eXStata DIY Electrostatic Amp for Intermediate DIYers
Apr 14, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #2,896 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by bidoux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I got a mail from Mouser. It seems I will get the P channel mosfets in June 29, 2010, the MPSA42 in JUN 14, 2010 and a red Led in May.

I could have delete the MPSA42 and LED from the order as they are available in the local shop bbut the mos aren't. I guess I will wait until this summer.
triportsad.gif

Ask them to change the order.

Apr 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #2,897 of 2,970
And. any P and N mosfets will work if they are 400-500V in a TO220 package.

You might find the MPSA42 from another manufacturer on Mouser.

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #2,898 of 2,970
Thank you HeadphoneAddict and runeight for your answers.

I am going to try to change the order of the MPSA transistors and the LED, it seems that I ordered the only kind of MPSA42 that are out of stock
icon10.gif

I found this mosfet to replace the FQP3P50: 726-IPA50R399CP (IPA50R399CP) (among a lot of others), it is rated at 500V and 9A and has the same pinout.

Edit : I sent an email to Mouser, I hope they will modify my order as soon as possible.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #2,899 of 2,970
Been trying to get this new exstata PSU board to come up right this morning.

So far, the negative rail seems to be working perfectly. Dials up to -292V on power up with T3-T4 at 360-365mV. LED comes on okay..the rail starts moving towards -300V quickly

The positive rail however starts up at 292V..and moves to 296V quickly and then slows down a bit. I have T1-T2 at 370mV.

But the LED doesn't come on on the positive rails. I checked the LED with my meter and it lights up (albeit very dim). Anyone have any ideas as to what might be happening on the positive rails? Why isn't the LED coming on?

Is it okay to proceed regardless? I am using the basic PSU with the resistors in lieu of the CRDs.

Apr 17, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #2,902 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will test and see if my 5th build works or not in a little bit. There is still a 6th build that needs testing as well this weekend
angry_face.gif

Who are you building all of these for? There were plenty of DIYers who would have loved to build one of these
mad.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #2,905 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sachu, you indeed are amazing. Don't you have a real job?
biggrin.gif

Heh...am graduating soon..so have started looking for a real job actively. Last term stuff, job hunting.. that itself is like a bloody full time job and more
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #2,906 of 2,970
Good luck to you, man. I am sure you will find it, even if it takes time.
The economy is slowly improving and hopefully jobs will follow. My apologies. Poor choice of words.

Apr 18, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #2,907 of 2,970
In regards to Beefy's inquiry above, Sachu is helping by casing up my SS eXStatA and completing my luvdunhill attenuator that had missing parts. At first he refused to consider this if it would jeopardize his standing at head-fi, and he wanted to consult with Jude about what he needed to do to stay safe first (whatever was decided was between them). I got the stuffed SS boards that Alex Cavalli built for testing, since Wiatrob has been working on my hybrid for 5 months and may not be able to finish. I don't know what I would do without his help in acquiring the parts for me that I was missing and casing it up. He's been very generous with his time and I thank him.

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #2,908 of 2,970
Well I'm really hapy with my SS build. Does anyone have a spare set of Hybrid boards they would be willing sell me? I have the components for it and am VERY curious to compare the two different versions.

Apr 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #2,909 of 2,970
Nate, anything on Hopstretch's unit?

Frank, Mouser order will be in tomorrow (about 75% complete)... if I could only find that bag if Thermasil pads <grrrrrr>.

Larry, what all needs to be done on your Hybrid?

Apr 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #2,910 of 2,970
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nate, anything on Hopstretch's unit?

I finished the design of the back panel today, no kidding. Panels will be ordered before the end of the week and it is priority #1 on the bench right now. Knee surgery in late March (coupled with the injury that necessitated surgery) set me back a good 6 weeks on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back