Experience with UE (now Logitech)
Nov 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kd1ct

New Head-Fier
This is my first post so if I have done it wrong or to the wrong forum I would appreciate guidance on how to do this better.
I thought my experience might be helpful for others.
In 2008 (yes, that is a long time ago) I purchased a pair of UE In-Ear Monitors and until last month they performed
well and without issue.  But last month the left channel stopped working completely.  I tried cleaning and a little bit
of tampering all without success.
I tried to find UE but apparently they were purchased by Logitech so I called "Customer Service" and was told I needed
to submit a copy of my invoice for "warranty work."  I advised them that they did not qualify for warranty work; I wanted
to have them repaired.  No invoice no nada.
So I searched and searched and actually found a the invoice and sent it along to Logitech.  They responded that I needed
to call Customer Service which I did.  Spoke with someone who told me that they only did warranty work.  I told them that
their products were disposable since they were not repairable.  "Too bad" I was told.
So I called back and spoke with a supervisor who reinterated the party line.  In desperation I called corporate hq and
left a message and my call was returned.  I spoke with the gentleman who related my experience with Grado.  I had 
purchased Grado phones for my daughter sometime ago and they failed.  When I called Grado they advised me to
pack them well, send them in, and for a reasonable fee (turned out to be $35) they would repair them.  They are almost
as good as new.
The Corporate fellow at Logitech told me their policy was after the warranty ends they want nothing further to do
with the product.
I find this disturbing and just thought I would share my experience with the multitude.
Again, if I have posted this incorrectly please let me know so if I ever post again I will do it better.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Yep, logitech isn't exactly known for good customer service these days. Sad and one of the reasons I've stayed away from their products. All you can do is let people know and stay away from their products too.

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't usually bash customer service, because I understand that entry level employees are often overworked and underpaid, but UE/Logitech customer service is ridiculous.  

I ordered a pair of UE9000s from their website, upon delivery I discovered the right ear cup was defective and 70% of the volume of the left (with multiple sources, wired/wireless, etc).  I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them going through pointless troubleshooting, after I told them I had completed the steps already.  They promised me a pre-paid shipping label within 24-hours.

Two days later, no shipping label.  One week later and 3 calls later... no shipping label.  This is the last time I purchase directly from a manufacturer (especially Logitech/UE); the service I get from Amazon or reputable retailers like Earphone Solutions is priceless. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 6
Yes the customer service from UE is very good. I can't say anything about logitech as I've never had to deal with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back