experience with Cattylink?
Jul 14, 2007 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Letsrock

New Head-Fier
Hi all, due to fact that I will be a father in less than 5 weeks, I have been searching for an alternative to enjoy music other than just relying on my system. A headphone amp with a pair of reasonable headphones became the obvious solution. I had the opportunity to pick up a pair of K701, still burning in after 10 days, and have been trying to order a Doge 6210 from www.cattylink.com in Hong Kong. As I am living in Hong kong, I thought it would be as easy as finding a Starbucks for an espresso but no, after 10 messages and 2 emails over the past week, still no replies from Snowy.
mad.gif
That leaves me with no other option but to get a Little Dot Mk VI SE instead.

Anyone heard anything from that shop over the past 7 days? Thanks,

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 9
Letsrock,

Welcome to Head-Fi & congratulations on becoming a Dad.

Getting in contact with Cattylink seems to be hit or miss. If memory serves me correct, they operate out of the Shun Tak Centre in Sheng Wan. Like your experience, calls to them and/or messages left with them have gone unanswered. Not sure if they are strictly export and won't deal with locals
confused.gif
?

There's a fellow HeadFier, DrAurtherWells, whom seems to have a great deal of knowledge about the Doge and dealing with Cattylink - perhaps PM-ing him might help?

Good luck and hope that you somehow make contact.

Cheers,
Garry

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 9
I purchased an E-Sound Signature cdp from them a few month ago and found their communications top class, very quick and helpful.
They shipped when they said they would and had no problems what so ever but I know from other threads than not everyone has had the same experience.

I have occassionally had mail problems with US suppliers and wonder if spam blockers and other anti virus programs have been the cause.

Jul 15, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 9
Thanks Garry ans Tuatara for you replies. Unfortunately my first post is not a very +vs one. I have learned a lot from this forum, and It was this forum who helped me to come up with the decision on the 701K and 6210.
At least now I know that I am not the only one. Just got a reply Snowy that he is in charge of the international sales, not local. While I noticed that their Chinese website hasn't been update since Nov 2003.
Anyway, Cattylink is the only place that I could find that carries Doge 6210. I will try my luck with Snowy if he can help me with it or not. I will also try DrAurtherWells like what Garry suggested. Thanks again guys.

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #5 of 9
I too have problems with Cattylink when I tried to acquire a Julida Headphone amp back some 6 months ago. At that time I was told the key person in charge was sick and therefore communication have come to a standstill. I did try to call and leave message but no one called back. So, at the end, I just dropped the idea.

Looking back, it seems that Cattylink is "export" oriented, which means the whole setup is gear towards overseas sales, and local sales (I am from Hong Kong) is probably not their cup of tea. They do have an addressed (in Chinese) posted at their website, but I didn't attempt to pay them a visit. May be I should.

Nontheless, Cattylink seems to have built up a good reputation to overseas buyers. But the local business may be another story.

F. Lo

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 9
I would love get a report about their location. Perhaps they make a bit more of a mark up when they export, but I would imagine it would be easy for them to also accept local sales.

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #8 of 9
They do have the office address named in their website, near the top.

It is interesting to note that the English version of the site has been updated all the time, whereas the Chinese version still contains "news" dated back to 2003. That will say something about their target clients.

FWIW.
F. Lo

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #9 of 9
I am now communicating with Snowy who is taking care of their international sales. Not sure if he can help me to get one in Hong Kong. If not, then I guess I have to go with Little Dot instead. I was tempted to visit their office but I just don't want to get there and find out no one actually works there. Anyway, thanks again for your feedbacks. If you have experience with the Little Dot MkIV SE with 701K, please share that with us. cheers,
Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back