Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Jun 14, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #1,726 of 2,233
Hi there! I was wondering how you did this mod? This was with the original silicone tips or the pro series silicon tips? I have some Symbio’s but they don’t quite fit right and I’m hoping learning how you did your mod will help me? I love the IE series but fit is STILL a problem for me.
I used the stock IE600 tips, not the Pro, for the mod. Then, I used these:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPvAbOM

Took out the orange foam pieces and put them into the stock silicone tips instead :)

Jun 14, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #1,728 of 2,233
Thanks for the response and the link.

Is this setup still working for you?
I have recently switched to the Sennheiser custom made tips (pilot project here in Germany) and haven’t looked back.

That said, if I didn’t have these, I would still use the modded ones, yes. They worked great for me.

Jun 15, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #1,729 of 2,233
I have recently switched to the Sennheiser custom made tips (pilot project here in Germany) and haven’t looked back.

That said, if I didn’t have these, I would still use the modded ones, yes. They worked great for me.
Nice.Did you roll them between your fingers first like with regular foam tips?

I wish we had that custom thing here in America. I’d LOVE something like that. :|

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #1,731 of 2,233
Thank you, rlw6534!! I appreciate it. Good news is I ordered a set of Comply foams last night and they just arrived. They are perfect and tame the initial issues I had with treble. I'll bookmark the link and grab some replacements when they're in stock.

Honestly, I was pretty happy that I was able to order the Comply tips. When I had my IE800s Comply wasn't available, so I got used to the silicone tips.
Which series of Comply tips did you get? The Comply website mentions the 200 series but I've found some other comments mentioning the 400 series for the IE 600.

Jun 19, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #1,732 of 2,233
Which series of Comply tips did you get? The Comply website mentions the 200 series but I've found some other comments mentioning the 400 series for the IE 600.
I went with the 200 series. They're working well. Tight on the stems. I'm working on sizing right now. For every other IEM I've owned, I typically use the mediums, but I'm getting a better seal and fit with the large on these IE600. Waiting right now to see if the large are too large over a long listening period.

Jun 21, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #1,733 of 2,233
Nice.Did you roll them between your fingers first like with regular foam tips?

I wish we had that custom thing here in America. I’d LOVE something like that. :|
No. They still „behave“ like regular silicone tips. The foam is just in the inside and does not really change its form or shape.

Jun 22, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #1,734 of 2,233
These IEMs always get my toes tapping!

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #1,735 of 2,233
Longtime fan of IE900, happy to have IE600 on board.

Impressions: IE900 but on a smaller scale, yet with its own unique flavour. Pairs well everything and anything, sounds great on all genres. What's not to love (apart from the stock cable)?

Enjoying a bit of Bush with the classic Acoustic Research AR-M2:

1130681.jpg

Jun 23, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #1,737 of 2,233
after all, the Ethos cable from NullAudio is hard, and with prolonged use, the cable presses on the ears
now I'm hoping for X Series Custom Cable from Plussound
I have purchased 3 different cables from Plussound, (I use X6 Series on my IE600s). Happy with all 3 of them.

A few weeks ago another one of my Plussound cables was being used with a 2.5mm to 4.5mm adaptor plugged into a BTR7 while walking the dogs. Returned to the car, sat down and the 2.5 mm connecter bent and snapped off. i sent an email to Christian, shipped them back and purchased a 4.5 mm connector and they updated the cable, quickly and reasonably priced

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #1,738 of 2,233
No. They still „behave“ like regular silicone tips. The foam is just in the inside and does not really change its form or shape.
Hey there. I just got the foam I’m today and put them on my large stock tips and the change in fit is dramatic. I’m going to try with the mediums but I think this is IT. THANK YOU for your suggestion about this. I really really appreciate it.

oh, quick question. Did you do match The foam size to the tip size or did you go up a size? Like large foam for a medium sized tip?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #1,739 of 2,233
I have purchased 3 different cables from Plussound, (I use X6 Series on my IE600s). Happy with all 3 of them.

A few weeks ago another one of my Plussound cables was being used with a 2.5mm to 4.5mm adaptor plugged into a BTR7 while walking the dogs. Returned to the car, sat down and the 2.5 mm connecter bent and snapped off. i sent an email to Christian, shipped them back and purchased a 4.5 mm connector and they updated the cable, quickly and reasonably priced
after the amazing experience with the Linum SuperBaX cable, I was no longer interested in thick cables, so I ordered an X Series Custom Cable, I hope it will be close to Linum in terms of ease of use

Jun 27, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #1,740 of 2,233
I have a decent fit with the stock silicone tips in large, but it takes a bit of repositioning to seal (I also need to have the tips in the extended position/further away from the driver).
I bought the Azla SednaEarfit standard in size L and while I can't have the tips site in the extended position like I can with the stock silicone tips, the SednaEarfit provides a pretty good seal on first insertion into my ear. My only qualm with them is that there's no filter, so earwax/dead skin can get close to the driver/nozzle.

I also bought the Comply 200 series in size large, which also fit well and provide pretty good isolation -- much better than the stock foam tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back