1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Madchester, Ethereal Wave, etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by larethio, May 5, 2016.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. xylin6
    Zegunder were a little know duo from Israel who only made 2 albums (between 2003-2004) and imo are reminiscent of early Múm, Differnet,Slowdive and Ulrich Schnauss in that they blend syncopated electronic rhythms with dreamy gentle melodies (at times accompanied by the lovely female vocals of Daphne Haller).this track is from their second and final album 'Distant Birds? Thought They Were Leaves.. on the Neo Ouija imprint.
    Zegunder2004.jpg

2. xylin6
    Mark,Reg and co.
    chameleons-strange_times1400.jpg

TexasBuck and WraithApe like this.
  3. WraithApe

Scott Walker - Scott

The Walker Brothers - Nite Flights

Scott Walker - The Drift

xylin6 likes this.
  4. WraithApe

Paul Banks - Julian Plenti Lives...

5. xylin6
    loved these guys from the first time i heard 'The Unguarded Moment' many many years ago and was fortunate enough to see them live on their US Tour for Starfish.

TexasBuck likes this.
  6. loomisjohnson

incredible live band.
    for a rough american counterpart, check out for against or the feelies

xylin6 likes this.
  7. WraithApe
    Back in college days I had a friend who was nuts about The Church! He was always playing Of Skins and Heart. I find them a bit too 'easy listening' personally - prefer their early stuff, but it's still a bit nice and inoffensive [​IMG] 

8. xylin6
    really glad I got to see Opal play live (in a little dive in Los Angeles in 1985)  before Kendra Smith departed and the band evolved into Mazzy Star.

9. WraithApe

Modern English - Gathering Dust

10. WraithApe

Clock DVA - Thirst

11. loomisjohnson
    bark psychosis---hex

12. Larethio
    I apogize for the lack of attention ive showed this thread lately. But what in ear monitor sound signature do you guys prefer for this type of music?

13. WraithApe

Apology accepted [​IMG] I don't use IEMs myself - looks like loomis does though!

I see you've changed the thread title again - it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does it? [​IMG] 

14. Larethio

Haha it doesnt i know. I just wish there was a word that would describe the 50% of rock music im trying to state. From my description it would be called "Alternative Rock". Not from the late 80s to modern era music phenomenon but the literal and technical sense of the word "Alternative".

15. Larethio

Ooooh The Church. Great example of Neo-Psychadelia goodness.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last