Expert Advice Solicited.....Pls HElp!
Mar 5, 2006 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ckhurana

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

I stumbled on this forum while searching for reviews on headphones. I am writing in from INDIA. I have a RIO Cali MP3 player. Well, the ear buds (over the ear types) which came with this are slowly giving up!

The left ear bud buzzes on mid-bass tones. I feel it like a vibration inside the ear. If anyone has any idea about getting this problem solved pls do pitch in with your suggestions!

Also, the worst case scenario is that I get a pair of new phones.

I had been scouting around and got a look at Sony Sports Model MDR-J11G.

In the image supplied at sony's site, these seem to be good looking as well as much closer to my original phones which came with RIO.

I am writing in and Live in INDIA, New Delhi.

I would like a suggestion for the kind of ear-phones I should be looking for (pref an idea of the price, location or website would be GREAT!)

I specifically require in-the-ear types of phones, with an over-the-ear support, so that they don't fall off while running etc.

Pls have a look at the rio and sony images i have attached with this message
Guys pls do try and help me out!!

Thanks in anticipation!

C.K.

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 4
Sounds like the stock buds are giving up on you. You can check if there is any hair stuck in them, but chances are that there isn't (Grados rattle the same way from loose hairs stuck in the driver, but the driver being so small in the stock buds, it's unlikely). MY advice: don't get the Sony clip ons, they suck. Get the Koss KSC75s, best value for the money, but I'm not so sure if you can get them in India.

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:03 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
Sounds like the stock buds are giving up on you. You can check if there is any hair stuck in them, but chances are that there isn't (Grados rattle the same way from loose hairs stuck in the driver, but the driver being so small in the stock buds, it's unlikely). MY advice: don't get the Sony clip ons, they suck. Get the Koss KSC75s, best value for the money, but I'm not so sure if you can get them in India.

Thanks for the reply azncookiecutter!

But I would really like to have some kind of in-the-ear phones that I can use easily while joggin as also inside my bike helmet while travelling... maybe something else you suggest!

CK

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 4
The best value for good, satisfactory IEM sound is Etymotics ER-6i which can be found new on ebay for aprox $85 (or less as a used item, by sellers here).. Since they are worn inside the ear canal - no outside ear support is recommended while jogging or other ordinary exercise. Use with their (included) foam sleeves give bassier sound and immediate comfort....though after 1 hour use, a slight itch sensation is felt by some, and the ear may feel "overfull". The best solution is is to have a custom mold using them as a base.......always a good idea, but not absolutely necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back