actually the guy who the FiA like the most,

No mudfight intended I just want to understand a different perspective on the whole matter.

Alonso was penalised 5 places in Hungary & it too was clear from TV pictures that he intentionally stayed in the pit 10 seconds after the lollypop lifted. If Hamilton disobeyed a radio instruction to let Alonso pass earlier in the session then perhaps I can understand the 'revenge' response by Alonso. It should be noted that Hamilton set the two fastest times of all qualifying, in Q1 & Q2. It was clear from the last two races that there was a good chance that he would have gone quicker again in Q3 given the opportunity.

I believe that all the top drivers (championship contenders) are of singular mind and understand the mental discipline and psychological warfare that accompanies the 'basic' requirement of having raw pace and racecraft. I just do not believe that we can get through the whole season without the fastest & most talented drivers coming to the top of the pile if the cars are competitive & reliable. It would just be a whole lot more enjoyable as a fan and spectator to get there without all the political, dirty, BS.

It would seem Alonso was called to testify as a result of the 'blackmail' attempt, both drivers testified and both kept their points. If true then Alonso knew of the Ferrari information (it was primarily email communication between Alonso & Pedro de la Rosa that proved damning), was prepared to benefit from it and then use it as leverage against his team for not being treated as the number one driver. You prove yourself number one at a team by driving faster and more consistently than your team-mate, something Alonso has not done this season.

As for Kimi, he seemed to 'wake up' half way through the season and has put himself in a great position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back