eXStata DIY Electrostatic Amp for Intermediate DIYers
Dec 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #1,591 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sure, I can post a circuit. It will be a day or so, today is my 4-year olds much anticipated birthday party, so I'm otherwise consumed.
smile_phones.gif
I hope he likes JFETs!

It's all in the presentation!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My son turned 4 in early October. Tell him daddy's friends said Happy Birthday.

You know, the Cavalli Audio logo on the top of a 9" round cake would look awesome!

That's what I'm talkin' bout!

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #1,592 of 2,970
Quote:

sure, I can post a circuit. It will be a day or so, today is my 4-year olds much anticipated birthday party, so I'm otherwise consumed.
smile_phones.gif
I hope he likes JFETs!

No rush at all
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #1,593 of 2,970
Quote:

smile_phones.gif
I hope he likes JFETs!

They look quite nice strewn across cakes!
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #1,597 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by looser101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have access to a vise... find a piece of rod that will go in the top side of the heatsink pin hole with a little bit sticking out. Put a piece of wood with a hole on the other side where the pin sticks out. Tighten the vise to push the pin out by the pushing force on the rod you inserted. If you can't find something suitable to use as a rod you can try and find a couple largish finishing nails with the appropriate diameter (cut off the heads and file ends flat) and just stick 2 down the hole.

Worked a treat - thanks! I used "common 3d" nails (37mm long, 2mm wide), cut to the appropriate length. Heatsinks are now all tapped and ready to go
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #1,598 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Worked a treat - thanks! I used "common 3d" nails (37mm long, 2mm wide), cut to the appropriate length. Heatsinks are now all tapped and ready to go
smily_headphones1.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #1,599 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want your amp in my proto case, (IOW wait a bit for the input select) you can listen tomorrow
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't mind waiting a little longer.
redface.gif

I also still owe you for the case and input selector, (and case, resistors/caps, etc for the Corda Cross)...

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #1,600 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mind waiting a little longer.
redface.gif

I also still owe you for the case and input selector, (and case, resistors/caps, etc for the Corda Cross)...

I know you're good for it. I really want you to hear this amp though. I could loan you Sherwood's while I finish yours.
icon10.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #1,601 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know you're good for it. I really want you to hear this amp though. I could loan you Sherwood's while I finish yours.
icon10.gif

I shall not incur the wrath of Sherwood by pillaging his gear.
ph34r.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #1,602 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I shall not incur the wrath of Sherwood by pillaging his gear.
ph34r.gif

He hasn't been beating down my door for this. Although judging from how long he hung on to my proto - I think you might have a point.
icon10.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #1,603 of 2,970
I finished populating my hybrid amp boards today so with a little luck I'll get to work on air wiring the whole thing this week for some additional testing and chassis layout work.

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #1,604 of 2,970
Finishing up my chasis work in the next couple of hours, then powering up. This is probably the most blinged eXStata to date, so, pics in just a bit. About $400 in parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back