eXStatA Build Thread II
Jan 4, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #571 of 588
So I'm the one who was fortunate to get this unit from loserica. As of now, I haven't touched the internal wiring of the amp yet. The amp is now functional with the SR-404LE despite not being rewired for 120v. Is there something I should worry about, as far as safety and performance go?

Jan 4, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #572 of 588
  So I'm the one who was fortunate to get this unit from loserica. As of now, I haven't touched the internal wiring of the amp yet. The amp is now functional with the SR-404LE despite not being rewired for 120v. Is there something I should worry about, as far as safety and performance go?

I think it is VERY important to set the proper voltage!! There is a risk of burn something using the 220V setting, instead of 110V!? Personal, I wouldn't risk using an improper voltage, I don't think it is safe.
rolleyes.gif

We waiting for other opinions. Thank you.

Jan 4, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #574 of 588
  Here is the wiring diagram.  Scroll down to 'Wiring Table' and study the 120VAC diagram.    http://www.hammondmfg.com/300series.htm

Separate the Brown and Black/Red wires. Tape the ends for safety.

Disconnect the Blue/Yellow wire from the power inlet. Tape the end for safety.

Connect the Blue and Black wires together, then connect the pair to the Line connection on the power inlet.

Disconnect the White wire from the power inlet and cut off the connector.

Connect the White and Brown wires together, then connect the pair to the Neutral connection on the power inlet.

Thanks funch. I changed the wiring with minimal issues. The amp is now functional at 120v.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #575 of 588
So I have been having a minor issue with the eXStatA and SR-404LE system and I hope I can find an answer here (I'm still new to the e-stat world).
I normally have the source and the SR-404LE plugged prior to powering on. When I turn the switch, I hear a moderate screeching (more on the left driver) for 3-5 seconds before it dies down. I can hear music throughout the whole process. I'm wondering if it's an issue of my rewiring or my power condition. I'll take a picture and upload it when I get off work today.
When I searched eXStatA build thread in the past, there was one mention of the screeching issues but it doesn't seem like the origional poster posted an update.
Thanks a million.

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #579 of 588
I see. And by stabilize, do you mean for the amp to finish warming up?
I tried it that way today and there was no screeching but then I had some static from plugging in the earspeakers. I guess I can't win it all.

Oct 28, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #585 of 588
  HI!
Where is source of PCB for this amp?
Or maybe pcb design?
Interesting to build.

I have the first hybrid eXStatA amp that wiatrob built as a prototype, but with newer boards.  It's mention in this thread, and should have pics here (dual volume controls, XLR and RCA input, normal and pro bias jacks).  

The issue is that something happened to the PSU and it was rebuilt by a member here, but then the right channel went out two weeks later.  To replace the current amp boards I bought a complete set of new stuffed hybrid boards a few years ago from another forum member, but I never found the time to install them.

I'd be happy to consider selling the amp as is, and all you have to do is remove the current amp boards and install the new ones.  PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back