Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Dec 5, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #2,026 of 2,317
Never ending question: ie900 or ie600? Which one is more clear and more detailed and better sounding?i am mostly listening instrumental music, jazz, blues and pop. I own focal clear mg and i like the sound from them. Enough of clues i guess.Thanks in advance..
The 900s has the edge over details and soundstage, never heard the Focal Clear MG so i can't comment. Overall, including bass, tonality ... IE600 for me.

Dec 8, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #2,027 of 2,317
Hated the Senns eartips because they don't give me a good seal, even after multiple fiddling the seal doesn't stay in place when I walk.
All the tips i tried
- Tangzu sancai widebore
- Tangzu sancai regular
- Tangzu x Hbb Heyday regular stock eartips
- SpinFit CP100
- Final Audio Type E Eartips
- Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec

Ended up with Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec with the best seal and preferred sound quality. I'm not a bass-lite and treble frenzy so I'm ok without the reduction of treble energy with the stock tips.

Contemplating to get the Divinus Velvet for comfort.
For those looking for a better tips, look no further --->>> Just gotten the Divinus Velvet... my gawd.... Just get it!!!
Only downside is you need to use a bit of force and technique to circle the tips around the IEM inorder to get it to fit.

Perfect seal, super comfortable annd the SQ is just wow, you can literally feel the bass rumble, IU's vocals treble vibrate and then decay ... I sound ridiculous because it really sounds like that, I'm so impressed.

Dec 8, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #2,028 of 2,317
For those looking for a better tips, look no further --->>> Just gotten the Divinus Velvet... my gawd.... Just get it!!!
Only downside is you need to use a bit of force and technique to circle the tips around the IEM inorder to get it to fit.

Perfect seal, super comfortable annd the SQ is just wow, you can literally feel the bass rumble, IU's vocals treble vibrate and then decay ... I sound ridiculous because it really sounds like that, I'm so impressed.

I listened all day using my IE600 with the Velvet tips and Effect Audio Cadmus 4 wire cable off my iFi Diablo to a variety of suggested playlists off Tidal.

These were songs I didn’t know and I was just enjoying the music not waiting for certain parts to dissect the nuances of the sound. I thoroughly enjoyed the IE600 and with the Velvet tips and a nice aftermarket cable to replace the awful stock one they are fast becoming on of my favourite listens. Smooth, punchy but nuanced bass, crystalline clear mids and just enough sparkle in the treble, fantastic,

Dec 8, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #2,029 of 2,317
I listened all day using my IE600 with the Velvet tips and Effect Audio Cadmus 4 wire cable off my iFi Diablo to a variety of suggested playlists off Tidal.

These were songs I didn’t know and I was just enjoying the music not waiting for certain parts to dissect the nuances of the sound. I thoroughly enjoyed the IE600 and with the Velvet tips and a nice aftermarket cable to replace the awful stock one they are fast becoming on of my favourite listens. Smooth, punchy but nuanced bass, crystalline clear mids and just enough sparkle in the treble, fantastic,
Yeah aftermarket tips and cables really needed... but look at the price we pushed the IEMs, cables + tips probably add 40% - 50% of the IE600 ahha. No regrets though, the IE600 if you love treble energy is my end game non-custom IEM.

I'm running a pair of 4N Silver + 6N Copper litz from Gladiator cable, cost me upwards EUR257 incl tax/shipping.
On the go i'm running balanced out from SR35, at home PC Foobar2k Asio4all -> Denafrips Ares II -> Old but gold Ray Samuels Audio SR71-B.

I've barely touched my speakers for some time.

Dec 8, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #2,030 of 2,317
I got the XINHS 8 Core Pure Silver cable.

Best part is now it doesn’t feel so rigid around the ears. Snapped on easy enough. Looks ok. Bit amateurish construction, not saying it’s not quality. I’m not into cables, it reminds me of the Final Audio A5000 cable, but thicker. So far the Moondrop Kato cable has been my fave ever.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #2,031 of 2,317
I got the XINHS 8 Core Pure Silver cable.

Best part is now it doesn’t feel so rigid around the ears. Snapped on easy enough. Looks ok. Bit amateurish construction, not saying it’s not quality. I’m not into cables, it reminds me of the Final Audio A5000 cable, but thicker. So far the Moondrop Kato cable has been my fave ever.
^5, I also using the same cable for my ie 600. :)

Dec 9, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #2,032 of 2,317
One thing that helped persuade me to buy a good (i.e. relatively expensive) third party cable was the price that Sennheiser charge for a replacement cable - 129 UKP (c.160 USD converted) !!! I spent less and got a far better cable. Also, my Ethos cable was only 1/6 of the price of the IE600 so far from extravagant.

Just saying to those who are thinking about spending a bit on a cable, give it a try, it's worth it.

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #2,034 of 2,317
I notice no difference between the 11 dollar aliexpress cable and the Sennheiser cable. Not saying to contradict those who have experienced pricier cables which I have not. I sure would like to but that is my experience anyway.
Best thing about 3rd party cable is they definitely do not stick or lose signal like the stock sennheiser cables which irritate the crap out of me.

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #2,035 of 2,317
I notice no difference between the 11 dollar aliexpress cable and the Sennheiser cable. Not saying to contradict those who have experienced pricier cables which I have not. I sure would like to but that is my experience anyway.
Same experience as me. Had 3 3rd party cables for various connection reasons (balanced ect.) And not heard any difference in sound.

Dec 9, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #2,036 of 2,317

No difference in sound, I just hated the look and feel of the stock cable. I could not live with the memory wire earhooks.

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #2,037 of 2,317
One thing that helped persuade me to buy a good (i.e. relatively expensive) third party cable was the price that Sennheiser charge for a replacement cable - 129 UKP (c.160 USD converted) !!! I spent less and got a far better cable. Also, my Ethos cable was only 1/6 of the price of the IE600 so far from extravagant.

Just saying to those who are thinking about spending a bit on a cable, give it a try, it's worth it.

How is the feel of the ethos cable? Does it hold any kinks, supple, weight, etc maybe compared to original.

I ordered the tripowin mirage when I bought the ie600 last week on a great deal, but shipping of the cable is a few weeks away. Still contemplating the pricier 'upgrade' of NA ethos, despite owning the mirage for some other iems.

Still early days getting some hrs with these little metal nuggets

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #2,040 of 2,317
How is the feel of the ethos cable? Does it hold any kinks, supple, weight, etc maybe compared to original.
The two 'arms' that connect to the IEMs are very soft and comfortable, the main body of the cable slightly less so but still nice to the touch and the ear hooks are much better. It's very light, doesn't tend to tangle, there's no microphony and it's a pleasure to use.

The main thing for me was the sound. To me it felt like listening to speakers with curtains in front of them then drawing them back. The sound was cleaner, clearer, noticeably nicer than the stock cable. I'd only used cheap third party cables before but this was a definite improvement in every way. I was apprehensive about spending almost 100 UKP on a cable but I'm happy I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back