Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Feb 26, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #1,502 of 2,222
we hear a lot of complaints. is the problem with the iem just the mmcx connection or is there something more serious?
Yes, we hear (read) a lot of complains, because those that are happy (not only with IE600, but by design 🙂) are just enjoying the music, inserted of worrying or complaining about bad fit, useless tips, rigid ear-hooks, microphonic cable… They acquired IE600, somehow expecting those not to be perfect, and adjusted (changed tips, cables…) or returned them and moved on.

Those that are unhappy, will continue complaining, probably expecting Sennheiser to make a new version of IE600 that will be perfect. Sorry, it won’t happen… at least not for all at once. We're all different, with different expectations, requirements, use cases.

As for defective units, even NASA has some, and they're not producing for the masses 🤦‍♂️ . I doubt any reputable Sennheiser retailer will refuse replacing/fixing defective units.

I, for one, knew from the first IE600 pictures that I won't be using the cable (I prefer softer ear-hooks and straight jacks), but still got myself a pair and I'm enjoying it for close to 4 months, listening as I write. For me, there's no perfect cable, I'm just using those that are closest to my needs.

Feb 26, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #1,503 of 2,222
Yes, we hear (read) a lot of complains, because those that are happy (not only with IE600, but by design 🙂) are just enjoying the music, inserted of worrying or complaining about bad fit, useless tips, rigid ear-hooks, microphonic cable… They acquired IE600, somehow expecting those not to be perfect, and adjusted (changed tips, cables…) or returned them and moved on.

Those that are unhappy, will continue complaining, probably expecting Sennheiser to make a new version of IE600 that will be perfect. Sorry, it won’t happen… at least not for all at once. We're all different, with different expectations, requirements, use cases.

As for defective units, even NASA has some, and they're not producing for the masses 🤦‍♂️ . I doubt any reputable Sennheiser retailer will refuse replacing/fixing defective units.

I, for one, knew from the first IE600 pictures that I won't be using the cable (I prefer softer ear-hooks and straight jacks), but still got myself a pair and I'm enjoying it for close to 4 months, listening as I write. For me, there's no perfect cable, I'm just using those that are closest to my needs.
Agree with most of this but still microphonic cables could be avoided, I guess, and I don’t think that Sennheiser wouldn’t have been able to provide that (like Beyerdynamic e.g.).

People can still use any cable they want but since aftermarket cables are more limited than usual due to the recessed MMCX plug, a better standard cable would have been nice for many of us.

Other than that, the IE600 are great :)

Feb 26, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #1,504 of 2,222
Agree with most of this but still microphonic cables could be avoided, I guess, and I don’t think that Sennheiser wouldn’t have been able to provide that (like Beyerdynamic e.g.).

People can still use any cable they want but since aftermarket cables are more limited than usual due to the recessed MMCX plug, a better standard cable would have been nice for many of us.

Other than that, the IE600 are great :)
I personally have no problem with IE600 stock cable microphonics provided it's clipped to my shirt with the included clip. YMMV.

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #1,505 of 2,222

I think the issue is there aren't as many after market options because the cables are recessed so it is a pain in the butt to replace. For me getting the Ethos cable was nbd but for other people thats another 100ish dollars!

Feb 27, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #1,507 of 2,222
There

There are cheaper alternatives but it requires going AliExpress or eBay

I couldn't find anything that clearly stated that it worked with the recessed mmcx but perhaps I did not look closely enough.

Feb 27, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #1,509 of 2,222
On aliX the big seller's do Sennheiser mmcx (they call it that) but you have to ask them. CEMA, Xinhs and OpenHeart do. I got a Xinhs which is very good quality.

ah damn i wish someone had told me this before lmao

cucked again!

Feb 27, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #1,510 of 2,222
On aliX the big seller's do Sennheiser mmcx (they call it that) but you have to ask them. CEMA, Xinhs and OpenHeart do. I got a Xinhs which is very good quality.
Is there any particulars on which cable you got from them?

Feb 28, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #1,511 of 2,222
Is there any particulars on which cable you got from them?
Below is a pic of the cable I got. I went with a short 4 core copper cable with black hardware for use with my Qudelix (you can customize all aspects of the cable) and a long interconnect for DAP use. Cable has zero microphonics and memory, it is very soft however the 4 core copper is pretty thick. A bit thicker than I would have liked in hindsight. I got no ear hooks for this cable but have gotten ear hooks on my last Xinhs cable and they worked well enough. Total price was around $30 and it took about 2-3 weeks from order to door

Attachments

• PXL_20230125_225744667.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230125_225744667.MP.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 28, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,513 of 2,222
Below is a pic of the cable I got. I went with a short 4 core copper cable with black hardware for use with my Qudelix (you can customize all aspects of the cable) and a long interconnect for DAP use. Cable has zero microphonics and memory, it is very soft however the 4 core copper is pretty thick. A bit thicker than I would have liked in hindsight. I got no ear hooks for this cable but have gotten ear hooks on my last Xinhs cable and they worked well enough. Total price was around $30 and it took about 2-3 weeks from order to door
May I ask which tips these are on your picture?

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #1,514 of 2,222
:fingers_crossed:

I don't actually think in my case it's the connection and it's instead an issue with the IEM itself, I had the issue with the stock cable plus the custom one I got myself. Support was nice and responded quickly, however their suggestion to make a small modification to the stock cable did not resolve the issue for me. At the begining touching the IEM/connector once the IEM was in my ear also fixed the issue for me but it got way worse over the days. In the end I only could listen for 5 minutes before the sound cut out and it needed multiply tries before it worked again.

Customer support gave me the contact information for their service partner in my country, to make a claim, however I opted to return the product and reorder it again, since I think this is the faster solution. I'll give an update once the new pair arrives.
I had the same issue with my first pair and I also just returned them and bought a new pair. I havent had any issues with the new pair though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back