Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Feb 20, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #1,442 of 2,231
been listening to these for the past couple of hours. initial thoughts (similar to many here):
  • What is wrong with these cables? itʻs possibly the worst cables iʻve ever used on ANY headphone. the memory part around the ear barely works
  • the connector to the cable isnʻt strong enough. my 3.5mm pair snaps off quite easily so i canʻt remove them without detaching the cable from the housing
  • the ear tips are useless. iʻm using some silicone tips from moondrop.
  • bc of the cables and the connector, itʻs been really hard to find a good fit/seal.
fit and ease of insertion are super important for IEMs...and the ie600 fail miserably in both areas. poor fit leads to poor sound. i wish i could get a better seal on them. iʻm afraid to take them out to A/B with some other IEMs because theyʻre a PITA to insert again. i have small ears and thought that their small size would make them easier to use...but not so.

sound? oh yeah, how do they sound?...i think when i have a proper seal they are pretty good. but my frustration with them definitely cloud my impressions. iʻll give it a few more days and practice putting them in and taking them out...but i already think i have to return them or exchange them because the MMCX connectors are not tight enough...

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #1,443 of 2,231
been listening to these for the past couple of hours. initial thoughts (similar to many here):
  • What is wrong with these cables? itʻs possibly the worst cables iʻve ever used on ANY headphone. the memory part around the ear barely works
  • the connector to the cable isnʻt strong enough. my 3.5mm pair snaps off quite easily so i canʻt remove them without detaching the cable from the housing
  • bc of the cables and the connector, itʻs been really hard to find a good fit/seal.
fit and ease of insertion are super important for IEMs...and the ie600 fail miserably in both areas. poor fit leads to poor sound. i wish i could get a better seal on them. iʻm afraid to take them out to A/B with some other IEMs because theyʻre a PITA to insert again. i have small ears and thought that their small size would make them easier to use...but not so.

sound? oh yeah, how do they sound?...i think when i have a proper seal they are pretty good. but my frustration with them definitely cloud my impressions. iʻll give it a few more days and practice putting them in and taking them out...but i already think i have to return them or exchange them because the MMCX connectors are not tight enough...

I agree with most of his except that they shouldn't be snapping off easily. I haven't had any accidental disconnects. Are you seated them deep enough?

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #1,444 of 2,231
I will try them with 3rd party cable and several eartips such as latest JVC spiral dots.

Feb 20, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #1,445 of 2,231
My cable secures very very well. You do need to push quite hard until you get an audible click.

I have sealing issues but I used a gasket on the 2nd position so the tips stayed on the first position, now I get a great seal.

Feb 20, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #1,446 of 2,231

My Right sided iem is also loose, but doesn’t snap. Hence, everytime before using it, I have to tighten the connector or else the connection is unstable even if I move my head.

Feb 20, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #1,447 of 2,231
good to know it’s not just me and the easily detached connections.

on another rant, i wish some of these companies would stop with the around the ear cables. i much prefer a simple drop down the ear with a way to cinch the cable snug to my chin if i want it. the ear loops are a PITA. </endRant>

Feb 20, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #1,449 of 2,231
Got my Null Audio Ethos MKV cable for these with the Senn connection. They need to be snapped in well but then they are quite secure. There is a low effect memory cable by the ears but much easier to work with than the stock cable. Microphonics are less too. I don't believe in much of any SQ change between one good cable to another, but bought this cable for usability not SQ.

https://www.null-audio.com/products/ethos-5n-cgocc-a-silver-plated-earphone-cable

Feb 20, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #1,450 of 2,231
Got my Null Audio Ethos MKV cable for these with the Senn connection. They need to be snapped in well but then they are quite secure. There is a low effect memory cable by the ears but much easier to work with than the stock cable. Microphonics are less too. I don't believe in much of any SQ change between one good cable to another, but bought this cable for usability not SQ.

https://www.null-audio.com/products/ethos-5n-cgocc-a-silver-plated-earphone-cable

Do you know if the Null Audio cables with a 4.4/2.5 termination are balanced?

Also, are there any aftermarket cables for the IE600 that have interchangeable terminations? I use it with both 3.5mm and 4.4mm amps so it would be great if I could get one cable and not have to use an adapter.

Feb 20, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #1,451 of 2,231
Feb 20, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #1,452 of 2,231
Do you know if the Null Audio cables with a 4.4/2.5 termination are balanced?

Also, are there any aftermarket cables for the IE600 that have interchangeable terminations? I use it with both 3.5mm and 4.4mm amps so it would be great if I could get one cable and not have to use an adapter.

Being that it's Null Audio, I would assume they are balanced, but I would contact them to just be sure.

The cable posted above from Germany looks great, but not so much if you don't live in the EU. If you do, seems like a no brainer. I too would like swappable plugs

Null Audio ships fast shipping. Mine shipped on 2/16 and got here today on 2/20 in New Jersey

Feb 20, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #1,453 of 2,231
How long did it take from ordering to shipping?

And how do you like them so far?
Being that it's Null Audio, I would assume they are balanced, but I would contact them to just be sure.

The cable posted above from Germany looks great, but not so much if you don't live in the EU. If you do, seems like a no brainer. I too would like swappable plugs

Null Audio ships fast shipping. Mine shipped on 2/16 and got here today on 2/20 in New Jersey

Feb 20, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #1,454 of 2,231
Feb 20, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #1,455 of 2,231
How long did it take from ordering to shipping?

And how do you like them so far?

Order was placed on 2/11 late night EST, shipping info given 2/15, FedEx had it tracking on 2/16, received 2/20 in NJ

I just used them a couple of times today. I notice no SQ change, still lovely. They are just much much easier to deal with as far as tangling and storing goes, inserting in your ears, and microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back