Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Nov 28, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #2,012 of 2,284
To my surprise the stock silicone tips is still prefer. Sounds good to me amongs i.e. Velvet, Spinfit CP100/145, Softears Clears... Biggest flaws is to get proper seal, I must re-insert IEMs sometimes 2-3 times :/

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #2,013 of 2,284
To my surprise the stock silicone tips is still prefer. Sounds good to me amongs i.e. Velvet, Spinfit CP100/145, Softears Clears... Biggest flaws is to get proper seal, I must re-insert IEMs sometimes 2-3 times :/

The biggest consideration is getting a good seal and none of the stock tips worked for me and that seems to be a not uncommon problem, in part due to the thin silicone that collapses and gives unreliable results like you describe, having to have several goes at getting them to seal properly.

Remember that the stock tips have a foam filter in them, that will cut the highs a little, that is what it is there for. If you use any other tips they are likely to have a sharper treble in the sibilance range versus the stock tips with the filter.

I have been listening to my IE600 for several hours with Velvet tips and a strip of micropore tape over part of the nozzle end and they sound fabulous, fast becoming one of my favourites out of my small collection.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #2,014 of 2,284
Hated the Senns eartips because they don't give me a good seal, even after multiple fiddling the seal doesn't stay in place when I walk.
All the tips i tried
- Tangzu sancai widebore
- Tangzu sancai regular
- Tangzu x Hbb Heyday regular stock eartips
- SpinFit CP100
- Final Audio Type E Eartips
- Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec

Ended up with Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec with the best seal and preferred sound quality. I'm not a bass-lite and treble frenzy so I'm ok without the reduction of treble energy with the stock tips.

Contemplating to get the Divinus Velvet for comfort.

Nov 29, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #2,015 of 2,284
Hated the Senns eartips because they don't give me a good seal, even after multiple fiddling the seal doesn't stay in place when I walk.
All the tips i tried
- Tangzu sancai widebore
- Tangzu sancai regular
- Tangzu x Hbb Heyday regular stock eartips
- SpinFit CP100
- Final Audio Type E Eartips
- Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec

Ended up with Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec with the best seal and preferred sound quality. I'm not a bass-lite and treble frenzy so I'm ok without the reduction of treble energy with the stock tips.

Contemplating to get the Divinus Velvet for comfort.

I quite liked the xelastec as well but I don’t like the sticky feel so preferred to go with the Divinus.

Dec 3, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #2,017 of 2,284
Ie600 is on my Christmas shopping list. I know that they’re very efficient and will likely sound excellent from most sources.

I already have iFi Gryphon but looking at potentially getting a small DAP for convenience. I do not need a very expensive DAP to maximize the SQ right? What is the best cost-performance DAP nowadays (for the ie600 specifically)?

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #2,018 of 2,284
Ie600 is on my Christmas shopping list. I know that they’re very efficient and will likely sound excellent from most sources.

I already have iFi Gryphon but looking at potentially getting a small DAP for convenience. I do not need a very expensive DAP to maximize the SQ right? What is the best cost-performance DAP nowadays (for the ie600 specifically)?

I don’t find the IE600 to be particularly efficient at all.

I can listen to them on my Gryphon at around 90 out of the 4.4mm and that is loud but not insanely so.

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #2,019 of 2,284
I don’t find the IE600 to be particularly efficient at all.

I can listen to them on my Gryphon at around 90 out of the 4.4mm and that is loud but not insanely so.
For single DD IMVHO those are quite efficient... U dont really need high gain to tighten low-end, like ie Xelento, Custom Art Go One or Softears Twilight.

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #2,022 of 2,284
Hi all,

I've searched but haven't found a cable with an online mic for the 600s.

Anyone here have any ideas or advice? I'm trying to attach the iems to a gaming controller.

Thanks for looking!

An XINHS cable with a microphone and MMCX would work, you just need to pop the little clear plastic discs off the MMCX connectors and they will fit the recess in the IE600.

I have done that with a normal cable from XINHS and the connection works perfectly, a slight gap but not bad.

I can post a picture of the connectors on the IE600 if you would like.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msKFuMy

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #2,023 of 2,284
Hi all,

I've searched but haven't found a cable with an online mic for the 600s.

Anyone here have any ideas or advice? I'm trying to attach the iems to a gaming controller.

Thanks for looking!

Null Audio makes one. I have it. I have it listed for sale with a set of IE900, but I could sell it separately if you are interested. Let me know. It's in the classifieds, just DM me.

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #2,024 of 2,284
Never ending question: ie900 or ie600? Which one is more clear and more detailed and better sounding?i am mostly listening instrumental music, jazz, blues and pop. I own focal clear mg and i like the sound from them. Enough of clues i guess.Thanks in advance..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back