Explain your avatar
Dec 19, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #601 of 3,006

Quote:
Ah, Pokemon.  One of my childhood favorites!  Though, I found Digimon to be a better show.

Digimon was/is the better show, but I think from a child & hardcore fans standpoint, Pokemon will always have a place in my heart. It's one of the most addicting and most time consuming games that I have ever played. While the shows of Pokemon were okay, the games beat them out tenfold. I remember playing Red, then saving up for both Gold & Silver, and getting a SP for my B-Day and buying Emerald, Ruby, & Sapphire. Now, after 6 years of quitting, I'm back on it again and saving up for a DS. I have a lot of catching up to do!

EDIT: Just decided to change my avatar to a Rayquaza, one of my favorite legendary Pokemon that I ever had in my party on Emerald. Help me go through the Elite Four hundreds of times.

Dec 19, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #602 of 3,006
Man, were the Pokemon games great!  I remember bringing my copy of Red to school to trade for different pokemon and to battle.  Remember the missingo items glitch?  Good times.

Dec 19, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #603 of 3,006

Quote:
Man, were the Pokemon games great!  I remember bringing my copy of Red to school to trade for different pokemon and to battle.  Remember the missingo items glitch?  Good times.

Oh yes. I totally remember those glitches. I used to have a Gameshark because of the fact that a lot of the legendaries weren't available in game, you had to go to a Nintendo event and get a Mystic Ticket or one of those social items. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #604 of 3,006

Quote:
I don't play Yu Gi Oh anymore, but I still play Pokemon. I'm 16.... I played it up until about 10, and then I heard some of my friends still played it, and while I have yet to get my SP fixed, I decided to try this for the time being:

Heh, I just downloaded Pokemon emerald on my computer few days ago. When I still had my SP, I used to play it like 6hrs per day...with my Portapros -> hifi pokemon sounds!
L3000.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #605 of 3,006

Quote:
Heh, I just downloaded Pokemon emerald on my computer few days ago. When I still had my SP, I used to play it like 6hrs per day...with my Portapros -> hifi pokemon sounds!
L3000.gif

Very awesome! Trust me, If my SP was still working then I'd be playing non stop for the rest of Christmas. I actually prefer it on my computer more. All my hard work can then be backed up onto a hard drive. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #606 of 3,006
PC emulation, keeping the nostalgia feeling strong!  And really, what can beat the great games of yesteryear?

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #607 of 3,006

Quote:
PC emulation, keeping the nostalgia feeling strong!  And really, what can beat the great games of yesteryear?

I don't have PC emulation, I run VBA off my Mac and it works absolutely perfectly. I had beaten all my past games several times already. And recently, I found a little emulator called NoGBA that runs on the PC but was hacked with Wine so it runs on the Mac just fine. It can now emulate all of the DS rome at full speed, not half speed like some of the others that I have seen. I would pay for the games like I'm supposed to, but I only play when I want a good feeling of nostalgia.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #609 of 3,006

Quote:
I just wanted a good pic of anime headphones. this one was one of the best i could find :/

I was considering going for an anime avatar, but like you said, i couldn't really find any that were too my liking, so I stuck with a Rayquaza, one of my favorite legendary pokemon growing up as a kid. This one with a Sennhesier HD650 was my favorite, but to be completely honest, it doesn't look very Sennhesier like at all.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #610 of 3,006

Quote:
I was considering going for an anime avatar, but like you said, i couldn't really find any that were too my liking, so I stuck with a Rayquaza, one of my favorite legendary pokemon growing up as a kid. This one with a Sennhesier HD650 was my favorite, but to be completely honest, it doesn't look very Sennhesier like at all.

I was going to go with a pic of henrietta from gun slinger girls

i was gonna crop it..but then i thought. this is an audiophile forum. so i went with the other one after looking around a bit more :)

the overal shape of those headphones in ur pic don't look like sennheisers. but the oval mesh on the sides of the headphones do give away that it is supposed to be one

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #611 of 3,006
Dec 19, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #612 of 3,006

Quote:
There's tons in here.

yeah i know, the ones i found were like that. if you look though my avatars on my profile page. you will see one, a girl with ultrasones(why i got it)....she looked a little too....umm ya know (family forum) and...just really got me going......ummm yeah every time i saw it, it just wasn't me so i took it off. cropped this current avatar and put it on

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #613 of 3,006

Quote:
There's tons in here.

Very nice find, I really like the AKG K1000 one. I was going to go ahead and use the HD650 avatar (since it's one of my favorite headphones of all time), but then I realized that another member already had that as his/her avatar, unfortunately. Finders weepers, looser weepers. Or in this case, you snooze, you loose.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #615 of 3,006

Quote:
yeah i know, the ones i found were like that. if you look though my avatars on my profile page. you will see one, a girl with ultrasones(why i got it)....she looked a little too....umm ya know (family forum) and...just really got me going......ummm yeah every time i saw it, it just wasn't me so i took it off. cropped this current avatar and put it on

Bowei, your avatar looks very cool.  Its got a dynamic feel to it along with a nice coloring shade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back