Extending the pads on a Sennheiser HD595?
Jun 29, 2010 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gsilver

100+ Head-Fier
Apparently I'm a freak of nature or something, but there isn't quite enough clearance for my ears in the HD595s (lightly touching the back of the headphones). It's somewhat distracting and fatiguing over time.

Does anyone know of a place I could buy larger pads that will fit the phones, or any simple DIY modification?

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 5
What is this?! None answered his question, and when I was looking for the same answer I found this thread. Same problem, tips?

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #3 of 5
I've had the same problem for a while now, I've just put up with it. Its that stupid little ridge inside the headphone, the edge of my ear is always scraping it

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 5
The most common modification used with other headphones to extend the depth of the ear pads is to put something directly under the pads that puffs them up higher. I've used cut up pieces of foam that was used as packing material - and cut up pieces of 6mm tubing that's used in aquariums. I've read of others using tissue paper. Cut up pieces of any cleaning pad should work too. The idea is to create more clearance for your ears while minimizing any negative (effect) to the sound. Some have reported preferring the sound after the modification.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back