Extremeheadphone, anyone ?
Nov 28, 2007 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 10
i see that only 2 lines of em + one Noise cancelling portable cans...so, my question is "Are they good ?!"
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 10
I picked up a pair of EX-29's at that auction site a while back. They were very poorly listed (title said "headphones" and nothing else) so i got them very cheaply. I am 100% certain they are not fakes.

They sound terrible. The isolation is good but there is nothing else to recommend them.

They look suspiciously like someone glued headphone drivers into cheap ear protectors because that's precisely what they did.

I posted a brief review here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/dir...s-pics-248175/

These $10 hearing protectors look awfully similar, no?

29dB THUNDER Hearing Protectors New Howard Leicht

And i feel i need to repeat my earlier recommendation - they are terrible. Do not buy them. Worst $80 Headphones Ever.

Nov 29, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #7 of 10
oh my...

Brand New • Howard Leicht 29dB THUNDER Hearing Protectors • Made in Switzerland • Foam Vinyl Cushions • Soft Padded HeadBand • Extra Long HeadBand • ONE SIZE FITS ALL • Unique Compact Fold For Storage • BEST BUY IN USA! Reg. $29.95!!

HOW29pad $9.99

then, definitely not worth then...
mad.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 10
Haha, funny you brought up the thunder hearing protectors; they have a DIY sealing-cans thing on the instructables site using small headphone drivers. I imagine one could do a half-decent job if it didn't look so ghetto.

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #10 of 10
My old college roommate used to have a pair of those. He walked around campus with those on, with white noise playing on his iPod shuffle so no one could talk to him. They broke, and I convinced him to get some Senn HD280Pros, so now he listens to his white noise through those. Eccentric guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back