Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Madchester, Ethereal Wave, etc.) Appreciation Thread
Jan 3, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #136 of 468
Zegunder were a little know duo from Israel who only made 2 albums (between 2003-2004) and imo are reminiscent of early Múm, Differnet,Slowdive and Ulrich Schnauss in that they blend syncopated electronic rhythms with dreamy gentle melodies (at times accompanied by the lovely female vocals of Daphne Haller).this track is from their second and final album 'Distant Birds? Thought They Were Leaves.. on the Neo Ouija imprint.

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #141 of 468
  loved these guys from the first time i heard 'The Unguarded Moment' many many years ago and was fortunate enough to see them live on their US Tour for Starfish.

loved these guys from the first time i heard 'The Unguarded Moment' many many years ago and was fortunate enough to see them live on their US Tour for Star

incredible live band.
for a rough american counterpart, check out for against or the feelies

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #142 of 468
Back in college days I had a friend who was nuts about The Church! He was always playing Of Skins and Heart. I find them a bit too 'easy listening' personally - prefer their early stuff, but it's still a bit nice and inoffensive 
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #148 of 468
I apogize for the lack of attention ive showed this thread lately. But what in ear monitor sound signature do you guys prefer for this type of music?

Apology accepted 
biggrin.gif
 I don't use IEMs myself - looks like loomis does though!

I see you've changed the thread title again - it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does it? 
wink_face.gif

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #149 of 468
Apology accepted :D  I don't use IEMs myself - looks like loomis does though!

I see you've changed the thread title again - it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does it? :wink_face:  

Haha it doesnt i know. I just wish there was a word that would describe the 50% of rock music im trying to state. From my description it would be called "Alternative Rock". Not from the late 80s to modern era music phenomenon but the literal and technical sense of the word "Alternative".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back