Extremely Limited 64 Audio x iFi Audio collaboration for Robb Report
Dec 2, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #17 of 39
Well they've been testing the waters over the past years, on how much are consumers willing to pay for stuff like this

So far they have yet to touch the ceiling
I agree. Well spotted.

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #18 of 39
This is a joke!! And pathetic.

For 6k you can get a better iem than the outdated and overpriced A18t and iFi.

Eg, Shanling H7 for 830 USD
https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti.../shanling-h7-high-end-portable-dac-amp-player

You can get Aroma FEI WAN 4688 USD https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/aroma/products/aroma-audio-fei-wan

If we assume 10% tax, this combo hits 6k.

In fact guys, list a combo that you think is better than this Robb Report joke.

64 Audio was so 2019 =) The only reason I haven't sold my a18t and a12t is because they are CIEM and I love the graphic I picked on the shell.

The a18t is Alvin from the chipmunks as my first name is Alvin. All those years of being teased as a kid! The a12t is a picture of two memorable snowboard trips (hakuba japan and first time being able to go on a real run in whistler with my son who was 6 at the time)

Attachments

• IMG_3644.jpeg
    IMG_3644.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3645.jpeg
    IMG_3645.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 3, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #19 of 39
You will notice, many of us calling foul on this 'Robb Report' edition own gear that are multiples more than the 6k MSRP of this set. As someone who can afford this, I will level with you.

Do not be so short sighted with this comment. There are quite a few of us here who are in the luxury segment as well. Several headfi'ers including myself have purchased Cayin Amber Pearl Combo which costs 13k, which is double the price of this so called 'luxury gear'. Amber Pearl Combo has brand new technologies, luxury materials and innovation. Bone Conduction, Titanium, Cholla 3D printed IEMs, Dual Tube circuits, Hyper Mode w/ Super Capacitor etc...

Please, rationalize to us the 6k charge for the A18t IEM which was 20% off during Black Friday and the iFi gear, which clearly resonates luxury. Or is it the gold plaque which adds luxury and performance to the Diablo. I'm confused 🤣

It is insulting to the consumer to charge flagship money for outdated and frankly unremarkable gear. Any poor soul who reads Robb Report and doesn't read the forums here, will be "Robb'd'. Plain and simple!
No offense truly and thinking for myself - May be people willing to pay 13k for the N30LE + Amber Pearl is one of the reasons for such listings ?

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #20 of 39
No offense truly and thinking for myself - May be people willing to pay 13k for the N30LE + Amber Pearl is one of the reasons for such listings ?
As I mentioned in detail earlier, Amber Pearl combo includes new technologies, not an IEM which was 20% off Black Friday and was on the market for many years. Please compare both products, features and technologies in a matrix. Which one introduces more new tech? Which one is rated consistently as the best in its respective category? I owned the best gear and can also testify to this. Where is the new engineering in A18t? A minor change in Diablo merits flagship price?

Charge flagship prices, bring flagship performance. The price ceiling on ‘flagship’ is a sad state of affairs, but I want the best as some others do in this hobby. I’m not willing to create a company and compete (it takes no skill to whine and complain about high prices). So I will accept such cost for ‘the best’, as long as it is truly the best (to me).

Read up on Amber Pearl Combo, then read up on ‘Robb Report’ Edition. One of these products is engineered at the bleeding edge of performance. The other has a gold plaque, intended to profit off of uninformed consumers. Like a sleazy car dealership.

If 64Audio created a brand new IEM, representing the future generation of iems, and iFi had a new product (or even existing retuned one) for such an iem then this would be palatable. Such an exercise would be an engineering showcase, albeit expensive but at least genuine attempt in creating the best.

Think about the intents of both products (Amber Pearl and Robb Report) yourself and arrive at your own conclusion. 👍

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #21 of 39

I don’t think it’s the pricing behind it that makes it ridiculous. At the end of the day, I’m not here to judge how much someone spends.

It is more about the crazy marketing for something that barely has any new engineering.

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #23 of 39
Thats one expensive plaque.
A18T $2,999
Diablo 2- $1,299
= $4,298, Robb Report gold sticker plaque not included

Or you can get Robb ed with $6000 bundle with the plaque and capacitors

Also recent BF sale was 20% off all clear CIEMs or free customisations!

How did we enable this kind of pricing...

I was going to suggest the Robb Report reader is not your typical head-fier but this topic was posted so maybe there is crossover :)

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #24 of 39
This whole limited edition thing does feel like a pretty transparent total greed money grab just utilizing the absolute worst facets of exploitative consumerism.

Dec 4, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #26 of 39
Dec 5, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #28 of 39
oh lord, what have we done to enable this pricing... we are seeing new ceilings being created now, companies going well they paid 2000$ last year, I'm sure they can stretch a little further this year.

Dec 5, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #29 of 39
This is a joke!! And pathetic.

For 6k you can get a better iem than the outdated and overpriced A18t and iFi.

Eg, Shanling H7 for 830 USD
https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti.../shanling-h7-high-end-portable-dac-amp-player

You can get Aroma FEI WAN 4688 USD https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/aroma/products/aroma-audio-fei-wan

If we assume 10% tax, this combo hits 6k.

In fact guys, list a combo that you think is better than this Robb Report joke.
I completely agree. This is a total joke 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back